Dravid flies home on paternity leave

Kartikey

http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/story/401514.html The Bangalore Royal Challengers' struggling campaign has received another setback with Rahul Dravid returning home to be with his wife for the birth of their second child. Dravid is expected to be in India for a few days and it is still unclear when he will return to South Africa. Dravid has been the best batsman this season for Bangalore, leading the team charts with 144 runs at a strike-rate of 135.84. His absence leaves a hole Bangalore will struggle to fill as the squad is thin on proven Twenty20 domestic batting talent. His side have lost three of their four matches so far, and have a tough game against the in-form Delhi Daredevils on Sunday. Dravid had been expected to miss a part of the IPL on paternity leave, and it was one of the reasons franchise owner Vijay Mallya gave for replacing him with new recruit Kevin Pietersen as captain for the second season. hahah, BCR have been pawned. Ive got nothing against BCR's fans but I hate ur retard owner.

Ive got nothing against BCR's fans but I hate ur retard owner.
All of us h4te that fat b@sturd after what he did to RD last year, instead of recogninzing his credentials as the best batter in the Team, he stripped him of captaincy, however RD has answered his critics in the best possible way, hope the skip does return to save his sinking ship. :isalute:

Man, now, I don't really care about this team at all - well actually, another one of my favorite cricketers, Anil Kumble, and Virat Kohli are still playing. So I'll be hoping for them to do well. I know Kumble will do well because he can't bowl badly even if he tried (such is his expertise in limiting the runrate. Hopefully, Virat will score a lot of runs.

Won't make any difference whatsoever for BRC. Sure he has scored runs but despite that BRC is very capable of losing. One good batsman can make no difference to the team. When you have Kallis bowling his trundlers in every game there is no chance BRC are going to win games just because they have Rahul Dravid. Having Uthappa as a keeper and top order batsman is a sacrilege when you have someone like Boucher in the ranks. Either way this team for some reason can't win, doesn't matter whom they sign up. Our good old BRC is perennial losers.

i dont knw since last 2 games peterson keeps giving bowling to kallis which is one of the worst decision plus they dropped stayn and they keeping out jessi...so i think they dont have good team management and selection committee...

Regardless of how many runs Steyn goes for' date=' he is a must for Bangalore.. The kind of overs he bowls at the death is just unmatchable. He puts pressure on the oppostion during the death overs. You just can't drop such a good bowler.[/quote'] true - very true!