Ella Pugazhum Iraivanukke - A.R. Rahman's family during the Oscar Live

fineleg

He gets an Oscar for a "Hindi" composition' date=' but still the title on U-tube is "Tamilian ARR". WTF! How is that important?[/quote'] A Tamizh channel does a program on a Tamizh-speaking person who just won an oscar. What do you expect them to title the show as? 'Pakistani ARR'?

But the channel has not made a big deal about him being from TN. Only the U-tube title makes it important.
That Chitra sang a Tamil anthem of sorts before the whole thing started? And apart from Rahman, no one spoke even a word in English and all of them clapped and laughed out loud when he said 'Ella Pugazhum Iraivanukke' mean anything to you ?

A tamil or kannadiga or for that matter watever state a person is from doesnt even matter at all..its just his own talent that has taken him to the place where he is now and we should just be happy that he is from the same country as we are..just because he is from tamil nadu it doesn mean that anyone from tamil nadu can go and get an oscar..Rahmans genius and hard work has got him there..thats it

You know what I think it is only natural that Tamilians are proud of ARR, and I dont see anything wrong with that. They do have the right to rub it in other's faces that ARR, the Indian who won the Oscar is a Tamilian (not being sarcastic). I'm sure if he were Telugu, I'd be harping on about it. I'm scared to think waht'd have happened if he were Gujju :P So, yes my Tamil brothers are proud of him. That doesn't make them or ARR any less Indian. Celebrate the fact that these people, so proud of their own language and culture are part of the mesmerizingly immense culture that is India.

You know what I think it is only natural that Tamilians are proud of ARR, and I dont see anything wrong with that. They do have the right to rub it in other's faces that ARR, the Indian who won the Oscar is a Tamilian (not being sarcastic). I'm sure if he were Telugu, I'd be harping on about it. I'm scared to think waht'd have happened if he were Gujju :P So, yes my Tamil brothers are proud of him. That doesn't make them or ARR any less Indian. Celebrate the fact that these people, so proud of their own language and culture are part of the mesmerizingly immense culture that is India.
:clap::clap: