Ind-NZ 1st ODI Lineup

BlueBlood

Here's my line-up of the first ODI (I'm assuming Ishant will miss this, I hope they don't bring him in and aggravate his injury) Sehwag Sachin Gambhir Dhoni Yuvraj Raina Yusuf Irfan Bhajji/Ojha (NZ was struggling against spin, so Ojha can be a good idea as a 2nd spin option as well) PK Zak Dhoni's position is make or break to me. I think if Sachin's playing, he should be at #4, Raina has struggled at #3 and if Gamhir gets out quickly, Dhoni can consolidate the innings like he does these days. I think Dhoni's run-a-ball 50 at #4 can be a game changer rather than at #6/#7 I would like to have Sreesanth in the lineup instead of Irfan, but at this point, no update was made. I think Irfan should be given a chance for 2-3 ODI's as well to prove his worth, he can be extremely useful if he can sort his bowling. We need an all-rounder like him if we are to remain competitive in the WC and in the future. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. * I also want Dhoni to bowl Sehwag more, followed by Yusuf and ONLY then Yuvraj. I cannot understand his preference of Yuvraj for more than 5 overs... Sehwag is much more lethal. I also think Gambhir's form is crucial. Him getting used to these conditions might take some time, so Dhoni must take the responsibility to be the sheet-anchor in this series (He's doing an awesome job doing that in the ODI's, and somewhat in the Tests) What do you guys think?

good team,bhajji is an automatic starter.so no ojha

Dhoni's position is make or break to me. I think if Sachin's playing, he should be at #4, Raina has struggled at #3 and if Gamhir gets out quickly, Dhoni can consolidate the innings like he does these days. I think Dhoni's run-a-ball 50 at #4 can be a game changer rather than at #6/#7
i would keep yuvraj at 4.he has done well there.raina is also good at 5.dhoni needs to be at 6 n should rediscover some of his powerhitting back.
* I also want Dhoni to bowl Sehwag more, followed by Yusuf and ONLY then Yuvraj. I cannot understand his preference of Yuvraj for more than 5 overs... Sehwag is much more lethal.
completely agree.i was so mad wwen he bowled yuvi in 19t over in t20.as u sehwg is a much better bowler n gives lot more flight.

Though I would get probably flamed for this Sachin should come @ No.4 We need few guys to steer the team and hold forte @ one end. Sachin is the one capable of doing it He can rotate strike easily and @ same time hit boundaries Other strikers should play around Sachin..if a collapse happens ( hope it doesn't), we have Dhoni @ 6 Raina should come @ No.5. Yuvi @ 3 and Yusuf should use more brains...he cant come and slog from the first ball...he is good talent..awesome hitter, but he will drift deep in the domestic abyss, if he is reckless

What the hell Irfan pathan is doing there :angry_smile: He should no where be near any India squad now
n why is that.he bowled pretty well in last game n also hit some runs
Munaf , PK and Zak should play and pray that Ishant would be back for 2nd ODI
too long a tail.we cant have bhajji batting at 8
Though I would get probably flamed for this Sachin should come @ No.4 We need few guys to steer the team and hold forte @ one end. Sachin is the one capable of doing it He can rotate strike easily and @ same time hit boundaries Other strikers should play around Sachin..if a collapse happens ( hope it doesn't), we have Dhoni @ 6 Raina should come @ No.5. Yuvi @ 3 and Yusuf should use more brains...he cant come and slog from the first ball...he is good talent..awesome hitter, but he will drift deep in the domestic abyss, if he is reckless
why not stop the collapse from the top itself.let sachin play sheet anchor n sehwag playing his shots

Yuvraj vs. Vettori is interesting. I think Yuvraj's position should be such that he doesn't have to face Vettori too much. For example after the 30th over when the field is spread to nudge vettori for singles. I think brining Yuvi in the 15th over or so (3rd - 4th is crazy). If Sachin doesn't play for whatever reason Dhoni @ #3 is the best option. Dhoni is wasted at #6. He is always having to consolidate partnerships along with other hitters like Yuvi and Yusf. I want to see Dhoni hit 50-60+ at #3 and consolidate the innings with Sehwag/Gambhir if a wicket falls quickly. NZ's strength is their top 3-4 batsmen, we need to bolster our opening 3 as well. Dhoni is hard to get out these days due to his impeccable defense. I hope he moves himself up the order and consolidate the innings such that the likes of Yuvi and Yusuf can go for it in the finaly 10-15 overs

n why is that.he bowled pretty well in last game n also hit some runs
did u say, he bowled well...omg You saw what happ first two overs he bowled and the dreadful last Damn, he is biggest weak link. I would rather have a proper bowler rather than IKP's 20 odd runs + 10 bad overs