Loving the kiwi commentators

I guess summer is the best time to visit ,right ? but its expensive to travel during summers :(( ...ab biwi kehti hai ke NZ chaltay hain ghumnay .. I asked her 3 months ago and she refused then cuz she knew that my trip was primarily to watch cricket :((
lol tell her you want to Visit India now and travel :giggle:

Turn off the cameras, dig an inch under neath the surface and the true colors are revealed. All these praises sound so artificial, superficial. You'd get the feeling they're just saying what the Indian audience want to hear, an attitude that is re enforced if you read some of the local articles written in the N.Z. press.

Guest gaurav_indian
Turn off the cameras' date= dig an inch under neath the surface and the true colors are revealed. All these praises sound so artificial, superficial. You'd get the feeling they're just saying what the Indian audience want to hear, an attitude that is re enforced if you read some of the local articles written in the N.Z. press.
I dont know about others but I am sure about Ian Smith.:winky:
I dont know about others but I am sure about Ian Smith.:winky:
I personally find Ian Smith a breath a fresh air, some one who acknowledges the players abilities and gives credit where its due without resorting to excuses. As for the others, see, they don't have to exactly say "It's because of India's money. Without money, they wouldn't win matches". Such feelings of animosity are implied in their body language, their gestures, commentary etc
Turn off the cameras, dig an inch under neath the surface and the true colors are revealed. All these praises sound so artificial, superficial. You'd get the feeling they're just saying what the Indian audience want to hear, an attitude that is re enforced if you read some of the local articles written in the N.Z. press.
Its not just about them praising India or not going over the top in support of the kwis. Its there wonderful little stories and anecdotes. Great to listen to, very entertaining. The pace they commentate at to me is the perfect way for cricket. They remind me of test match special on radio 4.

I've actually disliked the commentary quite a bit over the past 4 days. Its been stupid, disrespectful, and sometimes, yeah D.U.M.B. Yesterday, they called Gambhir Sehwag, and didn't correct themselves (this was the 2nd or 3rd time it happened). Then one of them goes on to say, "Its a spin bowler's job to spin the ball and its a seam bowler's job to swing the ball". WTF. They were complaining sooo much about James Franklin's dismissal in the first innings of the first test, and McIntosh's dismissal here in the first innings. But when Dravid got a rough decision, 'what goes around comes around' ? I might seem like I'm complaining because we didn't do well for the first 3 days but thats hardly true. The commentary has been terrible, as far as I'm concerned. We were losing to Australia last (Australian) summer, and even they weren't as biased as this commentary team has been. Absolutely no respite for any mistake India has made. Mocking them. Blah. :P

I've actually disliked the commentary quite a bit over the past 4 days. Its been stupid, disrespectful, and sometimes, yeah D.U.M.B. Yesterday, they called Gambhir Sehwag, and didn't correct themselves (this was the 2nd or 3rd time it happened). Then one of them goes on to say, "Its a spin bowler's job to spin the ball and its a seam bowler's job to swing the ball". WTF. They were complaining sooo much about James Franklin's dismissal in the first innings of the first test, and McIntosh's dismissal here in the first innings. But when Dravid got a rough decision, 'what goes around comes around' ? I might seem like I'm complaining because we didn't do well for the first 3 days but thats hardly true. The commentary has been terrible, as far as I'm concerned. We were losing to Australia last (Australian) summer, and even they weren't as biased as this commentary team has been. Absolutely no respite for any mistake India has made. Mocking them. Blah. :P
You're being too harsh man.. The thing is, to expect the commentators to be completely bipartisan is a totally unrealistic expectation to have. After all, they're human and they will take sides. But whats good about the Kiwi commies is that they dont over do and have flip-flop standards, unlike say a Ian Healy...
Its not just about them praising India or not going over the top in support of the kwis. Its there wonderful little stories and anecdotes. Great to listen to' date=' very entertaining. T[b']he pace they commentate at to me is the perfect way for cricket. They remind me of test match special on radio 4.
I've felt the same too. Somehow, these guys make the proceedings sound really interesting.

There are a lot of Kiwis that know their cricket just doesn't trust NZ to beat India even after India were bowled out for 300. All they do is talk about Tendulkar, Sehwag and the likes. In one of the net sessions few kids watching from behind the nets sledged McCullum calling him a slogger and a bloke that can't hit a ball so much so that McCullum lost his cool and literally asked them to shut up. While the NZ players are pretty much neglected kids line up to get an autograph from the Indian players such is the following. I feel sorry for the NZ players, they are so nice to talk to and are great ambassadors of the sport but are treated well below par in this country. I'm sure they are treated way better outside NZ than in NZ.

There are a lot of Kiwis that know their cricket just doesn't trust NZ to beat India even after India were bowled out for 300. All they do is talk about Tendulkar' date=' Sehwag and the likes. In one of the net sessions few kids watching from behind the nets sledged McCullum calling him a slogger and a bloke that can't hit a ball so much so that McCullum lost his cool and literally asked them to shut up. While the NZ players are pretty much neglected kids line up to get an autograph from the Indian players such is the following. I feel sorry for the NZ players, they are so nice to talk to and are great ambassadors of the sport but are treated well below par in this country. I'm sure they are treated way better outside NZ than in NZ.[/quote'] Yeah, in my previous post, I wasn't questioning that at all. They seem very nice guys to talk to - and Iain O'Brien's blog somewhat reassures your notion as well. I just thought it was poor commentary from guys like Mark Richardson and Simon Doull ( who was quite good last test match, by the way - even when Vettori & McCullum were bossing India around ). If what you say is indeed true about NZ players, I do feel sorry for them, and especially, McCullum because he's so much more than a slogger.