So we do not need Sachin anymore, do we?

If Viru stays for 35 overs, we have a great chance of registering our first win in this series. However, he needs to keep in mind that first 10 overs, 35-40 runs is more than enough. If he and SRT can prevent loss of wickets in the first 10 overs, and then gradually up the ante between 10-20 overs, and finally kick it up a few notches after 20 overs, we will have game on. But he keeps going mad in the first 10 overs, and one shot too many leads to the dismissal. SRT's role is clear - anchor up one end and stay almost most of the inn at the crease, and keep Viru calm as long as he can. Take the singles, big shots can come later. If SRT scores, 80 off 95 balls he has done his job (anything better is a bonus and welcome but not required). If SRT scores 25 off 18 balls, he has failed the role. Keep Viru and Yuvi going at the other end for "quick runs" *after* they get their eye in.
Stone age cricket?
If Viru stays for 35 overs, we have a great chance of registering our first win in this series. However, he needs to keep in mind that first 10 overs, 35-40 runs is more than enough. If he and SRT can prevent loss of wickets in the first 10 overs, and then gradually up the ante between 10-20 overs, and finally kick it up a few notches after 20 overs, we will have game on. But he keeps going mad in the first 10 overs, and one shot too many leads to the dismissal. SRT's role is clear - anchor up one end and stay almost most of the inn at the crease, and keep Viru calm as long as he can. Take the singles, big shots can come later. If SRT scores, 80 off 95 balls he has done his job (anything better is a bonus and welcome but not required). If SRT scores 25 off 18 balls, he has failed the role. Keep Viru and Yuvi going at the other end for "quick runs" *after* they get their eye in.
hun.. whats up with this old age cricket..?? we as a couple discussed that we will embrace the new age slam bang cricki.. dint we..?? so pls stop disrespecting the mutual agreement we made . i think i have to teach the nuances of ODI cricket tonight.. :((
When compared to all ODI cricketers?
Its a diff ball game overseas' date=' You just cannot give up your wickets. And even when Sahcin anchors he scores at a strike rate of voer 90+[/quote'] I wonder how his career SR is below 90 when supposedly he plays at 90+ SR even while anchoring i.e.playing cautiously. B-> To be honest MTC, I think Irfan Pathan brings more to the team than Sachin now. He can play at the same pace, at times even quicker,can open and bat at 3(as shown under Chappell) and is a very useful bowler to boot. He should replace SRT with immediate effect! B->
To be honest MTC, I think Irfan Pathan brings more to the team than Sachin now. He can play at the same pace, at times even quicker,can open and bat at 3(as shown under Chappell) and is a very useful bowler to boot. He should replace SRT with immediate effect! B->
:hmmmm:
I wonder how his career SR is below 90 when supposedly he plays at 90+ SR even while anchoring i.e.playing cautiously. B-> To be honest MTC, I think Irfan Pathan brings more to the team than Sachin now. He can play at the same pace, at times even quicker,can open and bat at 3(as shown under Chappell) and is a very useful bowler to boot. He should replace SRT with immediate effect! B->
Yes indeed, SRT could never bowl more than 1 lollypops in an over, and as far as runs and techniques are concerned IKP is so much better.