Buchanan is nothing special : Sunil Gavaskar ; SRK hits back at SMG

Feed

John Buchanan, the former Australia coach has certainly set the cat among the pigeons by his theory of multiple captains for Kolkata Knight Riders. During the time he was Aussie coach, he never enjoyed the kind of attention he does now, writes Sunil Gavaskar. More...

Guest gaurav_indian

Shahrukh Khan hits back at Gavaskar

Reacting to Sunil Gavaskar's harsh criticism of Kolkata Knight Riders' head coach John Buchanan's idea of having multiple captains during a match, team owner Shah Rukh Khan jumped to his rescue, asking the former Indian captain to stay away from his team's affairs. "I respect Mr Gavaskar - his knowledge about cricket is a billion times better than me," Shah Rukh told CNN-IBN. "But this is an era where Mr Gavaskar has not indulged in, nevertheless his knowledge about the game does allow him to make comments." The Bollywood superstar added, "This is a new format that's being tried out. Please give it some breathing space. I am the owner of the team, I bought it. If he wants to implement something then let him buy a team." In his column in Sunday's Hindustan Times, Gavaskar said that the Indian media gave undue importance to Buchanan, who he said is a failed first-class cricketer making a living telling international players to do what he couldn't do. "To comment on his multiple skipper theory is to give it the importance it doesn't deserve but what does require comment is how he has got his Queensland pals lucrative jobs with KKR," he wrote. "They have a very big support staff which includes his son and most of them are from Queensland. The owners - poor souls - have little idea that they are being milked." Buchanan's multi-captain theory - of having three or four captains in a single Twenty20 game, drew criticism from a majority of cricket pundits, as well as Kolkata's regular captain Sourav Ganguly, although Kumar Sangakkara and Ricky Ponting thought the idea was worth experimenting.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/knight-riders-owner-hits-back-at-gavaskar/39722-13.html

whats wrong in what gavaskar wrote.. SRg@y is a noob... and he will be one so.. and his team will never win the IPL... Buchanan is an overrated captain jus like how ponting is an overrated captain.. and buchanan is living by his sound bytes trying to milk every penny .. anyways i dont hava problem with that as long its SRg@y whos gonna suffer.. so more power to buch.. :two_thumbs_up:

Buchanan is nothing special : Sunil Gavaskar ; SRK hits back at SMG Sunny is correct. wicket keeper coach is not necessary at all. similarly Guchannan's son's appointment reeks of Nepotism. Shane Warne has ridiculed Buchannan and his 'tactics' many times, more freely after his retirement. But if SRK is so enamoured of his coach, let him spend his money. even if KKR reaches semi finals, it would be because of the players abilities and not necessarily due to the Coach's brilliant strategies!

whats wrong in what gavaskar wrote.. SRg@y is a noob... and he will be one so.. and his team will never win the IPL... Buchanan is an overrated captain jus like how ponting is an overrated captain.. and buchanan is living by his sound bytes trying to milk every penny .. anyways i dont hava problem with that as long its SRg@y whos gonna suffer.. so more power to buch.. :two_thumbs_up:
Its his team. He bought it. He appointed the coach. He's paying them. If someone who's totally unrelated to the team just starts criticizing for no reason whatsoever, he's got to defend, and he did that. So now, why is Shahrukh a noob ? I agree with the fact that there should only be 1 captain about then I've only been international matches and not league cricket - that too for this format. So unless Sunny or you or anyone else can come up with solid reasons as to why multiple-captain-theory will not work for the IPL, we can discuss it amongst ourselves but to call out on Buchanan is unprofessional.

SRK should try hiring six directors for his next film and see if splitting the direction work is a concept that takes well there. ****ing moron who should stay away from cricket and leave decision making to people who actually know a thing or two about the game.

Its his team. He bought it. He appointed the coach. He's paying them. If someone who's totally unrelated to the team just starts criticizing for no reason whatsoever' date=' he's got to defend, and he did that. So now, why is Shahrukh a noob ?[/quote'] Mashrafe Mortaza. US $600,000. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Well we know what they say about a fool and his money...

Mashrafe Mortaza. US $600,000. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Well we know what they say about a fool and his money...
Well, yeah. And the most ironic part was not buying Shakib-Al-Hasan. Noob stuff. But still, I feel he has to defend his team/his product. Lets see if they implement it. I don't even know how it would work.. so I can't comment on it. Its like taking turns being captain ? :-/

Guest Hiten.

Multiple captaincy idea was implemented just because Kolkatians don't feel that Dada is being left out or not getting the limelight. Had they said that Brendon would captain KKR from now on, Kolkata would have been burning atm (figuratively). Having said that, Gavaskar really needs to put a lid on his outbursts about Buchy "milking" the team owners. Its none of his business ..

Guest Hiten.
Mashrafe Mortaza. US $600,000. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Well we know what they say about a fool and his money...
Salil, he was hell bent in buying a bangladeshi "super star" so that the bengali's across the border feel more close to KKR. Many players have been overpaid in IPL and it is due to their hype. KP/Freddie do not deserve 1.35 million for a show that they will provide in about a week's time. :haha:

Salil' date=' he was hell bent in buying a bangladeshi "super star" so that the bengali's across the border feel more close to KKR. Many players have been overpaid in IPL and it is due to their hype. KP/Freddie do not deserve 1.35 million for a show that they will provide in about a week's time. :haha:[/quote'] i agree on kp/freddie not deserving thier auction fees but they are playing half the games though.