Kirsten And Dhoni Massive Fail

Guest Hiten.
iNdIa sUcKs HehEHehE
you swallow...hehehehe that beetch :P Thanks for opening those threads Dande....you should be Man of the Tour :winky:
SachDan' date=' [b']just because teams have not chased a target access of 500 does not mean teams in future or present will not. Sure it is not a norm but if batsmen really start applying themselves there are chances of team successfully chasing a target of 500+. India has recently started tasting series victories away from home and there is no need for us to show any flamboyancy when it comes to extending the margin of victory. Had MSD done the same in India, I am sure many of us including myself would have given him a bit of stick for not studying home conditions and understanding our bowlers abilities up to the mark.
It is surely bound to happen but you expect this NZ team to be the first to do so ?? :hysterical: Re.flamboyancy part..that applies well to this test than whole series. Series was India's from the end of day-3 here. As I write Game has been called off..****,**** :((

look guys, it was just bad luck, we had easily won it and rain spoilt it all for us. I know an early declaration would have been much better but seriously cut dhoni some slack, step into his shoes and you will understand. He just wanted to make sure that we don't lose. I agree he went overboard and he should have stopped at 500 because such a high score has never been chased in the history of test cricket, but don't forget, NZ had nothing to lose anyways as they had lost the series pretty much anyways, so they would have come all guns blazing (Ryder, McCullum) and WHO KNOWS, they could have gotten close maybe. Never in my wildest dreams had I thought that SA will chase 434, we would have won the England test after the Sehwag magic. I agree it is almost unrealistic and far fetched and that these risks can be taken, but its just that he wanted ti secure a series win in which I see absolutely NOTHING wrong.

Guest Hiten.
It is surely bound to happen but you expect this NZ team to be the first to do so ?? :hysterical: Re.flamboyancy part..that applies well to this test than whole series. Series was India's from the end of day-3 here. As I write Game has been called off..****,**** :((
Did you expect RSA to chase down 434 in Jo'burg or 400 odd in Aus ? Aren't they traditionally tagged as chokers ?
You can't bank on weather here. When you declared with less runs' date=' the way of the opposition batting changes. We were hoping for at least 110 overs but we can't do anything. There is no regret. We would have like to win 2 -0 but that's the way it goes[/quote'] They certainly had a plan and expected our bowlers to do the clean up job under 110 overs which infact was very close to perfect planning. NZ were 8 down in 94 overs and they would have been wiped out under 100 overs. Weather played a cruel game with us and we cannot complain about anything. Surely, 1-0 does not reflect the fact that we overpowered NZ on all the days of test cricket but it certainly means we have ripped off the history page that critics used to laugh at :winky:
Did you expect RSA to chase down 434 in Jo'burg or 400 odd in Aus ? Aren't they traditionally tagged as chokers ? They certainly had a plan and expected our bowlers to do the clean up job under 110 overs which infact was very close to perfect planning. NZ were 8 down in 94 overs and they would have been wiped out under 100 overs. Weather played a cruel game with us and we cannot complain about anything. Surely, 1-0 does not reflect the fact that we overpowered NZ on all the days of test cricket but it certainly means we have ripped off the history page that critics used to laugh at :winky:
precisely :two_thumbs_up:
BB' date=' You have a valid point and that is We are nowhere close to being a champion side :winky:[/quote'] dude, we are a champion side. I absolutely disagree with what you just said. Look at our recent performances and you will be amazed. Just because we delayed the declaration, it does not take away the champion status from us.

It wasn't a FAIL - but it was a "weather" thing. Agreed, that there was prediction of rain on fifth day before hand. But there was also prediction of the same on 4th day as well and it didn't rain then. IF there would not have been rain we would have won. Congratulations to Team India for sealing the series 1-0. :isalute:

Guest Hiten.
BB' date=' You have a valid point and that is We are nowhere close to being a champion side :winky:[/quote'] We certainly are a champion side but not a run away champion side like the old Aussie team who dominated an entire decade without giving any breathing space to their opponents. Need some time mamu, samjha kar

I must say this draw is a total anti-climax and has left a bitter aftertaste. Armed with hindsight, I can say we should've declared earlier. But, either way, a team that was molested in the first innings and ranked 8th.... we should have taken our chances. We weren't ruthless enough. But still, even now I'd be happy if our team follows the same strategy in SA and Aus and wins a series each. Then, we'd have taken care of the blemishes. Then we can work on creating a big gap between us and the rest.

For me a sad day today. It was almost like being back in the 60/70/80's when India would win one test and then go for boring draws for the rest of the series. Yes India won the test *series* but they could have easily won the test match as well. (Dhoni did exactly the same against England in the last test match where India went on to bat until lunch-time last day). Yes, I also know that India did not have the full two days to bowl out Nz but one would have guessed that after seeing the weather conditions. 550 at the end of 3rd day was more than enough - this is not Aus you are taking on and expecting them to score 500+ in the 4th innings of a test match. A big opportunity missed. He is certainly a defensive captain if he has won a test match early on. But, everyone will say look at his record etc but his record could have been almost perfect by winning this and the match against England. He has a chance to go down as a greatest Indian captain ever (he may well still do that) but this defensive approach does not suit him.