India Under-19s in Australia 2009

Chandan

Australian colts are 4 down for just 98 in 44 overs at lunch today. But they'll be needing only 23 runs after this, to win this youth test. Report for the Day 2 of the match: Australia Under-19s v India Under-19s - 2nd Youth Test, Day 2 Doran draws Australia U-19 closer to victory (Indian POV) April 20, 2009 Australia Under-19 0 for 19 (Maddinson 13*, Beaton 6*) and 7 for 223 dec (Beaton 70, Kundan 4-72) need another 128 runs to beat India Under-19 165 (Meenaria 51, Richardson 5-28) and 184 (Meenaria Sharma 81, Doran 4-25) Australia Under-19 were comfortably placed at the end of the second day against India Under-19 team at the WACA, after Luke Doran ran through the India U-19 batting line-up during their second innings to ensure the hosts had an easy target of 127 to level the two-match Test series. Australia U-19 continued well from their overnight score of 5 for 136, with a 70-run partnership between wicketkeeper Mitchell Marsh (44) and James Garrett (36 not out) helping them to a lead of 58. Offspinner Kundan Singh was India's best bowler, with figures of 4 for 72. The Indian batsmen then failed to impress for the second time in the game, and were dismissed for 184 in 52 overs. Manan Sharma offered lone resistance with a fine 81 off 117 balls, which included 14 boundaries. While Tim Armstrong and Adam Zampa took two wickets apiece, Doran ensured there was no late charge as he accounted for three bottom-order batsmen. Australia U-19 openers Nic Maddinson and Tom Beaton played out the remaining 11 overs in the day to take them through to stumps. Aus U19 sizing up victory (Australian POV, from CA site) 20 April, 2009 Matt Cenin for cricket.com.au Luke Doran The Australia Under-19 team is staring at victory after a good day in the field has seen them bundle out India for a second time, leaving them with only a further 108 runs to win on the final day at the WACA. Australia started the day at 5-136 in their first innings and quickly went about gaining a lead with minimal damage, eventually declaring on 7-223, leading by 58. Full of confidence the hosts then went out and rolled India for just 184 in the second innings, with spinner Luke Doran snaring 4-25 from 11.5 overs, leaving the home side with just 126 to get in their final innings. The Aussies had 11 dangerous overs to bat prior to stumps, surviving to be 0-19, requiring a further 108 runs to record their second win on what will also be the final days play in the series. Earlier, it was local WA boy Mitch Marsh (44) and South Australian Joel Garrett (36 not out) who advanced on the overnight total to give the home side a nice little first innings buffer. The pair put on an invaluable 70 for the seventh wicket, as Marsh and Garrett controlled the pace of the innings. Going back in for a second dig India looked in control at 5-148, setting themselves on the back of a neat 81 from Manan Sharma that came from only 117 deliveries and included 14 boundaries. However left-arm orthodox spinner Doran had other ideas, spinning a web around the Indian lower order as the visitors lost 5-36. Medium pacer Tim Armstrong and spinner Adam Zampa also picked up two wickets each. Aussie openers Nic Maddinson (13 not out) and Tom Beaton (6 not out) went back to the crease for 11 overs before stumps, moving the score to 0-19 and both will be looking to guide the side home tomorrow. It has been a gallant fight back from the hosts who were 3-0 down in the five match series heading to Perth, however have no rallied for a win in last Friday’s one-dayer and are now staring down the barrel of a second win to finish the series in WA. Play resumes at the WACA from 10am tomorrow with Australia Under-19 requiring another 108 runs to win.

Your expertise on the game is no match for mine. If you're able to tell the stories from the scorecards' date=' I'd better stop arguing.[/quote'] It is not just based on the scorecards. It is a combination of reading the reports with player quotes and scorecards of Hobart matches and the waca matches. Also based on what they said about the pitches. With the above data, even if you cannot get all the info, you can get an idea, can't you? You can get an idea that the Ind batsmen did find waca conditions tougher than at hobart. I dont know why one can't even read that much based on available info.

So how is it you're able to do such precise mindreading here, yet when it's a game like Delhi v. Maharashtra, your comprehensive studies of match reports, scorecards, tactical talk and such leads you to call Sehwag a "scaredy-cat" for not opening the batting? (Remember similarly great scorecard-based insights like this? More epic fail!) Please try and explain, using player quotes, scorecards, comments on pitches and the same info you talk about how such a statement can be justified. BTW:

You can get an idea that the Ind batsmen did find waca conditions tougher than at perth.
THE WACA IS IN PERTH. THE WACA IS THE CRICKET GROUND THAT PEOPLE AT PERTH PLAY ON. You have no clue, do you? faile.jpg

^ :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :rotfl:

Seriously you guys lack a life. That was a mistake while I was posting in a hurry. Corrected to Hobart. Jeez, yeah go believe I dont know waca is at perth. What losers you are, having an orgasm over a simple mistake. You guys make such mistakes, no big deal. if I do it, oh, party on.

Seriously you guys lack a life. That was a mistake while I was posting in a hurry. Corrected to Hobart. Jeez, yeah go believe I dont know waca is at perth. What losers you are, having an orgasm over a simple mistake. You guys make such mistakes, no big deal. if I do it, oh, party on.
mods please take note of this vulgar and offensive post. It offends me :((

9 and 32 against Himachal :roll: Yeah, Thanks for validating the point that he hadnt scored runs. BTW - if I remember right, He was not part of the original probables list selected by selectors. Squad was supposed to be a subset of the probables, and it was some last minute Kumble intervention that got him on the final squad. He did well in the tour, but at time of selection there were lot of questions based on his (lack of) form.

Yes, he did well after the selection, and kudos to him for that. But the discussion then was about his form before/during the selection time. There was a reason he was not in the probables list also. Why did he not make that list? It was because his form was in question at that time.

9 and 32 against Himachal :roll: Yeah, Thanks for validating the point that he hadnt scored runs. BTW - if I remember right, He was not part of the original probables list selected by selectors. Squad was supposed to be a subset of the probables, and it was some last minute Kumble intervention that got him on the final squad. He did well in the tour, but at time of selection there were lot of questions based on his (lack of) form.
In other words, go back December 2007 in this forum, and we'll see 100 threads by you about why Aakash Chopra is better than Sehwag. While the rest of us were celebrating because it will be entertaining cricket that would be played by Sehwag, you could see beyond his attacking strokes - that he lacks any sort of technique, he was afraid of facing the new ball bowlers, and he should've never been selected to any sort of cricket format for India.

^ It (cricket selection) is not based solely on runs scored against HP. Why was sehwag not in the probables list that selectors put out? That was not based on just one or two matches...he was having a poor run in Intl matches, and hence got dropped for prior series, and did not make the cut to initial probables list. This was based on his batting form at that time. Not on the HP match alone. After his selection to Aus, he turned it around. But at the point of selection, there was validity to the selectors and public having questions about his form.

Ok. So Australia U-19 won the 3 day match too at WACA and they hardly had to sweat while scoring an easy target of just 127 which they scored, losing just 6 wickets. Report: Australia Under-19s v India Under-19s - 2nd Youth Test India colts lose second match, win series 3-2 (Indian POV) 21 Apr 2009, 1750 hrs IST, PTI PERTH: India Under 19 team rounded off their Down Under tour with a six-wicket defeat at the hands of Australia colts in the second three-day match on Tuesday, but by virtue of victories in two One-dayers and one three-day game, they managed to pocket the series 3-2. The visitors won two out of the three limited over matches and then beat the Aussies in the first three-day game by nine wickets in Hobart to win the Under-19 International series between the two sides. However, in the final day of the second and final three-day match, the Indian bowlers ran out of steam after taking three quick Australian wickets in the first session. Speedster Harshal Patel raised visions of a shock win for India, snaring three wickets for 32 runs in the morning but Mitchell Marsh batted with great discipline and scored an unbeaten 69 to help Australia reach the required target of 108 runs without any late hiccups. Chasing 127 for victory, Australia resumed their innings at the overnight score of 19 for no loss, but soon found themselves in a tight corner at 4/40 before Marsh and Joel Garrett put on a unbeaten 90-run stand for the fifth wicket to see the hosts home. The Indian boys were shot out for 165 in their first innings and were hardly impressive in their second essay by managing only 184. Earlier, Australia colts declared their first essay at 223 for seven which meant they need just 127 for a win. Mayank Agarwal was adjudged Player of the Series for his exploits with the bat. The 17-year-old Karnataka lad made 379 runs at an average of 75.8 in his six innings. Aussie U19s finish series on winning note (Australian POV from CA site) 21 April, 2009 Matt Cenin for cricket.com.au 00023313-image.jpgAustralia Under-19 skipper Mitchell Marsh Australia has finished the Under-19 International Series against India on a positive note winning the final match, a three-day game at the WACA, by six wickets. India took out the overall honours with a 3-2 win over the five matches, dominating the Hobart leg of the series. Australia required just 108 runs to win on the final day at the WACA after moving to 0-19 at stumps on day two. However, Indian speedster Harshal Patel had other ideas on the final morning, snaring 3-32 before Australia eventually got the required runs thanks to Mitchell Marsh’s 69 not out. Australia Under-19 captain Marsh said he was pleased to finish the series with a couple of wins after finding conditions tough in Hobart. “Coming over to Perth we knew we were 0-3 and we really wanted to get a win on the board and the boys came together well,” 17-year-old Marsh said. “The wicket was a lot bouncier and Kane Richardson bowled extremely well in the first innings of this match taking five wickets which was a great reward for him. He worked hard in Hobart but things just didn’t quite go his way.” Australia found themselves in a little bit of trouble early at 4-40 but the team rallied, thanks to Marsh and South Australian Joel Garrett (25 not out) who put on 90 for the partnership closing out the match. “When we were 4-40 we were in a bit of strife but Joel (Garrett) and I put on a good partnership and it got us over the line in the end,” Marsh said. “It’s been a great tour for everyone and that’s why we have these types of series so we can learn and adapt to different situations.” Kane Richardson was named Player of the Match for his spell in the first innings that reaped five wickets and helped put India on the back-foot from the outset. “It definitely felt good to get a few wickets. It was good to get out there on the first day and walk out to the middle and see a bit of grass on the wicket and to bowl first up was great because our attack was really looking forward to bowling at the WACA,” 18-year-old Richardson said. “Hobart was a bit disappointing, not just for myself but for the whole bowling group – we didn’t really execute what we wanted to – but as soon as we got over here and into training we really emphasized hitting our lengths and trying to make the batsman play. “We tried to get them to play all the time or where ever possible and it paid off for us this game and personally I was really satisfied with how they came out so I’m very happy,” the South Australian said. India’s Mayank Agarwal, a 17-year-old from Karnataka was named Player of the Series after a terrific tour that saw him compile 379 runs at an average of 75.8 in six innings. Australia coach Brian McFadyen said it was a learning experience for the players and he is positive they have gained plenty over the duration of the series. “It was a really impressive turn around from when we were in Hobart,” McFadyen said. “To be honest, I don’t think we really expected to come here and win two games and to win them convincingly was a very pleasing result. “I was really very, very impressed with how our guys were able to talk about delivering plans, and one of those plans was using their feet to spinners, but more importantly, their courage to actually integrate that into their game, experiment with it and further develop those skills, learning from the experience. “To see that these players are prepared to make adjustments to their game and have the courage to apply that in a match situation was really pleasing.” McFadyen: Learning curve for young Aussies 22 April, 2009 Matt Cenin for cricket.com.au 00023319-image.jpgBrian McFadyen Australia Australia Under-19 coach Brian McFadyen was extremely pleased with how his side regathered after a tough start to the recent Under-19 International Series against India. Speaking with Cricket.com.au, McFadyen said that although his side suffered some heavy early losses, he was impressed with how his side coped with the experience and then learned from their earlier mistakes. “There were probably a few nerves early in the series and our team just took a little bit of time to gain some confidence and know specifically what they were expected to do,” McFadyen told Cricket.com.au. “For them to just go out there and do it like they did in the last couple of matches was great. “I think it was great that they were able to show a bit of character and believe in their own ability here in Perth which was fantastic.” McFadyen said it was always a challenge against a talented India Under-19 line-up that had good seamers that were accurate spinners that were getting it to turn. “India were excellent; their quicks were very good, they had good control and rarely bowled a bad ball and their spinners were very subtle but they also had that one spinner that spun it big and that was always a great challenge for us,” the Cricket Australia Centre of Excellence Program Manager said. “Every time he came on the game was always alive and a great contest for us and their batters were so highly skilled which we saw prominently in Hobart. “It was good to see a really aggressive type of cricket that they play and so challenging with their in/out fields and they appeal a lot and create a lot of pressure and all those things that we know they often do. “It was just a great opportunity for our guys to experience playing against those types of teams.” 00023320-image.jpgKane Richardson bowling in Hobart The experience and challenge of the series certainly wasn’t lost on the players, who were grateful for the extra knowledge the encounter provided them. Opening bowler Kane Richarson, who also toured with the Australia Under-19 team last year, was very aware of the importance of the series and the experience it provided him and his team mates. “Cricket Australia always seems to give us series against India or Pakistan and I think that’s because they’re the ones that are going to test us out the most, they love their cricket and they play it well,” the 18-year-old said. “It was definitely an eye-opener for everyone on just how tough international cricket can be. “Everyone’s learning and every game we played we’ve taken something out of it which is important so definitely plenty of positives to come out of the series for everyone in the squad.” -------------------------------------------------------- I wish someone can tell us what our players learnt! Mayank Agarwal looks to be a good prospect but I am disappointed at not finding even a single good pace bowling prospect. And who is that spinner, the Aussie coach is talking about?