Mumbai Indians pacer Rahil Shaikh

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Pollock, Rhodes tips helped me: Rahil Shaikh

Mumbai: Rookie first class cricketer Rahil Shaikh has returned a better bowler and fielder after a three-week training stint under South African greats Shaun Pollock and Jonty Rhodes last month. "I feel my bowling has improved by 60 to 70 per cent (following the stint under Mumbai Indians chief mentor Pollock) and my fielding has gone up by 80 per cent (after being put through the paces by MI's fielding coach Rhodes)," said the MI left arm bowler here Wednesday. Shaikh, who made his Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai last season and went on to play three matches for the eventual champions and took ten wickets, was among ten young cricketers who underwent a 22-day stint in Durban under the tutelage of Pollock and Rhodes. Shaikh, who was literally plucked from street and maidan cricket and inducted into the Mumbai Ranji squad, praised Pollock for having given him invaluable tips on how to disguise his slower ones and bowl effective yorkers. "I used to bowl slower ones earlier which were easily read by the batsmen. Pollock, during my 15 sessions with him, taught me how to disguise them. "He also taught me yorkers, stressed the importance of bowling to a good length and how to use the crease differently while bowling to right and left handed batsmen," Shaikh said.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/pollock-rhodes-tips-helped-me-rahil-shaikh/39605-13.html

these are the very reasons i support IPL. how else can our domestic cricketers get such crucial exposure and guidance other than IPL. Hope every IPL franchisee utilises quality coaches and make their set of players very competitive and on par with international players in fielding especially and bowling . batting would take more time but neverthless the experience always helps these players. IPL is a good thing to happen for Indians. terrorists can only dream about it and play sour grapes, sour grapes with Afghan brothers!

these are the very reasons i support IPL. how else can our domestic cricketers get such crucial exposure and guidance other than IPL. Hope every IPL franchisee utilises quality coaches and make their set of players very competitive and on par with international players in fielding especially and bowling . batting would take more time but neverthless the experience always helps these players. IPL is a good thing to happen for Indians. terrorists can only dream about it and play sour grapes, sour grapes with Afghan brothers!
valid points there!

For these reasons alone, I love the IPL. Last year it was Manpreet Goni and another bowler from Andhra. This year, it is Rahil Shaikh. If these guys sat around and waited for their state boards to discover them, they would never make it. IPL - capitalism at its best!

Rahil Shaikh Just googled this chap and found this

Unlike most cricketers who start young, Rahil Shaikh of Young Mohamedan had only played tennis ball cricket till he turned 22. When Young Mohamedan picked him for the Kanga league, it turned out to be a dream debut. Bowling with the new ball, Rahil took a wicket with his second delivery and capped it with a five wicket haul. Rahil was fortunate to get a break immediately as his talent was noticed by the experts at the Cricket Star Series. The six foot, four inch pacer generates good speed and was clocked at 142kmph at the competition. After his fathers demise a few years ago, Rahil had to take up the job of a supervisor at the cleaning drive being carried out at the Mithi River. Fortunately, his uncles came to his rescue and realized his cricketing potential allowing him to focus on his cricket. Rahil Sheikh, who made his Ranji debut in late 2008 with Mumbai, put his talent out on display claiming four wickets as he ran through the Punjab batting lineup with a devastating spell.
rahil_shaikh_feature.png Any more info about this guy? Looking forward to see him bowl today

Just googled this chap and found this rahil_shaikh_feature.png Any more info about this guy? Looking forward to see him bowl today
I dont know much but rkt.india from ICF had written an article in my IPL website about him as one of the upcoming talents to look out. Just checked and my website was also on google with rahil sheikh :dance:

Not a good 1st ball lol
True! What is so great about this bowler that we should have watched? Has no pace and no movement either. How on earth will he ever trouble the batsmen? Admittedly this was his first over in a competitive game. But does he have anything more? I'm disappointed! PS: Sachin has his finger broken?:omg: When and how did it happen?

True! What is so great about this bowler that we should have watched? Has no pace and no movement either. How on earth will he ever trouble the batsmen? Admittedly this was his first over in a competitive game. But does he have anything more? I'm disappointed! PS: Sachin has his finger broken?:omg: When and how did it happen?
71hvCJshseM kuchh yaad aaya?

71hvCJshseM kuchh yaad aaya?
Yes. But he just had a cut. It wasn't broken. And even that incident happened more than a month back. You mean to say that he has played the entire IPL with a broken finger? PS: Sorry, this is off topic. But I wanted to know about it.