Ishant and Munaf

(relatively) Poor fielders: (not just catching, but outfielding, throws etc) * Ishant Sharma (actually he tries hard, sometimes kludgy though) * RP Singh * Amit Mishra (despite the fact he did one run out against England) * Yusuf Pathan ( expected much better) * Irfan Pathan (used to be much better, now average - not poor, his catching is good, throws to the keeper are avg) * who else? Munaf Patel not listed in the above list - he is SPECIAL!

Guest Hiten.
(relatively) Poor fielders: (not just catching, but outfielding, throws etc) * Ishant Sharma (actually he tries hard, sometimes kludgy though) * RP Singh * Amit Mishra (despite the fact he did one run out against England) * Yusuf Pathan ( expected much better) * Irfan Pathan (used to be much better, now average - not poor, his catching is good, throws to the keeper are avg) * who else? Munaf Patel not listed in the above list - he is SPECIAL!
Australia finey. He ran out your favorite Punter :winky:

Munaf can't field, that's about it. I don't know why Dhoni had him fielding at point at one time. The ball went past him and he didn't even have a clue the ball had gone past him. It's a shame to the likes of Jonty Rhodes and Ponting that Munaf fielded in the same fielding position as these two. :hysterical:

Munaf can't field' date=' that's about it. I don't know why Dhoni had him fielding at point at one time. The ball went past him and he didn't even have a clue the ball had gone past him. It's a shame to the likes of Jonty Rhodes and Ponting that Munaf fielded in the same fielding position as these two. :hysterical:[/quote'] That dropped catch was pathetic.....as if he was sleeping and someone woke him up suddenly. Made a complete mess of what should have been a regulation catch. What an idiot. Its understandable if you are not a good fielder....but the least you can do is to pay attention. Show the intent at least.
Guest gaurav_indian
Munaf can't field' date=' that's about it. I don't know why Dhoni had him fielding at point at one time. The ball went past him and he didn't even have a clue the ball had gone past him.[b'] It's a shame to the likes of Jonty Rhodes and Ponting that Munaf fielded in the same fielding position as these two. :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Its criminal to drop catches. Stop sleeping on the field guys. You lose matches if you drop catches. Please learn the lessons now and don't drop sitters that even a 5th grader can take.
How many times do we have to go over this again and again and again and again. This defenitely brings the ability of Robin Singh into question. What is he doing? When we all can see who is a good fielder and who is not, what is he doing to improve the fielding of some lame ass fielders in the squad? In the 2nd test -- we were so happy go lucky folks -- arrive on the day before and go shopping, wining and dining and next thing you know people like Yuvraj dropping catches like there is no tomorrow to it and find yourselves in a big hole. This lackadaisical apprach has been a killer of the winning instincts since 2000. It has to change. There is no easy moment when you are playing cricket. The only reason we won this series was because -- we were far more talented in batting -- that is all there to it. And only 2 out of the 4 bowlers did well. What if ZK was not fit ? This series would have been a goner. Out preparations lack seriousness and there no planning coming into a game.

Gambhir dropped a pretty simple chance at short leg as well. Granted NZ is not the easiest of places to take catches for a side not accustomed to the conditions in the ring or in the outfield, but close catching is something which is crucial in tests. More than anything the eventual retirement of Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar will leave a huge gap in close in catching of the Indian side and the rest of the world. I would rate Ganguly as a better test fielder than Yuvraj, who drops catches like hot potatoes. Kaif was also pretty terrible in the close catching department. With so many ODIs and T20 being played it seems none of our upcoming batsmen are accustomed to fielding in the slips or short leg for a long period of time and it is going to be a huge challenge for the newer guys to develop these skills. Good slip and close in catching is essential for the aspirations of any test side aiming to be number 1.

^Yes i am worried. Sehwag is good gully fielder, but who will field in slips incase Sachin, Dravid are injured. Yuvi does not have technique. Our next in line batsman, Badri is pretty good in slips, Rohit Sharma not sure about him, Pujara again is good close in fielder, not sure about Rahane

I think it's been 4 years since we won back to back tests or something. In 2005, we won 2 games against the lankans, and I think recently we beat the aussies in the 4th test and then england in the 1st test. Not the kind of performance you want if you want to be a champion side.

^Yes i am worried. Sehwag is good gully fielder, but who will field in slips incase Sachin, Dravid are injured. Yuvi does not have technique. Our next in line batsman, Badri is pretty good in slips, Rohit Sharma not sure about him, Pujara again is good close in fielder, not sure about Rahane
I think India should look beyond Badri and Rohit. To me both of them suck. Badri's attitude sucks and he has not done anything consistently to say the least. Well Rohit has been nothing but a big f'ing hype so far. And I dont like his attitude either. He is going Yuvrajs way. His physical fitness is something to ponder about. That dude is just 20 and has beome rotund like Ranatunga already. Both should be kicked out and asked to perform consistently -- just like Uthappa has been. Go back to the domestics and fix ur flaws. I do like Virat Kohli though. Him and Suresh Raina should be given a long look.

We need a top notch fielding coach - actually make it two fielding coaches - one for Indian team, and one for India-A or NCA to train the youngsters. Robin Singh is less than impressive. Ok, No one - not even Jonty Rhodes can get Daadaji Munaf Patel to stay awake and field, but Robin Singh should at least make the rest of them field decently. If MP cannot improve the fielding, dont have him in the ODIs or T20 squad please.

Gambhir dropped a pretty simple chance at short leg as well. Granted NZ is not the easiest of places to take catches for a side not accustomed to the conditions in the ring or in the outfield, but close catching is something which is crucial in tests. More than anything the eventual retirement of Dravid, Laxman and Tendulkar will leave a huge gap in close in catching of the Indian side and the rest of the world. I would rate Ganguly as a better test fielder than Yuvraj, who drops catches like hot potatoes. Kaif was also pretty terrible in the close catching department. With so many ODIs and T20 being played it seems none of our upcoming batsmen are accustomed to fielding in the slips or short leg for a long period of time and it is going to be a huge challenge for the newer guys to develop these skills. Good slip and close in catching is essential for the aspirations of any test side aiming to be number 1.
That catch wasn't simple, he made a good effort, but it wasn't easy
That catch wasn't simple' date=' he made a good effort, but it wasn't easy[/quote'] He made it look difficult because his weight was on his heels and then had to dive forward so late. A good short leg fielder like Chopra or Azhar would not have committed his body weight so early during play and would have easily taken the catch.