Have Veeru 'n Gauti lost their touch ?

ViruRulez

Veeru has been playing reckless shots all throughout the NZ series and is continuing the same in the IPL matches too. Gauti was impressive in NZ but has started to play reckless shots in the IPL. So, are they going through a bad phase or is it that the Indian opening pair have lost their touch. I do not notice them improving and learning from the mistakes of the previous games. Veeru has been quite pathetic in this regard and he almost gifted away his wicket in the first or second over of the match. Instead of playing a captain's knock for Delih Daredevils he is putting the whole team in pressure by gifting away his wicket within the first one or two overs. So, what do you think about the DD and Indian team openers? Are they going through a bad phase or are they becoming irresponsible nowadays.

they r waiting to explode in big matches
only 4 matches have take placed and only in 3 of them they got out..
compare AB to them .. he has been performing in each match It is not about getting out but the main problem is that they are not learning from their mistakes from previous games .. a good cricketer always learns from his previous mistakes and tries to rectify them .. but Veeru and Gauti has been repeating the same mistakes again and again.. that is the main concern

It's fine.. they are giving chances to ab and dilshan. Last year, AB was a big flop for us in IPL.
That is not my point .. why the hell will you throw away your wicket just to give chance ... that sounds insane .. if Veeru would have wanted to give them a chance then why did they not send those two as the openers .. that is a BS logic I am also a GG-Veeru supporter but it pains to see that they are not learning from their mistakes .. if they start playing like a newbie then it hurts .. they have got experience and should learn from their mistakes and not repeat them.. but why the feck are they repeating them again and again This holds especially for Veeru who has been gifting away his wicket in each match .. and such a reckless shot was not required from him in such a situation being a captain himself

Maybe they are just going through the motions' date=' since it is afterall a "tamasha", as people claim.[/quote'] But we cannot let Veeru turn into another Afridi ... he has a lot more class and should retain his class instead of playing reckless shots like Afridi

they play T20 very differently than the odis and so **** happens but i hope they keep improving from here.
hope they do so .. they have not improved till now in the four matches and if they play t20 in this reckless way then it would be even a bigger problem as they are our openers in the T20 WC too which is coming up

Veeru has lost his brain He just plays mindless slogs, with the WC round the corner, its pathetic from him, he should be taking this seriously
I think answer for all this wondering that ViruRulez has can be summed up in one word: Complacency This is something Sehwag goes through every once in a while, last time he was in one of these - he also lost form big time, and had to be dropped - that shook him up and he came back very well. Hope this time they don't need to resort to drastic things like dropping him, and he can shake himself out of this crappy mode that he is in. For GG - he did well in New Zealand, hope he recovers too.

i was about to open a thread on the same anyways they have been too complacent playing shots too early ideally, they should be dealing in singles and doubles for the first two overs and yes, we all know that's exactly not how sehwag goes about things thinks of slogging from ball one now, with the T20 wc cup, they must concentrate, focus on running between the wickets get their act together take some responsibility and seeing the form of other indian players barring rpsingh, rohit, rfan(to some extent), and the spinners, it seems the indian team is gearing up for a first round exit

i was about to open a thread on the same anyways they have been too complacent playing shots too early ideally, they should be dealing in singles and doubles for the first two overs and yes, we all know that's exactly not how sehwag goes about things thinks of slogging from ball one now, with the T20 wc cup, they must concentrate, focus on running between the wickets get their act together take some responsibility and seeing the form of other indian players barring rpsingh, rohit, rfan(to some extent), and the spinners, it seems the indian team is gearing up for a first round exit
Bangladesh is in our group? :embarassed:

Who cares whether they perform in IPL or not?They are saving it for T20 World Cup.
Ok .. so you are saying that AB De Villiers and Gibbs are not saving it for T20 WC by performing here .. dont underestimate the SA team .. BTW what a lame theory :yawn2: