Should sachin have played more cautiously??

I dont understand this Cautous approach .. Do you justw ant to him just leave and pad away each and every ball....... to make runs, you have to use your bat... all those classical straight drives, back foot punches came when he played his shots... I believe in "Playing the ball to its Merit"... he just hit the same ball for fours yesterday and today.. I seriously dont understand why is there this namecalling and negativity if some1 gets out driving or lofting a ball but its ok/fine getting caught at short leg,bat pad or lbw while defending....

I dont understand this Cautous approach .. Do you justw ant to him just leave and pad away each and every ball....... to make runs' date=' you have to use your bat... all those classical straight drives, back foot punches came when he played his shots... I believe in [b']"Playing the ball to its Merit"... he just hit the same ball for fours yesterday and today.. I seriously dont understand why is there this namecalling and negativity if some1 gets out driving or lofting a ball but its ok/fine getting caught at short leg,bat pad or lbw while defending....
Negativity yes, namecalling no. SRT needed to spend more time at the wicket ala Dravid and Gambhir. I think this young man showed the veterans how to spend time at the crease.
Negativity yes' date=' namecalling no. SRT needed to spend more time at the wicket ala Dravid and Gambhir. I think this young man showed the veterans how to spend time at the crease.[/quote'] Um, you're an idiot if you think Sachin didn't play well this match. He showed so much positivity and superb range of strokes. He played to entertain. And he batted nearly 1.5 sessions- and had a 97 run partnership with Gambhir.
Um' date=' you're an idiot if you think Sachin didn't play well this match. He showed so much positivity and superb range of strokes. He played to entertain. And he batted nearly 1.5 sessions- and had a 97 run partnership with Gambhir.[/quote'] Umm...namecalling, huh? I did not say SRT batted poorly, rather he was superb while he was at the center. However, in both innings he got out to shots he could have avoided. If Gambhir can dig in and play for 10+ hrs, SRT surely can. Now who's the idiot, me or you who did not even get what I was talking about.
Umm...namecalling, huh? I did not say SRT batted poorly, rather he was superb while he was at the center. However, in both innings he got out to shots he could have avoided. If Gambhir can dig in and play for 10+ hrs, SRT surely can. Now who's the idiot, me or you who did not even get what I was talking about.
No one is ever going to play strokes that don't have a certain element of risk. Sachin, when he's playing shots, will always try and play shots that he knows he can hit, and this time, it didn't work out. Same stuff with Sehwag. I didn't call you names - I was merely suggesting it would be idiotic had you thought that way :P .
He does it again in the second innings! Chasing a ball outside the off stump when it was needed to hunker down and spend time at the wicket. I guess this test match is gone!
I have a theory...the way he got out, it looked like he did it purposely. After assessing the batting conditions, he decided it was safe enough for the others to get a long bat and play themselves into form...so he got out and the others have played themselves into some sort of form. What do you think of my theory? :--D

Should Sachin have played more cautiously? . . . . . Should Sachin have solved the Israel-Palestinian crisis? Should Sachin put an end to the global financial problem? Should Sachin resolve global warming? . . . . Should Sachin have mediated in the fight last night between me and my wife?

Should Sachin have played more cautiously? . . . . . Should Sachin have solved the Israel-Palestinian crisis? Should Sachin put an end to the global financial problem? Should Sachin resolve global warming? . . . . Should Sachin have mediated in the fight last night between me and my wife?
:hysterical::hysterical:
What was the fight about?? :hmmm:
Your hope seems to start and end with Tendulkar it seems. Aren't there another 10 players that can do the job? Relax man' date=' Laxman is a terrific bat. Give some credit to the rest of the guys, they are very capable too.[/quote'] I'm quoting again, you guys are so obsessed with one man you pretty much degrade the rest. The likes of Laxman, Gambhir, Rahul, Sehwag and the rest are all match winners. Tendulkar is the best but to expect him to come up with big knocks every time, you are not only expecting heaps from him but are also expecting very less from the rest. Tendulkar made a decent contribution in this test match and I'm quite glad someone like Gambhir had such an outing. Going forward it is not Tendulkar or Dravid that will have to take India forward but the likes of Gambhir, Laxman and the likes.
Lapse in concentration definitely cost him his wicket today
Yes, 100 was on for SRT. But today seems to be a day for 'get set' and then 'get out' for India. Viru did the same. RD did all the hard work, and would have given it up after lunch going for a loose drive. Lucky it was no ball. SRT did the hard work, then played some glorious (wow shots), and then this lapse in concentration. Hope the remaining bunker down and play some big runs - we need to bat once and bat big on this pitch.

Holly Man... seriously Cut this... why didnt u make a thread when Gambhir got out playing defensively..he could easily have played that ball but he made that defensive mindset and was gone LBW... Sachin knew that this surface is good to play where an odd ball will swing here... so rather than playing tuk-tuk and made a sweet 62.. Dravid got out out on a no-ball where he just poked defensivly at that ball...