Who is the better fast bowler among these ?

Who is the better fast bowler among these ?  

1. 1.

• Zaheer Khan
    • Ishant Sharma
    • Dale Steyn
    • Mitchell Johnson
    • Jerome Taylor
    • h4te
    • Ramesh Powar
    • Shahid Afridi

Steyn. Although I feel that although Johnson is a quality bowler, he's had it easy with the bowling conditions in his career so far. I'd put Zaheer or Ishant ahead of him but its hard to choose one because they feed off each other and form a good partership.

Steyn. Although I feel that although Johnson is a quality bowler' date=' he's had it easy with the bowling conditions in his career so far. I'd put Zaheer or Ishant ahead of him but its hard to choose one because they feed off each other and form a good partership.[/quote'] i wont put ishant or zaheer ahead of mitchel, but i wont put him steyn ahead of him either. steyn seems inspidi at times, a little too much of blow hot, blow cold. johnson is probably the best bowler on the circuit at the moment. sidebottom might be his most prominent challenger.
i wont put ishant or zaheer ahead of mitchel' date=' but i wont put him steyn ahead of him either. steyn seems inspidi at times, a little too much of blow hot, blow cold. johnson is probably the best bowler on the circuit at the moment. sidebottom might be his most prominent challenger.[/quote'] Johnson was raped @ 40 for 13 wicket in 4 tests in India. While Steyn went at average of 20 for 15 wickets in 3 tests...Johnson has had 2 very good series but his record on unresponsive wickets has been below par..

It's hard to say. On potential it would have to be Steyn although he isn't as consistent yet as I would like. Johnson probably comes next partly because he's found that extra yard of pace and has really improved lately even though he's gone through a huge workload the last year. He has played on helpful wickets recently so that helps but he has a certain x-factor because he's a left handed bowler I think. Ishant probably comes third through no fault of his own as he's just 20 and has a long way to go to get the kind of experience. I think he's only really played in a handful of matches that help the bowlers so he hasn't had the luxury the other two have had. Zaheer is a different type of bowler than the top three I think. He's probably the slowest of the four here but makes up for it with his great skills like swinging the ball both ways, seaming it well also and ofcourse he's got the reverse swing not to mention he's left handed as well. It depends what you want really. In swinging conditions I would take Zaheer and Steyn. On flatter wickets I think Johnson and Ishant because of the pace but Ishant has that extra bounce also. Each player has his own abilities which makes it hard to say which bowler is the best. Zaheer clearly leads the pack when it comes to reverse/swing, expert seam position, steyn/mitchell in pace, and Ishant probably has the most potential in terms of the way he's come on. But having said that if I was looking at it in long term I would take Ishant Sharma above everyone because he has a decade of cricket ahead of him at least and he's already bowling as one of the best. Imagine what he could do with 4 more years of experience and growth? I also really like Ishant's attitude. He's consistent from his first over to his last and does a great job of maintaining his pace throughout his spell. Combine that with how quickly he's learned new tricks like the slower ball, a bit of reverse swing and his attitude of how he listens to Zaheer and other senior players really shows that he has the mental make up of a very good bowler. It's no coincidence that he's done so well. While some of our other bowlers have cracked under pressure he thrives on it and feeds off of it. The spell he had against Ponting in Australia was probably the best I've ever seen from a 19 year old bowler. New on the stage with a huge amount of pressure on him, facing one of the world's best in his home ground and Ishant completely and utterly wrecked him apart. I don't know if it was that spell or what but Ponting hasn't been the same batsmen since as other teams have really targetted him with a similar attack when he's new on the crease.