IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

goose...how am I down -150k? I sold Punjab and RCB(meaning they won't make the semis). That hasn't happened yet so how am I down by that amount? And if they don't make the semis, I make money right? :dontknow:

goose...how am I down -150k? I sold Punjab and RCB(meaning they won't make the semis). That hasn't happened yet so how am I down by that amount? And if they don't make the semis' date=' I make money right? :dontknow:[/quote'] Gambit good question. Based on latest markets you are down -$185,000. Here's why... You sold RCB at 37 in $25k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price 46 so your profit and loss is (37 minus 46) times 25k = -$225k. You sold KPXI at 49 in $40k per point. To close that trade you'd have to buy at current price of 48 so your profit and loss is (49 minus 48) times 40k = +$40k. Add these two together and you have -$185k. -185k is just a measure of where you are valued right now given current markets - you haven't necessarily lost that money yet. Example - if you sold Satyam shares coz you thought they were going bust but the next day the share price actually went up your stockbroker would send you a statement saying you were down right? But your trades are still open and Satyam might still go bust and you could still clean up. Or you could lose your bottle and buy them back higher and guarantee a small loss...etc. If RCB and KPXI dont make the semis they will settle at 25 each and you'll make money. In the meantime the markets have moved against but they are only MY markets and I might have them wrong. So if you are convinced RCB are not making the semis then go ahead and sell some more at 42! Hope that helps. You are now responsible for explaining that to everyone on this site !

gooose, i was earlier -2000.. but if u add the current bet tht @60 @10k per pt.. shudnt i be -62000 instead of -60000?
zubinpepsi - read the calculations in my repsonse to Gambit above and apply that to your 4 outstanding trades. if you still can't agree with my numbers drop me a line here.

New betting market just added ! Check OP. HOW WILL THE CAPTAINS PERFORM IN THE KNOCK OUT STAGES? RUNS = 1PT WKTS = 10PTS CATCH = 10PTS STUMPING = 25PTS MARKET = 110-130 Fancy buying at 130? Or maybe you think i've gone too high...sell at 110?

PS. The people who are playing? who dont have money..how u gonna pay? its not fun just puttin any amt w.o having $$
you mean some players haven't accumulated enough $ICF during their forum stay to fund their losses here?

Hmm.. this has good potential for automation (an ICF Spread Betting Webpage)
Varun - there's massive potential ! Ideally players could do the following... 1) Pull up their own bet history, open bets, closed bets, profit and loss to date etc under their login. 2) Live executable markets allowing players to specify size per pt, buy or sell, with automated bet confirmation. 3) If you ever achieved the critical mass of player numbers you might do away with the market-maker and turn it into a betting exhange with peer to peer bids and offers. spread-betting takes some getting used to for the novice but the scope for user friendly value added experience is enormous. early days yet but happy to embrace your ideas/expertise for improvement !

Varun - there's massive potential ! Ideally players could do the following... 1) Pull up their own bet history, open bets, outstanding bets, profit and loss to date etc under their login. 2) Live executable markets allowing players to specify size per pt, buy or sell, with automated bet confirmation. 3) If you ever achieved the critical mass of player numbers you might do away with the market-maker and turn it into a betting exhange with peer to peer bids and offers. spread-betting takes some getting used to for the novice but the scope for user friendly value added experience is enormous. early days yet but happy to embrace your ideas/expertise for improvement !
Wow, good stuff there goose. Will see if I can work on this sometime in the near future.