VVS Laxman

VVS has an unenviable place in the indian team. if he fails, the daggers are out. he is criticised way OTT. If he succeeds and saves the blushes, then it is almost taken for granted. he is such a selfless cricketer that he takes everything in his stride and goes on with out complaints. time and again he helps the team's cause, remember Perth last year, his effort was not recognised in the hoopla of Ishant's emergence. he deserves more respect.class player.

VVS has an unenviable place in the indian team. if he fails, the daggers are out. he is criticised way OTT. If he succeeds and saves the blushes, then it is almost taken for granted. he is such a selfless cricketer that he takes everything in his stride and goes on with out complaints. time and again he helps the team's cause, remember Perth last year, his effort was not recognised in the hoopla of Ishant's emergence. he deserves more respect.class player.
I think he gets more respect and appreciation then what you are claiming in your post

VVS is so underrated it's not even funny. Perpetually on the chopping block, the kind of batting he delivers despite under such pressure is inspiring and mesmeric. BTW the last time he scored a 100 in a match won by India was way back in 2005 against SL in Ahmd.

VVS is so underrated it's not even funny. Perpetually on the chopping block, the kind of batting he delivers despite under such pressure is inspiring and mesmeric. BTW the last time he scored a 100 in a match won by India was way back in 2005 against SL in Ahmd.
He is partly responsible for that. I still remember his cameos of 30-35 that ended in a dismissal from a bad shot. It happened too frequently.
and people were saying laxman is a "walking wicket" these days. laxman, is still making the runs but he always happens to go unnoticed i cant understand y dont people appreciate laxman efforts
Amit, please say it completely. An Australian fan said that Laxman is walking wicket for Australia. I still laugh when I remember that comment. :D
Amit' date=' please say it completely. An Australian fan said that Laxman is walking wicket for Australia. I still laugh when I remember that comment. :D[/quote'] it was an aussie who said that laxman is a walking wicket. even i cant stop laughing when laxman crosses 40-50 & i think of that comment

VVS is "The dependable". I have lost count how many times he has come up with an excellent knock when in need. This guy should be decorated with "The dependable" tag but as usual he goes unnoticed. He's the most under rated player in India and I can't believe how many times he's been dropped to make way for an extra bowler in the past.

Interesting stat...VVS scored his century with over 80% of his runs in boundaries...the highest percentage of runs in boundaries for a score above a hundred and up to 150...EVER. As for number of boundaries up to 150, here is the list...if you calculate the runs scored in boundaries over the total runs scored for this list i.e. the percentage of runs in boundaries, VVS tops the list in the innings he just played: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=150;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings In the 125 list, he tops the list bothways, number of boundaries and percentage: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=125;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings Man...that was quite an innings if you ask me. There have been so many great batsmen playing in all kinds of conditions and in all kinds of grounds...but VVS tops the lot. I don't have the stats for higher scores, but I think it is a safe bet that the higher scores will have a lower percentage of boundaries...which would mean that VVS probably has the record for the highest percentage of runs scored in boundaries for a score of a hundred or more ever in the history of test cricket!!! Veritably historic. What a player!

Here's the list up to 400, the highest test score...and I couldn't find any innings that had a percentage above 80% in boundaries, only VVS has it higher than 80%...but I was mentally calculating likely candidates and might have missed one, but I don't think so...have a look for yourself... http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=fours;qualmin1=20;qualval1=fours;runsmax1=400;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=batting;view=innings Geee...the guy may have the record...that innings might be the record...not sure, but it appears so...

I reckon' date=' over the past 8-10 years, in 2nd innings of Test matches, Laxman has been our go to man to save matches. I dont have any stats to back it up but I can remember several times where he saved us in 2nd innings[/quote'] Couple of instances I can remember are Perth 3rd inings and Joburg 3rd innings.
VVS is "The dependable". I have lost count how many times he has come up with an excellent knock when in need. This guy should be decorated with "The dependable" tag but as usual he goes unnoticed. He's the most under rated player in India and I can't believe how many times he's been dropped to make way for an extra bowler in the past.
He was dropped for Yuvraj Singh, too - a bigger sin.

How good is Laxman? just did a Statsguru analysis,he averages 54.38 in last year n 56.18 in last 2 years,n almost all these runs have been been either when there is pressure on him to hold his place or pressure on Ind team with regard to match situation. yet he doesnt get the praises.yes we mention him in Fab4,but he doesnt get praise on his own for his innings.