Who among these are the best suited vice captains ?

Def. Zaheer. He's already the leader of the bowling attack, always at mid on/off giving tips and cheering the bowlers. He's experienced, fiery, and knows his cricket. He helps dhoni a lot with the field settings and all that. Or, we could give VCing back to one of the seniors - Sachin, Dravid, or Laxman.

Have to partially agree with amits here- Gambhir needs to start getting serious looks as potential future captain For that reason maybe Gambhir- if senority is an issue then maybe Yuvi for now Sehwag should be kept as far away from leadership roles as possible Vice captaincy role may be overrated but it is symbolic of who the management is considering in succession planning

lol, i don't see why everyone's on Sehwag's balls. I mean, it's a test match, and Dhoni can easily shuttle in suggestions in between overs (or at the very least, during drinks breaks and such). People were b******* about the nightwatchman....well hello, Dhoni was there. He was prolly involved a lot in making that decision. It's just that the pitch was sh** poor, and less said about our fielding the better. It's not like Dhoni would've made those catches go in or something.

gambhir or zaheer. zaheer gets to set fields sometimes when the fast bowlers bowl
ok i got ur point regarding zak but u didnt justify ur choice regarding gambhir....yes he is in form but that doesnt mean that hes an able vice captain and can handle situations perfectly....justify your point @MIt$ :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: