IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

Do you guys make changes after every game? Is that a good strategy?
yes it a killer strategy and i learnt it the hard way last year... At all times make sure that you have 8 out of 8 players that are playing in any match. I mean if Delhi and Bangalore are playing ensure that during that match you have 4 players each from delihi and bangalore. This year Varun bhai has been kind enough to reduce the substitution penaly to 10 which makes it very easy. Also last year we were allowed to have 20 players in our team (4 from each IPL team). That way it was possible to keep some buffer players. But this time, in order to load your team with the 16 players that are playing on a given day, you need to shed 16 players who are not playing on the given day. But with penalty being 10 per player, its not a big deal. So go ahead and change the composition of your team every day. And if possible make changes beteween g ames during a double header day... if you have the luxury of time. My strategy is to work out possible Ins and Outs before a match. But I dont do my chnges in the system right away. Instead I wait to get all the news possible, consider the toss, whose batting first, whose batting next etc a nd then make changes. Most of the time I'll go with the original changes i planned, but there could be last minute changes that u should be ready for Eg: Jesse Ryder getting dropped yesterday and Albie morkel's kit not arriving on the opening day. If your are smart and alert to these dynamics, you can ensure that you have 8 players of ur team playing every match thereby increasin the chances of scioring high every match. There is also a drawback here due to the way the system is functioning. During the Delhi / Punjab game, I brought in 4 punjab players and only 2 delhi players. I wanted to decide on the remaining 2 players after toos, as i was not sure whether they will play Maharoof or Vettori. But since the match was delayed due to rain, the system closed promptly at 4pm and I couldn't bring in Vettori who went on to have a great impact on the match. You need to be aware of this glitch. Also the Delhi match went on till 7.45 and there was just 15 mins before the system closes again (although the match itself started a long time after 8). So I was practically going crazy as I dint have anyone from KKR or DC at that time. Thanks to admins, we were able tyo make changes in a small time window. So you need to be aware of these constraints while planning to make changes at the last moment. Wish you all the best...

din, :isalute: to your passion regarding SS IPL But i guess this strategy has its share of cons tooo... 1. Rained Out matches 2. If two sets of four players perform badly (ie Negatives) in two consecutive matches, would prove to be Fatal 3. If this would be our strategy throughout the Tourney, we would have to concede 4000 points to substitutions average (Consecutive games not taken into consideration) This hit would be reasonable considering whats to be gained

yes it is a killer good strategy and i learnt it the hard way last year... At all times make sure that you have 8 out of 8 players that are playing in any match. I mean if Delhi and Bangalore are playing ensure that during that match you have 4 players each from delihi and bangalore. This year Varun bhai has been kind enough to reduce the substitution penaly to 10 which makes it very easy. Also last year we were allowed to have 20 players in our team (4 from each IPL team). That way it was possible to keep some buffer players. But this time, in order to load your team with the 16 players that are playing on a given day, you need to shed 16 players who are not playing on the given day. But with penalty being 10 per player, its not a big deal. So go ahead and change the composition of your team every day. And if possible make changes beteween g ames during a double header day... if you have the luxury of time. My strategy is to work out possible Ins and Outs before a match. But I dont do my chnges in the system right away. Instead I wait to get all the news possible, consider the toss, whose batting first, whose batting next etc a nd then make changes. Most of the time I'll go with the original changes i planned, but there could be last minute changes that u should be ready for Eg: Jesse Ryder getting dropped yesterday and Albie morkel's kit not arriving on the opening day. If your are smart and alert to these dynamics, you can ensure that you have 8 players of ur team playing every match thereby increasin the chances of scioring high every match. There is also a drawback here due to the way the system is functioning. During the Delhi / Punjab game, I brought in 4 punjab players and only 2 delhi players. I wanted to decide on the remaining 2 players after toos, as i was not sure whether they will play Maharoof or Vettori. But since the match was delayed due to rain, the system closed promptly at 4pm and I couldn't bring in Vettori who went on to have a great impact on the match. You need to be aware of this glitch. Also the Delhi match went on till 7.45 and there was just 15 mins before the system closes again (although the match itself started a long time after 8). So I was practically going crazy as I dint have anyone from KKR or DC at that time. Thanks to admins, we were able tyo make changes in a small time window. So you need to be aware of these constraints while planning to make changes at the last moment. Wish you all the best...
Interesting. Thanks for that! :two_thumbs_up:

Varun or anyone else who can help The finish of the first match is going to be delayed. Please ensure that there is a window available before the second match. Thanks to Ganguly, I climbed from 190 to 131 in the first 10 overs. That will all be gone if there is no window for substitution before the second game:nervous:

The finish of the first match is going to be delayed. Please ensure that there is a window available before the second match. Thanks to Ganguly, I climbed from 190 to 131 in the first 10 overs. That will all be gone if there is no window for substitution before the second game:nervous:
Hmm.. i'll be going to sleep man.. When is the next match gonna start ?

You were screwed man...
Well yeah, I really got screwed. However, I guess others have screwed up too. Ranked at number 3 currently I am cursing the devils for not playing the Daredevils and KIngs XI Punjab. I had literally 0 players from both the teams together when the match was going on.

din, :isalute: to your passion regarding SS IPL But i guess this strategy has its share of cons tooo... 1. Rained Out matches 2. If two sets of four players perform badly (ie Negatives) in two consecutive matches, would prove to be Fatal 3. If this would be our strategy throughout the Tourney, we would have to concede 4000 points to substitutions average (Consecutive games not taken into consideration) This hit would be reasonable considering whats to be gained
Using my strategy, i lose max. 80 points at the begining of a match and i may on an average score 400-450 points. It also depends on whom you chose... and a little bit of luck that ur player performs. If he scores atleast 20 points, then its worth making the change

Interesting. Thanks for that! :two_thumbs_up:
dinaakar, First of all how do you stay married doing all this??:--D Secondly this is exactly why I had mentioned earlier that substitution penalty being only 10 points makes it less interesting in terms of movement up an down the leaderboard. If I had a lead of 150 or so over everyone else I wud pick the top 7-8 players from both teams playing in every match to ensure I rake in the advantage from anyone who performs well in the match and ensure there is little chance of movement against me. Those who planned a longer term strategy are not going to do well this year. Next time the penalty points should definitely be higher to keep interest alive through later rounds too.

If most people agree we can increase the substitution penalty to 20 points half way into the tournament if people feel the current system is biased towards people making continuous substitutions. Personally, I think there is a risk element in both strategies and to jump up you will need to take a punt with a dark horse. For example not too many people would have picked Kumble or Ganguly but those who did would have jumped up a lot.

@karteek - you are doing good man.. you seem to haqve got the hang of it... Righth now everyone above me has literally chosen the same 8 that i hve chosen for this game. So there is no movement in places... Enna kodumai sir idhu???
I think ass and Gen are also choosing pretty much the same players as me. It would be really tough for me to get to the top unless they make some tactical mistakes. Also, the teams behind are pretty close as well. Fingers crossed and hope for a lot of luck.