Deccan Chargers

Rohan495

Shahid Afridi must take MASSIVE responsibility for DC's dismal performance. He is a 12 year old pro who was expected to play responsibly and score important runs for his team. But he has left his team in the lurch, almost every time. Sure, his bowling is quite decent, but he was also paid the thousands for his batting too. I think it would misnomer to call Afridi an all-rounder anymore. He is a decent bowler and a good fielder, that is it. His batting is downright pathetic and mindless.

Guest HariSampath
Well, apart from that? :-D P.S - Hint : Icon players... :giggle:
Refer to the Dud's league thread...matter has been officially dealt with ever since the 4 teams were officially nominated Duds by the ICF/IPL governing committee :giggle:

Guest HariSampath
i don't think anything over yet for them.. still have chance to qualify.. u just don't know and a winning streak might get started. about this game, it's totally gone..
Yeah...they just have to win 7 out of their next 6 matches...and we all know anything is possible in cricket :giggle:

I think it would misnomer to call Afridi an all-rounder anymore. He is a decent bowler and a good fielder' date=' that is it. His batting is downright pathetic and mindless.[/quote'] Who the f-ck was calling him an all rounder even now? His batting's always been unreliable, inconsistent and constantly distancing itself from any sense of responsibility or maturity. He's gutless, has no heart for a fight in a test match (remember his hilarious capitulation to Panesar in the Old Trafford test a couple of years back when he couldn't handle the Harmison/Monty combo that day?) and his bowling's not all that much better. Yeah, it's good in ODIs and fantastic against crap teams or tailenders who play him as a spinner and then struggle against the pace and top spin. Otherwise he's better than average - can keep it tight and on a length from time to time, but lacks brains (shock, horror, WHAT A REVELATION!) to outwit batsmen, to take wickets or exploit a helpful surface and he doesn't have the commitment to keep bowling good spells when the going gets tough. A fine fielder though, I'll give him credit for that. And he's always aggressive on the field, and constantly youthful. Whichever team paid big money for him could have done a lot better.

afridi has lost hyderabad 2 matches now with his careless batting. in the match against bangalore, when hyderabad needed 30 off 20 balls, afridi came in & carelessly swung his bat & lost the match. but hyderabad have only one last chance now, win all 6 of their remaining matches & hope for some teams to lose some matches. at 8 wins out of 14 matches, there could be a chance

Shahid Afridi must take MASSIVE responsibility for DC's dismal performance. [B]He is a 12 year old pro[/b] who was expected to play responsibly and score important runs for his team. But he has left his team in the lurch, almost every time. ........
yeah...he showed his age today :laugh:

Deccan will win one or two games thanks to an individual brilliance but as a unit they can't get anywhere. There are a lot of promising batsmen in the deccan ranks but they just aren't clicking in tandem. As for this year's IPL they are done and dusted. Rest of the games are of just academic interest.

Agreed to most of the points highlighted above DC and other three teams... *** Most imp. is that they must play with utmost team-spirit and with self-motivations for the cause of their respective teams...it must never be like: ' A job was to be done, everybody thought that anybody can do it. Everybody thought that anybody could do it...finally nobody did it.' It was evident in some of the matches played by DC, RC, KKR and MI. They need to seriously put their heads down and do some serious rehab. and planning...for the remaining matches and in future.

One would have expected a team with Symonds' date=' Gilchrist, Sharma, and Afridi to do better but their batting just didn't click at all in unison, not to mention their pathetic bowling.[/quote'] I thought DC will make it to Finals (at the beginning of IPL). What a pathetic performance!

I would again emphasize the fact that has done this much big damage: ' A job was to be done, everybody thought that anybody can do it. Everybody thought that anybody could do it...finally nobody did it.' it fits in all contexts with the DCs. Now, next is...two minnows to meaw tomorrow: 32nd match: Deccan Chargers v Kolkata Knight Riders at Hyderabad (Decc) - May 11, 2008 Match scheduled to begin at 16:00 local time (10:30 GMT)

i guess all the charge might have been expired by now. or they might have changed loyalities. the only charger fans right now are a few pakistanis who are still hoping afridi will hit a magical 35 ball century. Unfortunately, he got raped so badly in this tourno, they bandaged him and asked him to warm benches.

i guess all the charge might have been expired by now. or they might have changed loyalities. the only charger fans right now are a few pakistanis who are still hoping afridi will hit a magical 35 ball century. Unfortunately, he got raped so badly in this tourno, they bandaged him and asked him to warm benches.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: