Dravid takes a shot at Viru - or is it Laxman?

Gambit

Again' date=' you are not talking about [b']this situation. Its ok if he plays like a retarded twit when we are down by 100 runs. Its even ok if he plays like that when we are down by 300 runs but only if there ever was a chance of winning. Right after NZ got 600, we had almost no chance of winning the game on that pitch. We, had to score 600+ in 2 days, then get NZ out and chase down the remainder all in a single day. That has never happened in cricket and that happening is as probable as me banging aishwarya. Even during the miraculous Eden garden tests, Aus had only 445 in the 1st innings. And when we were following on, even if sehwag hits a 200 off 200 balls, we had minimum chance of winning the game. This situation was cut and dry. India had almost no chance of a win. But we could have easily lost it if it wasnt for Gambhir. What do you mean by attacking strokeplay? Everybody attacks when the ball is there to be hit. Dravid decides to leave a few good balls as well as few bad balls beofre he attacks. Sehwag tries to hit the few good balls too. Ofcourse shot selection is the problem.
spot on :hatsoff:

"i play my natural game" is an excuse that a certain brainless goat shepherd uses. you know him by the name shahid afridi. Sehwag has dollups more talent than most other players and if he is unable to respect the spinner to permit the later the benefit of one over of observation, then he has only himself to blame.

I think Sehwag repaid Dravid's comments, by calling Gambhir the second wall of India. He didn't mention Dravid when commending who saved the test. Clearly, he is second to Gambhir, coming at #3 after disastrous dismissals of Sehwag and bailed out India in both the innings.
Yes, you are correct. RD plays about 420 Balls and Gambhir about 470 Balls. After getting out in the first innings, our other batsmen give RD time to refresh, just like a lunch break. So the statement Gambhir played for 11 Odd hours and saved the match won't agreed my many
RD was always jealous of SRT.
Is it? SRT not jealous of RD? RD is the only player who has excellent avg. on overseas pitches. What about SRT in his initial career and Vinod Kambli. I couldn't forget that Kambli is out of playing 11 for a whole series when SRT is Captain. What about Praveen Amre? He scored century after century whenever he got his chance. The fact is that all these guys are jealous about each other, thats why we can't success in the past, though they are great as individual players.
Is it? SRT not jealous of RD? RD is the only player who has excellent avg. on overseas pitches. What about SRT in his initial career and Vinod Kambli. I couldn't forget that Kambli is out of playing 11 for a whole series when SRT is Captain. What about Praveen Amre? He scored century after century whenever he got his chance. The fact is that all these guys are jealous about each other, thats why we can't success in the past, though they are great as individual players.
Amre scored 1 hundred in his career of 11 test matches. he never scored a hundred in one dayers, averaging 20 odd. Gavaskar famously once commented, "Amre is good ......... for 20 runs". when u recover consciousness come back and tell me why should sachin be jealous of a player like Amre! u must be kidding or u must be a kid.ur choice. As far as Kambli is considered, SRT has been compared with so many batsmen, right from Azhar-Manjrekar-Ganguly-Dravid-Laxman-Sehwag-yuvraj apart from Anwar-Inzy-Hick-waughs-Lara-Kallis-GSmith-ponting-pieterson to Bradman! so, dont misunderstand 'competitiveness' as Jealousy. Kambli and SRT are good friends and Kambli owes a lot to SRT for supporting him thru thick and thin.so, relax.

Oh Yeah, Gavaskar said Nohit Sharma (and other ex. cricketers) has "terrific" talent. I don't know what that talent is. Amre's avg. is 42.50 after playing 11 test matches (I don't think, He got an extended run). Obviously, It is good avg. compared to Yuvi and Nohit. Kambli is the only not out player (until game stopped by officials) at the world cup semis @ kolkatta. But from the next series he has gone. If you accept RD is jealous of SRT, then you have to accept SRT is jealous of other players. By the way, these things are in their earlier career period, and now they become gentlemen.

Oh Yeah' date=' Gavaskar said Nohit Sharma (and other ex. cricketers) has "terrific" talent.[/quote'] Gavaskar was right. Rohit is a special talent...his shots were special during the CB series and IPL, but now he is wasting his talent and the opportunities, perhaps a season or two @ domestics will help him come back. He is a class act, make no mistake about it
Yes, you are correct. RD plays about 420 Balls and Gambhir about 470 Balls. After getting out in the first innings, our other batsmen give RD time to refresh, just like a lunch break. So the statement Gambhir played for 11 Odd hours and saved the match won't agreed my many Is it? SRT not jealous of RD? RD is the only player who has excellent avg. on overseas pitches. What about SRT in his initial career and Vinod Kambli. I couldn't forget that Kambli is out of playing 11 for a whole series when SRT is Captain. What about Praveen Amre? He scored century after century whenever he got his chance. The fact is that all these guys are jealous about each other, thats why we can't success in the past, though they are great as individual players.
Please Read the Sachin's Biography ,by Vaibnav ,espcially about the declaration when sachin was batting at 194*.

i dont know whats the fuss? RD just said that playing ur natural game is not enuf.u gotta adapt.it cannot be aimed at Sehwag coz he WAS NOT playing his natural game. a natural Sehwag doesnt slog in tests.he would have blocked or played a proper shot to that ball

Please Read the Sachin's Biography ' date='by Vaibnav ,espcially about the declaration when sachin was batting at 194*.[/quote'] A biography is not an auto-biography. Cricinfo writes a 1000 articles that can be made into a biography. It doesn't make it true. Besides, you should read Dravid's biography and he explans how much he respects Tendulkar.

Finally this guy says something from heart as politically incorrect as it may be I like people talking from their heart.. Flip side: no nobel peace prize for Dravid anymore. Sehwag make himself look like fool for sure. Nobody questioned his policy of see the balla dn hit the ball but in last test he forgot the see part on both occasions even before bowler delivered the ball he had decided which shot to play so he was not following is own policy of seeing the ball.. go ahead hit it who wants you to play defensive stroke but for pete's sake aggressive stroke should be in congreuence with line length of the ball

Finally this guy says something from heart as politically incorrect as it may be I like people talking from their heart.. Flip side: no nobel peace prize for Dravid anymore. Sehwag make himself look like fool for sure. Nobody questioned his policy of see the balla dn hit the ball but in last test he forgot the see part on both occasions even before bowler delivered the ball he had decided which shot to play so he was not following is own policy of seeing the ball.. go ahead hit it who wants you to play defensive stroke but for pete's sake aggressive stroke should be in congreuence with line length of the ball
in other words, shot selection.

This thread is a dumb one. Rahul Dravid fought for Sehwag's selection into the team so many times, and has showered so many praises because he was his partner in the 254 at Pakistan and the 319 a year ago in Chennai. Plus Dravid is too nice a guy and too shy a guy to make any controversial statement. He was probably asked by the idiotic reporters about his natural game, and he probably was a little irritated because they were indirectly questioning why he was playing so slow.

A biography is not an auto-biography. Cricinfo writes a 1000 articles that can be made into a biography. It doesn't make it true. Besides' date=' you should read Dravid's biography and he explans how much he respects Tendulkar.[/quote'] Respect and jealous can go together.