Who does ICF want to see ...

Re: Who does ICF want to see ...

viv was a disaster as the windies coach and too much of a too full of himself kind of star......
Welcome back Radhika. When you have Lara at the helm no coach, manager, selector can do a decent job. It doesn't matter who the coach will be or the captain, it is the players that are playing crap cricket. Few oldies must surely go. You don't want the experienced ones to go out there and think about being not out at the end of the day by picking singles. You need fire in the belly and take the bull by horns. I can think of atleast 4 of them that are a misfit in international cricket right now, not becuase of ability but because of attitude and short of confidence. No coach can fix this unfortunately. I ask if these players want to be coached at all? Do they even think they can be coached technically?

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... If Whatmore wants it, the job should go to him, no questions asked. He is the best candidate and who i consider to be one of the top two coaches in cricket. Otherwise, Sandeep Patil would be a good idea.

Re: Who does ICF want to see ... Read this again...

In all likelihood the tools will either; 1) give Chappell an extension and sack the seniors, or 2) bring in somebody like Patil. The latter is the more preferable option, but would the status quo ever change with him in charge ? Would our millionaire primadonnas be willing to take counsel with a nobody like him ? Bear in mind that Patil's last stint with the Indian cricket team in '96 ended within 2 weeks. There is a reason for that. He would do a magnificent job in moulding young, ambitious cricketers (like he did with Gambhir, Dhoni, SS Paul, etc. when no one had even heard about them) but in order for a manager to command the utmost respect and stamp his authority on the seniors of the side; he needs to have a reputation to fall back on. Can you imagine those arrogant pr1cks like Gangulaaaay, Zaheer Khan, etc. playing a certain way as per Patil's request ? I can't. If big-shot Chappell couldn't handle 'em, how will this guy fare any better. Niether have the experience of working with larger than life cricketing figures, and this is where Whatmore comes out trumps.
...and now get this;
http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulliestory.php?content_id=27082 Conspiracy that ousted Sandeep Patil Mumbai, March 30 : Even as the name of Sandeep Patil is doing the rounds to take over the Indian team?s reins as its interim coach from Greg Chappell, a former cricket board official revealed how several senior players had conspired to oust him as team coach eleven years ago. ?Several players, including four seniors from the present Indian team, wanted us to remove Patil as coach and we had no option but to appoint Madan Lal as the new coach overnight. It happened in 1996,? said the official, who did not wish to be identified about the incident. ?Patil, then went on to coach other teams and notably guided Kenya to the semi-finals of the last World Cup,? he said. The official named Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Sourav Ganguly and former cricketers Javagal Srinath, Ajay Jadeja and the then captain Mohammed Azharuddin as the players who had revolted against Patil. ?It was in the aftermath of the Navjyot Singh Sidhu walkout incident in England. After the tour the players met some top board officials and said they did not want Patil as coach any more,? he elaborated.
The article doesn't mention Kambli's dissent either, but i can assure you - that wasn't pretty. Vishwanath was a chief selector back then, and his effigies were burned in the streets of Mumbai after Kambli was "disciplined" at the behest of Patil. I told you - the seniors in the Indian cricket team are like a CANCER. Patil got screwed over by them before and i doubt that he would be willing to return as coach of India unless it's on HIS own terms.