When will Atul Sharma debut? [Video is here]

flamy

a new story i got from another forum. Another gem this time not from the islamic hate website. I really hope Atul Sharma gets a go in the IPL. Had a coaching session with Ian Pont, his coach today, and he sung the praises of Sharma alot. The talk of him bowling 120mph was an exaggeration, but Ian told us he's been timed at 108mph in the nets. Apparently it was a full toss, which flew 5 tennis courts away, but it was 108mph. He can apparently bowl 94-96mph with accuracy, and his action is apparently superb. Sharma first worked with Ian 3 years ago, and was timed at 71mph, and was front on. He's now side on and seriously rapid. Ian also told us a story about Atul, that shows his detirmination to succeed. Atul got up and moved from Mumbai to the US, and waited tables for 6 months, barely spending a penny, just so he could get a months coaching from Ian. Real detirmination to succeed that! He also turns sideways for the final 12 yards of his run, and bowls very much like a javelin thrower. Really looking forward to being given a chance to see him bowl, really hope RR give him a go! Ian had a video clip on his laptop as well, but I didn't get to see it myself, one of the other lads did though, and he is apparently rapido. I've got no doubts that Atul's going to be as quick as Ian claims him to be. His speed gun is incredibly accurate, far more accurate than the TV Speed gun's, and I don't think Ian would just make up the figures, as he actually taught us a technique that Sharma's using in his bowling attack, and you can really feel it, and given that Atul's built like a body builder I have no doubts that he'll be able to beat Akhtar's fastest delivery.
Read further..Ian himself has posted on the site.

^^ Yeh Ian was not happy. The more I read Ian's comments the more I believe Atul will just about be able to hit 90 Flamy you need help man
I would rather he will hit around 97 - 98 at max i.e. ~ 155 ks , averaging around 147 - 148 maybe.

I would rather he will hit around 97 - 98 at max i.e. ~ 155 ks ' date=' averaging around 147 - 148 maybe.[/quote'] Yeah thats my feeling too..i can understand why Ian said that on ** and on CW..whilst Ian is sure of his hand release speed he isn't sure what that equates to in actual match as it depends on the calibration which can again vary from country to country(i think). But he certainly sounds confident of Atul crossing the 90 mph mark regularly. Another imporatnt reason being Atul has mostly been bowling in the nets where he doesn't need to worry that much about where the ball ends up..so that could again make him curn himself a little bit. To be fair to Pont though..he has not backtracked on any of his earlier claims..if we recollect when he first made that post about Atul 5 months ago he explicitly mentioned that he was referring to the "hand release speed".

^^ But his comments are not as confident as before' date=' now he talks about possible errors on the speed guns and stuff[/quote'] Where does he say that? Ian Pont clearly has measures only the hand release speeds in his camp..and has no idea how that equates to in the radars used in the games. The impression i got from reading his ** interview was that he was playing it safe..infact i think his exact words were "Setyn,Lee,Shoaib,Tait are the four bowlers who can bowl 95 mph or above atm..lets see if Atul will be able to do that." To me that doesn't sound like a who doesn't believe his ward can't do the above mentioned. But he certainly is playing it safe since he doesn't know how speed is measured on the field. And he has also said that he has a feel for speed and can roughly estimate by seeing a bowler what sort of speeds he is bowling at. But sometimes due to variation in calibration speeds vary a lot. He wouldn't create this interest if he didn't think Atul didn't belong in the 'express' bracket. Edit: Sachinism perhaps we at ICF got confused because we didn't pick up on the "hand release speed" part before the number 105 mph..and thereby neglected its significance. He obviously worded it that way for a reson when he first posted over here 5 months ago.

Where does he say that? Ian Pont clearly has measures only the hand release speeds in his camp..and has no idea how that equates to in the radars used in the games. The impression i got from reading his ** interview was that he was playing it safe..infact i think his exact words were "Setyn,Lee,Shoaib,Tait are the four bowlers who can bowl 95 mph or above atm..lets see if Atul will be able to do that." To me that doesn't sound like a who doesn't believe his ward can't do the above mentioned. But he certainly is playing it safe since he doesn't know how speed is measured on the field. And he has also said that he has a feel for speed and can roughly estimate by seeing a bowler what sort of speeds he is bowling at. But sometimes due to variation in calibration speeds vary a lot. He wouldn't create this interest if he didn't think Atul didn't belong in the 'express' bracket. Edit: Sachinism perhaps we at ICF got confused because we didn't pick up on the "hand release speed" part before the number 105 mph..and thereby neglected its significance. He obviously worded it that way for a reson when he first posted over here 5 months ago.
I think Ian is trying to play down the hype surrounded Atul and release speed is the actual speed measured in Internaltionl matches when the ball just releases from the hand in a split second after releasing. thats why Hawk eye shows the speed reduction from hand to the point when reaching the batsman. like if it comes of the hand at 105 miles it will reduce at 92-93 miles when reaches to the batsman, same with Brett lee if he releases it at 100 miles per hour it will slow down at 88 miles at the batsman end and hand release speed is the measured speed by speed gun.

Guest gaurav_indian

I would rather focus on bowlers like Kamran Khan,Rahil Sheikh and players like Pujara than this superhuman fantasy character Atul Sharma.:hmmm:

this is the cricinfo page on Atul sharma- Atul Sharma India Full name Atul Sanjeev Sharma Born May 1, 1989, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh Current age 19 years 350 days Major teams Rajasthan Royals, Uttar Pradesh Under-19s Batting style Right-hand bat Fielding position Wicketkeeper

this is the cricinfo page on Atul sharma- Atul Sharma India Full name Atul Sanjeev Sharma Born May 1, 1989, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh Current age 19 years 350 days Major teams Rajasthan Royals, Uttar Pradesh Under-19s Batting style Right-hand bat Fielding position Wicketkeeper
WTF is this? some one will pay dearly for that silly joke, if he turns out to be a wicket keeper.:yikes: