another insult to the legend

It's all part of Politics.. Just heard the other day one of the Congress spokesperson saying that Shahrukh and Preity will canvass for them and even participate in rallies and road shows in the upcoming polls... and Ganguly is a comrade now...rite ?? :cantstop:

What is it with Indian cricketers and criticism ? Are they protected species or something? At the end of the day, its performance that matters. If you can't do it, you'll be replaced by someone who will Its nothing personal, its just business. Besides, You can't have everything your way when you're being paid a 1 million dollars and treated like a king

Deccan Chargers are guaranteed a seventh place finish this season :giggle:
I had just prepared a banner for my new IPL website which I am going to launch soon and I put Deccan Chargers on the eighth position in that banner .. I thought they should be at the last place anywhere in the IPL teams .. at least with Laxman as captain of T20 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Dada's body language said it all at today's press conference when Buchanan was talking about this. Dumb move by SRK. If this does happen' date=' the gates of Kolkata will be closed for him forever.[/quote'] I dont know if SRK was against Dada.. I dont think he would ever do so.. SRK respects Dada the most and also made him judge of Knights and Angels and have long plans with Ganguly As per news reports, John Buchanan was adamant on sacking Ganguly as captain but SRK mediated and said that Ganguly will remain captain without any second thoughts.. it was then Buchanan arrived at the compromise formula of keeping Ganguly as the captain while nurturing future captains and dividing responsibility for the future of KKR
I had just prepared a banner for my new IPL website which I am going to launch soon and I put Deccan Chargers on the eighth position in that banner .. I thought they should be at the last place anywhere in the IPL teams .. at least with Laxman as captain of T20 :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
i think gilly will captain DC this time
i think gilly will captain DC this time
If Gilly captains DC might be one of the favorites for sure :two_thumbs_up: Anyways Gilly will play the whole IPL this year and that should be very beneficial for DC as he has been one of Aussie's most explosive batsmen in recent years :nice:

That isn't an insult. Even the likes of Laxman and Rahul Dravid have been asked to stand down. They are still playing international cricket and no noise were made about their sacking but when it comes to Ganguly it's all news. I think Ganguly should just understand a player that isn't even playing full time cricket hardly has much to offer. He should be happy he's still playing Twenty20 cricket. I don't reckon his performances were that great last year anyways. I suppose he could do a better job in the overall management than captaincy.

That isn't an insult. Even the likes of Laxman and Rahul Dravid have been asked to stand down. They are still playing international cricket and no noise were made about their sacking but when it comes to Ganguly it's all news. I think Ganguly should just understand a player that isn't even playing full time cricket hardly has much to offer. He should be happy he's still playing Twenty20 cricket. I don't reckon his performances were that great last year anyways. I suppose he could do a better job in the overall management than captaincy.
agree.its a stupid idea to have 4 captains like digging ur own grave but hardly an insult
This should not be a issue thou' date=' Ganguly never heavily impacted T20 form of the game in any which manner and now since he has retired from all international forms, its kinda sensible to ask someone else to lead the team[/quote'] but the point is if hes in the team that represents Bengal,he gotta captain.if hes not fit enuf to play t20 anymore,drop him.but having 4 captains is ridiculous

Yeah what an insult allright. The guy is a retired cricketer well past his prime, how dare he allow other players to contribute as captain? Don't they know he's a legend and the entire team is only there because of Ganguly? He's the only one that matters of course. He should be insulted as well that he doesn't get a full hand in doing everything around the team. He should be insulted that he's not there in a mini skirt doing dances instead of the cheer leaders!!

agree.its a stupid idea to have 4 captains like digging ur own grave but hardly an insult
It's a dumb decision to have 4 captains. Why just stop at that, why can't they have 11 captains? Seems like they pulled out the number of captains from a hat. That said it is silly that protestors are asking Buchanan to head back home for changing captain. It has always been like this with Ganguly's case the Kolkata public pull out a protest. It almost feels like Ganguly is considered bigger than the sport. http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=Cricket&id=671f5e3d-4265-414e-881b-781ca4fd346c&Headline=%27Go+back+Buchanan%27%2c+shout+protesting+Kolkatans
'Go back Buchanan', shout protesting Kolkatans A day after the Kolkata Knight Riders cricket manager John Buchanan made it clear that Sourav Ganguly was no more its sole captain, protests broke out on Wednesday outside Eden Gardens where KKR team camp was going on. A group of youngmen took to the streets protesting the development and shouted slogans like 'Go back Buchanan'. They also burnt Buchanan's effigy outside the stadium. Buchanan, who is known for his punctuality, strangely did not turn up till 2.30 pm though the camp had started shortly after 1 pm. Ganguly was, however, present at the camp. Ganguly has been axed as the sole leader of the side with Buchanan on Wednesday saying there would not be a "fixed captain" of the team and he wants to go ahead with the strange concept of "multiple captains" during IPL matches. Ganguly later ridiculed the idea of having "rotating captains" for the KKR team in the second edition of IPL, saying "tomorrow I can also ask for four coaches".
I'm hoping Buchanan is mooting the idea of 4 captains during the season and not 4 captains per game.:nervous:

It sounds a crazy idea cricketing wise but business wise, it is SUICIDE. The whole point of having city based franchise is to develop loyalties among local fans, and they sure would be pissed. Dada was the icon player, wasn't he ? SRK is a shrewd businessman and I don't know how he even agreed to this idea. Having Dada in the team and doing reasonably well (lets say top 3-4 finish) is going to make KKR much more attractive business entity than having brad Hodge captain and winning IPL.