Gentlemen: Ashes predictions here!

Gentlemen: Ashes predictions here!  

1. 1.

• Australia
    • England
    • Draw (Australia retains the urn)

Guest Gunner
This is interesting. I was talking to an English Partner in my office a few days ago and he had no hope of winning the ashes. That said the following are my feelings on this subject: The ashes this time around is late summer and early autumn which is going to make the weather and the pitches big time unpredictable. The probability of low scoring scraps are higher. And I think some of you guys give the aussie batting line up way too much credit - Hughes could be dangerous but no one has seen him bat in English conditions (challenge to the best of the best), Clarke could be Australia's best batsman and honestly Punter is woeful at the moment. So in this background, if the poms could grow a set (fairly quickly I might add) they just might do it. In Strauss, Bopara, KP and Collingwood they have the batting. And I just love freddie (in a totally non-homosexual way) the guy will cause some serious problems to the aussies, so will swann (he is better than people think) and oh bring back Harmison for the ashes - this will be the best move. I hate both of the teams so much, I wish that neither would win. However in the spirit of competitive sport, I give it 2-1 to Australia. Let a million English hearts (male) weep while I collect a million of their English roses.
Except for this, I fail.