Gambhir should captain Delhi Daredevils

amits

Bhai he is saying in each match interview that he wants to play the matches .. he is raring to go but Veeru is not picking him .. he has made himself available if you are asking about that
I havent seen the interview then, but dont be suprized guys, if isnt the McGrath of old

For all you Nannes fans who think he is doing his job perfectly well please check his stats in the last matches once again First match : Not even a single wicket and 24 runs in 3 overs and an economy of 8 RPO Second match: Not even a single wicket with 32 runs in 4 overs and an economy of 8 RPO Third match: 1 wicket with 24 runs in 4 overs and an economy of 6 RPO Fourth match : Not even a single wicket with 23 runs from 3.3 overs and an economy of 6.57 RPO So, bhailog he took only one wicket in 4 matches and has been expensive too .. all Nannes fans who like him over McGrath jaago and check the stats before neglecting McGrath
I'm not a Nannes fan and I DO advocate McGrath return asap but there is always a thought of not disturbing the winning combo, so you cannot call it BAD captaincy, it just not the best captaincy!

KKR and BRC have mailed due to their pathetic management .. Veenie Dildo and Mr. Batlivala pokes their fingers into cricket team's management without any reason .. so they are bound to face such problems .. I still think that Gayle would have been a better captain for KKR instead of McCullum as he is already captaining the West Indies side and is a terrific hitter himself .. Bhookha Naan has also been given too much power by Veenie Dildo and that is also one of the primary reasons for KKR's failure KP is not respected in his own country .. so do you think he will be respected in BRC.. and he went out on two ducks being a pathetic player .. so you do not expect BRC to do well Gilcrhist has always been regarded as a great players as well as a great human being ... ask anybody and they will tell you how humble Sachin, Gilly etc. are .. and he leads from the front with his power hitting which is always important for a captain to motivate his team .. Warne also leads from the front ... foreign players will work well as captains too if they are choosen properly .. I am sure of that
:haha: yeah - Baatlivala and Vinnie are both pathetic stud-bas (flip the words to get what i mean) and deserve to see their respective franchises go down the drain. But, that is the beauty of IPL - you are ACCOUNTABLE to someone! In IPL there is a feeling of fear after series of losses (because you are accountable to owners), in case of national match losses the feeling is of disappointment! I do hope that Gilchrist succeeds but I did not like his gesture of making the whole team wear black bands for ANZAC day ( he is the only playing Aussie/Kiwi). He is also a good captain ( won the India series for Australia) .Time will tell!

McGrath again left out by Veeru in today's game .. he is a fecking captain who cannot even select the proper playing 11 .. at least McGrath should have been tried now .. BS captain Rest hope he fires today and does not gift his wicket once again :mad:

gambhir should be given a chance to lead. he has led delhi to a ranji trophy win & even his own form was smashing as well. and gambhir has captained india a in the past. he can turn out to be a better captain than dhoni if given the chance to lead india. and he should captain delhi daredevils in place of sehwag

gambhir should be given a chance to lead. he has led delhi to a ranji trophy win & even his own form was smashing as well. and gambhir has captained india a in the past. he can turn out to be a better captain than dhoni if given the chance to lead india. and he should captain delhi daredevils in place of sehwag
Actually, if we look at the bigger picture there are many benefits to giving Gambhir the opportunity to lead. If we discover he can handle the responsibility of captaincy without it affecting his currently exceptional batting, it puts him into a position to be vice-captain of India. At the moment, Sehwag is and I agree with others that Sehwag should ideally be burden free when he is batting. Thats when he is most dangerous to the opposition. I would not want Yuvraj anywhere near the captaincy position any time soon. So if Gambhir proves to be a success as captain, given that he is in both sides, it would really help India in the future. Say we have a series where Dhoni is injured for the entire series, and someone else has to be captain. Its either Gambhir or Sehwag, because they are the only 2 experienced, but not too old, players that have cemented themselves in both the Test and ODI side (apart from say Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh, who I dont think would be suited to captaincy anyway).

i agree with bharat297. its better if gambhir becomes the vice-captain of india instead of sehwag/yuvraj. sehwag is too irresponsible to be a captain & yuvraj has attitude problems. gambhir, has none of the problems and is a better candidate for vice-captaincy than others. and gambhir has to captain delhi. he has never led captaincy affect his batting in the past

and gambhir proves me right :D not only does he lead delhi daredevils to a comfortable 9 wicket win, but he himself scores 71* as well & comes back roaring into form :D

and gambhir proves me right :D not only does he lead delhi daredevils to a comfortable 9 wicket win, but he himself scores 71* as well & comes back roaring into form :D
I agree. He should be captain :D It was great fun watching the CSK match :D

he didn't bat that well today... so don't go gaga at his batting.. and i am his biggest fan so don't yet out anything that i am being anti-gambhir etc.. I woiuld want Sehwag to continue the captaincy.. He is a Legend and his captaincy is Legendry.

he didn't bat that well today... so don't go gaga at his batting.. and i am his biggest fan so don't yet out anything that i am being anti-gambhir etc.. I woiuld want Sehwag to continue the captaincy.. He is a Legend and his captaincy is Legendry.
pls explain-how??

the next 6-7 games will give you the idea
I agree Gauti's innings was not excellent but only good as I mentioned in the match thread .. but Veeru has not been in the nick of things too recently .. Veeru has failed for a longer time than Gauti has .. Veeru lost his touch towards the end of the NZ tour while Gauti lost a bit only during the IPL Both of them should recover soon as the t20 WC would come soon ... Gauti's innings today might help him boost his confidence and hope Veeru fires when he comes in the next match .. hope that he learns from his mistakes and does not gift the wicket once again Regarding captaincy, Veeru is not a good captain and it is a truth .. his form also seems to become bad whenever he captains in a match ... whenever he is not captaining he hits the ball much better I dont know if the captains can be changed halfway through but he is not the ideal captain candidate for sure... somebody else must be groomed instead of him

I agree Gauti's innings was not excellent but only good as I mentioned in the match thread .. but Veeru has not been in the nick of things too recently .. Veeru has failed for a longer time than Gauti has .. Veeru lost his touch towards the end of the NZ tour while Gauti lost a bit only during the IPL Both of them should recover soon as the t20 WC would come soon ... Gauti's innings today might help him boost his confidence and hope Veeru fires when he comes in the next match .. hope that he learns from his mistakes and does not gift the wicket once again Regarding captaincy, Veeru is not a good captain and it is a truth .. his form also seems to become bad whenever he captains in a match ... whenever he is not captaining he hits the ball much better I dont know if the captains can be changed halfway through but he is not the ideal captain candidate for sure... somebody else must be groomed instead of him
rofl.gif