Ok....NOW.....I am excited!

What a prospect the Australia - South Africa series is! So much at stake, the beautiful grounds of South Africa, and hopefully some real bowler friendly conditions as the backdrop of the contest of the number 1 and number 2 sides in the world. The venues are exactly the same as when India toured, so the conditions are going to be testing for batting - always something to look forward to in today's age of 600-700+ scores on death beds. Australia have a lot to prove, but are short on resources to make the statement. South Africa have the resources but are in unchartered territory of entering an Aussie series as favorites. The cricket is going to be intense, the verbal battles heated, and each match will potentially hinge on a crucial partnership or a superb bowling spell - making it a spectacle of cricket worth spending time on. In Steyn, Ntini, and Morkel South Africa have an experienced and successful pace attack. Harris' foray into cricket has been impressive despite his limitations and the presence of Kallis gives South Africa the option of playing a spinner even on pace friendly wickets. Ntini and Morkel to hit the deck, Harris to dry up the runs, Steyn and Kallis for spells of swing - sounds almost perfect. They are pitted against a Ponting, Clarke, and Hussey not used to losing and a couple of new comers who might bring just the right amount of caution which a batting line up will need in these conditions. With Smith back in the fold and backed up by Kallis, DeVilliers, and Duminy it's one of the best batting orders assembled by South Africa since their return to the cricketing fold. What Australia do have working for them is the surprise factor of their bowling attack. Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Bollinger, and North have 5 test matches between them and are not known commodities at test level. If they can control their nerves, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger can be particularly dangerous in conditions expected to aid swing bowling. The number 1 spot is at stake in the series, there is enough in the recent and distant past to make the players give their best - this is going to be a test series which is going to keep me awake for a few nights in the coming month and I won't mind it one bit.

I am also really lookin forward to this series.There's never a dull moment when test matches are played in SA mainly because of the quality of wickets on offer.There's enough in the pitch to excite both batsman and bowler. South Africans are the favorites to win this series.As shwetabh mentioned this batting lineup of South Africa is undoubtedly their best of our times and also I feel Australian bowlers are too raw and too inexperienced to make in roads in to SA's powerful lineup on a regular basis.It would be interesting to see how Australian batsmen handles Styen and co. For Australia to have any chance of winning, their experienced batsmen Pwnting,Hussey n Clarke has to score heavily and that's easier said than done given their form of late and the variety in host's bowling !

I'm looking forward to this one too. It's going to be a top series and I think the Aussies will play out of their skins on this tour. Never has it been more challenging for Ricky Ponting and his men. If the Aussies lose the series expect Ricky Ponting to make way for Clarke. There is lot at stake for Aussies here and a third series loss in a row will truly see them struggle in the next 4-5 years at least. If they can turn the table and win the series they will come out stronger. I expect South Africa to win this series given their potential with the ball.