BCCI Lifts ban on ICL players

Desi Cartman

BCCI lifts ban on ICL players | Players can return if they leave ICL' date=' says BCCI | ICL players will not be eligible to play for India for one year, they can play domestic cricket immediately[/quote'] Yes I saw that in the news ... maybe not that bad a step .. BCCI at first tried to dismantle ICL by offering an IPL team to them for ending the ICL .. now ICL did not accept the offer ... and so BCCI has allowed all ICL players to join domestic cricket (IPL is also domestic cricket and so the players might also get chance in IPL) .. thus ICL will automatically end as all players will move from ICL to IPL .. this is called Master Stroke :winky: .. Jai Ho BCCI

BCCI offers amnesty for ICL players BCCI offers amnesty for ICL players Cricinfo staff April 29, 2009 The BCCI has announced an "amnesty" to all Indian players associated with the ICL and said that they can return to official cricket if they cut all ties with the unofficial private league within May 31. The players who chose to return to the official fold will be eligible to play international cricket after a 'cooling period' of a year, but can play domestic cricket from June 1, when the ICC's new rules on official and unofficial cricket come into force. It's learnt that other national boards who have banned their ICL players from official cricket are expected to follow suit. The Indian board announced its decision after a meeting of its working committee in Mumbai. "The BCCI has taken a decision to grant amnesty to players who have been associated the ICL," Shashank Manohar, the BCCI president, said. "They have been given time till May 31 during which they need to sever all ties with the ICL and come back to the BCCI and inform the board. "We have taken a further decision on those players and the support staff of the ICL that they will not be able to play international cricket or given international assignments for a period of one year from the date they sever their allegiance with the ICL. "A lot of cricketers and support staff with the ICL met us and informed us that it was a mistake committed by them in joining the ICL and they want to return to the BCCI," Manohar said. "They will be allowed to play domestic cricket immediately. " More to follow © Cricinfo http://content.cricinfo.com/icl2008/content/current/story/402028.html

Smart move. they have pre empted Pakis with this cooling period. so Pakis can get their ICL guys back to domestic but have to think twice b4 choosing for national team. in same way, once most of the indian domestic players return back to BCCI fold, there is no way ICL can justify its existence in case they go for legal course of action too!

Guest gaurav_indian

^^ They have seen what IPL is all about.Some of those players will run into any team like R Satish for chennai and reddy for hyderabaad.

Man this is such a huge thing. Finally, more than Kapil Dev and the others, the players get an opportunity to come back. I really hope all these guys can start playing domestic matches immediately. Then, I hope Brian Lara is picked up by MI. :woot:

Man this is such a huge thing. Finally' date=' more than Kapil Dev and the others, the players get an opportunity to come back. I really hope all these guys can start playing domestic matches immediately. [b']Then, I hope Brian Lara is picked up by MI. :woot:
:woot: