Warne ready to unleash the 'Tornado' Kamran Khan

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

New secret weapon up Warne's sleeve

Johannesburg: A 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado' will be let loose by defending champions Rajasthan Royals on their oppositions in the second edition of Indian Premier League on the bouncy South African pitches. Captain-coach Shane Warne has picked greenhorn pacer Kamran Khan, an 18-year-old lad from Azamgarh (Uttar Pradesh), and will nickname him a 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado' to specify his role in the team as has been a practice since last year. Kamran has not played first class cricket but was selected to the Royals team after he impressed Director of Coaching Dareen Berry in a Mumbai Twenty20 tournament. "We've got one young player who's going to be very interesting. We're tossing up now what his nickname is going to be -- 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado', something like that. Kamran Khan is a young kid, a left-armer, a slinger, he's a little guy but he bowls 140 plus," Warne told Sunday Times. "The most important thing is to let the players know what their role is, what they are expected to do. That's where we had an advantage last year. We gave everyone a role and nickname. Graeme Smith was 'Rock at the top'. He batted with Swapnil Asnodkar who was the 'Goa Cannon' -- go and hit them. "Another to look out for is Ravindra Jadeja. He played last year, did enough, now have a year of experience. There's Yusuf Pathan. He was dynamite last year, just destroys medium pace and spin bowling. He and Andrew Symonds are two of the cleanest hitters I've ever seen," he said. Warne rued the absence of Pakistani pacer Sohail Tanvir, the leading wicket-taker last year, but hopes all-rounder Shane Watson will be availble later in the tournament. "They're big losses. I think Shane misses the first nine games playing for Australia so he'll be available for last five and hopefully the finals. Sohail was sensational last year, taking early wickets and bowling at the end. It's hard to replace those guys," he said.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/new-secret-weapon-up-warnes-sleeve/39883-27.html

"We've got one young player who's going to be very interesting. We're tossing up now what his nickname is going to be -- 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado', something like that. Kamran Khan is a young kid, a left-armer, a slinger, he's a little guy but he bowls 140 plus," Warne told Sunday Times
Time to forget Atul ?? :nervous:

Ian said to whom? Did he say anything or give that damn interview to any reliable resource?
Dinakkar, relax. Atul Sharma is in the squad. u can check RR IPL 20-20 team list. his name is there. besides he was sitting next to Yusuf Pathan on team bench when RR played Cobras in SA in the practice match. I think RR is keeping Atul as a secret weapon.probably u would have seen his photograph and u can identify him in the team bench urself when they play their first match.one thing is for sure 100%0Atul sharma is real.what is not certain is whether he will play any matches. he may get his chances if RR does very well in the first phase and opens up a comfortable lead in points table. or if they do very badly, they may have to try every available bowler and he may get an opportunity! which ever way, ICF'ers are looking out for Atul and would be thrilled if he can bowl 3 deliveries of 150k+ in his spell in any over. that would probably set him apart from the rest of our seamers.the recent Ian Pont Interview posted with Gambit is genuine.

Dinakkar, relax. Atul Sharma is in the squad. u can check RR IPL 20-20 team list. his name is there. besides he was sitting next to Yusuf Pathan on team bench when RR played Cobras in SA in the practice match. I think RR is keeping Atul as a secret weapon.probably u would have seen his photograph and u can identify him in the team bench urself when they play their first match.one thing is for sure 100%0Atul sharma is real.what is not certain is whether he will play any matches. he may get his chances if RR does very well in the first phase and opens up a comfortable lead in points table. or if they do very badly, they may have to try every available bowler and he may get an opportunity! which ever way, ICF'ers are looking out for Atul and would be thrilled if he can bowl 3 deliveries of 150k+ in his spell in any over. that would probably set him apart from the rest of our seamers.the recent Ian Pont Interview posted with Gambit is genuine.
Atul Sharma is there without any doubt and I also believe Ian Pont on that But the big question that still remains is that is he as effective as speculated .. is he really the world's fastest bowler .. and if he is so fast then why has he been not exposed till now :sherlock: Kamran Khan was a good bowler as I saw the other day but why was Atul Sharma also not chosen for the Cobras match .. he needed match practise as he has never bowled in the international matches yet:nervous: And another important point is that is he really accurate and does he have a good swing .. lets hope we can see him in the IPL .. he might be a destructive bowler but nobody can comment on him till he actually bowls :icflove:

I think RR is keeping Atul as a secret weapon.probably u would have seen his photograph and u can identify him in the team bench urself when they play their first match.one thing is for sure 100%0Atul sharma is real.what is not certain is whether he will play any matches. he may get his chances if RR does very well in the first phase and opens up a comfortable lead in points table. or if they do very badly' date=' they may have to try every available bowler and he may get an opportunity![/quote'] I can't understand this talk of secret weapon. It is hard to believe that internet forums would know about him but professional coaches/player managers/scouts who have a stake in the IPL would not, especially nowadays when everybody tries to analyze videos of everybody else before playing against them!

Warne ready to unleash a 'Tornado' Nope Warne isn't referring to Atul Sharma but Kamran Khan. If Warne thinks he is good, he must be good. http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/FullcoverageStoryPage.aspx?sectionName=RSSFeed-Cricket&id=6353bdd3-782d-4571-915e-d19543a7e7cfIPL2_Special&Headline=Warne+ready+to+unleash+a+%27Tornado%27 Shane Warne is all set to unleash a fiery Indian teenage pacer Kamran Khan in the second edition of the Indian Premier League. The charismatic Rajasthan Royals skipper calls him 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado', and says the fast left-arm slinger is capable of hurling the ball at more than 140 kmph. The 18-year-old from Uttar Pradesh is the latest addition to the repertoire of the Australian spin magician who inspired a team sans star players to win the inaugural IPL. Warne can't but wait to see his new discovery Kamran mark his run-up in the first match against Bangalore Royal Challengers on Saturday. Kamran, who is yet to play first class cricket, passed Warne's litmus test in the friendly match against Cape Cobras as he bowled South African international Justin Ontong with a fast yorker. "Kamran Khan is a young kid, a left-armer, a slinger. He is going to be very interesting. We're tossing up now what his nickname is going to be -- 'Wild Thing' or 'Tornado', something like that. "He's a tiny little guy but he bowls 140 plus. He's very raw but he could be a bit of a bolter," said Warne. Royals' Director of Coaching Darren Berry saw Kamran in a Mumbai Twenty20 tournament and immediately picked him. Kamran bowled just one over in the Royals' losing warm-up game against the Cape Cobras on Saturday. He bowled a lethal yorker to knock off the stumps of Cobras captain Ontong. The only run he conceded was a wide and Warne knew what to expect of him. "The most important thing is to let the players know what their role is, what they are expected to do. That's where we had an advantage last year. We gave everyone a role." Warne said another player to look out for is Ravindra Jadeja. "He played last year, did enough, now have a year of experience. There's Yusuf Pathan. He was dynamite last year, just destroys medium pace and spin bowling. He and Andrew Symonds are two of the cleanest hitters I've ever seen," he said. Another Indian fast bowler Amit Singh from Gujarat, was also impressive against Cobras, taking three for 18 in four overs.

I can't understand this talk of secret weapon. It is hard to believe that internet forums would know about him but professional coaches/player managers/scouts who have a stake in the IPL would not' date= especially nowadays when everybody tries to analyze videos of everybody else before playing against them!
I agree .. :two_thumbs_up: .. meanwhile Kamran Khan is also a good prospect though I doubt his action a bit ..but the kid is only 18 without domestic experience yet his swing and speed is good .. hopefully he will be able to develop his skills soon Meanwhile my expectations for Atul Sharma has almost died down .. I do not see how nobody would notice the world's fastest bowler till now even when there are other big players playing in the team :hmmm: