IPL Spreadbet League - Closing Ceremony !

goose

Can u take me off the market? I don't understand this :dontknow:
You don't understand yet you went straight in with maximum bet size, not once but twice. You backed Mumbai just before they went off the boil and you bet against Deccan just before they strung some wins together. You can EITHER... Sell Mumbai in $100k per point and Buy Deccan in $100k per point at the current market prices thus realising the profit and loss currently shown next to your name. OR Never bet again and just hope Mumbai recover, and Deccan falter. My advice - stay calm, look at the fixture list, and work out if you'll get a better opportunity to exit your positions. Good luck.

Your Kings XI bet has been added - pls check bottom of OP for your bet history. BRC bet not added - the market is 27-30 so you would need to sell at 27 - would you still like to sell?
:doh: I read it incorrectly again. Yes, please Sell BRC @ 27 if possible @ 100k per point or the current sell price Sell KKR @ 25.1 at 100K per point

What's the point is selling BRC @ 26? Just to make 1 point? Also' date=' can you buy it back at 25 (with no spread) if they don't make the top 4?[/quote'] Some would say it's easy money. The fact that's there's still 1 point to be made indicates BRC can still mathematically qualify (or can they?) albeit unlikely. If they fail to qualify they 'settle' at 25 precisely and the bet profit & loss gets marked off 25. Until a market settles, all bets are marked on the opposing side of the market i.e. sales are marked at the higher price and vice versa.

You don't understand yet you went straight in with maximum bet size, not once but twice. You backed Mumbai just before they went off the boil and you bet against Deccan just before they strung some wins together. You can EITHER... Sell Mumbai in $100k per point and Buy Deccan in $100k per point at the current market prices thus realising the profit and loss currently shown next to your name. OR Never bet again and just hope Mumbai recover, and Deccan falter. My advice - stay calm, look at the fixture list, and work out if you'll get a better opportunity to exit your positions. Good luck.
Thanks dude, but I have no interest in this. I gotta pay you 3 mil. ?

Goose: Can we buy/sell from fellow ICFers...or do we have to deal with just you? (Sometimes the spreads might be too wide which I can understand is a pre-req for a market maker).
Bunny, good question. That is not currently allowed. If and when we get a critical mass of players with a good grasp of the spreadbet concept, peer-to-peer betting is something i might well explore. In the meantime, my spreads will be attractive e.g win index spreads will narrow as we progress through the games and also as we get more players on board.

All four bets added. Let's hope KKR don't qualify, for your sake ! The BET EXTRAVAGANZA is a bunch of betting markets i offer on each and every game. Example - how many wides you think there will be in this match? My market is 9-11. Think there's going to be more than 11? Just go ahead and buy 11 and state your size in per wide. If total wides comes in at 15 you make (15 minus 11) times your stake per wide. Of course you can sell at 9, and same principles apply. You would lose (9 minus 15 ) times your stake per wide. Same concept as win index. So go ahead and bet on wides, run-outs, fours, sixes, etc for the next game. Example - GOOSE I WANT TO BUY WIDES AT 11 IN $25K PER WIDE. Any questions drop me a line.
Okay,but about the win margin bet?it can be both runs n wickets