Looking forward to the ODI and Tests

Ok the T-20s are done and dusted and we managed to lose both of them..but here a few things which really makes me optimistic about our chances in the longer formats. Although our batting was responsible for both the losses, its a bit differnt from the previous times we toured here.If you watched the matches you would have probably seen how hardly any of the wickets were caught behind or lbw etc..that is its not the kiwi bowling thats doing the damage.On prev tours our batsmen found it hard to cope with the movement and were dismissed in the appropriate manner.Most of our dismissals have been due to over-aggression( although some of the wickets were down to brilliant bowling,mainly Vettori's). I would like to see how the Indian line-up goes when they have some time on their hands..i'm particularly impressed by the drives our batsmen have been playing for no rewards,thanks to some great fielding by the kiwis.But there will be gaps in the inner circle in Tests and also in ODIs. The only one who genuinely caused any concern was Vettori and the way Yuvraj played him today gives me hope.I am now fairly confident of our top 6 batsmen's chances against him, exception being Yusuf who has yet to show signs of picking him up. If look at it from a practice point of view..the only person who isn't in good nick is Gambhir and probably Yusuf.Other than that everybody have got a decent hit. So looking forward to the ODIs and Tests where i'm sure we'll do better.

I agree with you. In the longer format of the game where luck isn't such a huge factor the class of our batsmen will come through. I almost laughed out loud today at Ryder. In the first match he gets out to a beauty from Ishant and almost game from a similar delivery from Zak but it was just going down legside. They were bowling to a plan for McCullum by feeding him deliveries just outside off to try to get him to drive and he a got a few edges that were lucky boundaries. Overall the team has a plan but we were a bit unlucky.

^ Unfortunately i couldn't catch the India's bowling today..so if you saw the match..could you tell me how Ishant bowled in those 2 overs?.Figures look expensive..did the kiwi batsmen get a measure of him or was it just plain slogging?
plain slogging for the most part.he bowled well.trubling them very much.
This will be an interesting challenge for Gambhir in particular. He may have to change his game slightly as these little dabs to third man, which is usually his go to shot to get off strike, may not necessarily be on due to the extra bounce in the pitches as seen today.
Yes that particular shot will have to be put in locker..the risk is simply too much on these wickets.He can get away with them in the subcontinent though.