Dravid takes a shot at Viru - or is it Laxman?

Gambit

Guest gaurav_indian
tension between the players :hysterical: :hysterical:
Remember this is the same Rahul Dravid who supported Sehwag when he was out of form during chappell era.B->

Mountains from molehills, IMO. These men are professionals in every sense of the word, have been together in this team for a long time and are among those players who've been instrumental in really bonding the players together and bringing about a great culture of teamwork without seniority/regional issues (something that didn't exist say even 10/15-odd years ago). Don't think there's much to crib about here. (Besides, remember all the furore and whining over Dravid's declaration when SRT was on 194, and the amount of BS that sprang from it?)

Remember this is the same Rahul Dravid who supported Sehwag when he was out of form during chappell era.
whose in your avatar? :hysterical: Yes, there is nothing , fans have nothing better to do like the reporters :hysterical::hysterical:

Agree with Dravid here. Viru has played "responsible" innings like in the 2nd innings at Adelaide when he was really under the pump. Here he is the captain and his position is secure in the team, hence the complacency. Wake up Viru!!

Remember this is the same Rahul Dravid who supported Sehwag when he was out of form during chappell era.B->
Mountains from molehills, IMO. These men are professionals in every sense of the word, have been together in this team for a long time and are among those players who've been instrumental in really bonding the players together and bringing about a great culture of teamwork without seniority/regional issues (something that didn't exist say even 10/15-odd years ago). Don't think there's much to crib about here. (Besides, remember all the furore and whining over Dravid's declaration when SRT was on 194, and the amount of BS that sprang from it?)
Well said guys. Besides Sehwag takes criticism positively. Remember when Write slapped him? The story did not come out into media. If a slap could be resolved inside the dressing room, Sehwag is not going to make a furor over a remark.
Well said guys. Besides Sehwag takes criticism positively. Remember when Write slapped him? The story did not come out into media. If a slap could be resolved inside the dressing room, Sehwag is not going to make a furor over a remark.
I have heard about Zak holding Wright by the scruff of his collar when asked to complete some punishment running for coming late for practice. Never heard about Wright slapping Sehwag....., in fact Gavaskar mentioned some where that, he advised BCCI Head honchos ,it is time for replacement of Wright after hearing that he got challenged and abused by players very often towards the later stages of his stint.
So' date=' even Sehwag is an untouchable for these fans. He can talk like that because he has already walked the talk, winning matches single handedly (Colombo already forgotten?). So, he is like that only....[/quote'] Thats the point he neednt talk like that....
Wright SLAPPED Sehwag? :omg:
no he dint..he just caught his collar and asked him wat the hell is he doin in the dressing room, when he shd have stayed in the middle and got runs..this was to Sehwags attitude of not worrying abt his dismissal and just sharing a laugh right after he was dismissed..
This is where I disagree with you. Even in this situation , I would want Sehwag to play like Sehwag. 2 years ago I watched an England vs Sri Lanka test match where Sri Lanka went into the 2nd innings with a deficit of 100 odd ... Sanath came out and blasted the English attack and within 2 sessions the deficit turned into a lead. Yes there was every chance he could have played a silly shot and got out but the point is , he backed himself and ultimately he knew he had the players around him such as Jayawardene and Sanga to back him up if it didnt come off. Let me cast your mind back to last December, when we were chasing 387 to win in the fourth innings. If Sehwag hadnt played his natural game, I guarantee you India would have spent the final day battling for a draw. However, because Sehwag continued his attacking nature he put India in a winning position. Now, I understand where many of you are coming from and Sehwag most definitely failed in this match. However, the solution I believe is not to curb his natural attacking strokeplay. What Sehwag needs to fix up is shot selection ... ultimately he picked the wrong shot in each innings and thats what cost him. The solution - work on shot selection ... not become another Dravid, or Chopra.
Again, you are not talking about this situation. Its ok if he plays like a retarded twit when we are down by 100 runs. Its even ok if he plays like that when we are down by 300 runs but only if there ever was a chance of winning. Right after NZ got 600, we had almost no chance of winning the game on that pitch. We, had to score 600+ in 2 days, then get NZ out and chase down the remainder all in a single day. That has never happened in cricket and that happening is as probable as me banging aishwarya. Even during the miraculous Eden garden tests, Aus had only 445 in the 1st innings. And when we were following on, even if sehwag hits a 200 off 200 balls, we had minimum chance of winning the game. This situation was cut and dry. India had almost no chance of a win. But we could have easily lost it if it wasnt for Gambhir. What do you mean by attacking strokeplay? Everybody attacks when the ball is there to be hit. Dravid decides to leave a few good balls as well as few bad balls beofre he attacks. Sehwag tries to hit the few good balls too. Ofcourse shot selection is the problem.

He plays like that cause that is the only way he knows to play. He needs to learn to play some defense which isn't a bad thing really. It might come in handy when the team does want him to spend a few hours to waste time in a test match. But Mr 300 apparently thinks he is special, so no need to worry about defense shefense.