For my money, Pak are favourites for T20 WC

Indian T20 team has done well recently ? Thats news to me.
Difference is, we always used T20's as practice/warm up matches to get used to the conditions (most of the recent ones we lost were either before the test or ODI series). That's the reason why we won ODI series but lost one lone T20 game. While Pak loses series but wins that lone T20 and thinks they won the WC. BIG Difference.
Guest Hiten.
Difference is, we always used T20's as practice/warm up matches to get used to the conditions (most of the recent ones we lost were either before the test or ODI series). That's the reason why we won ODI series but lost one lone T20 game. While Pak loses series but wins that lone T20 and thinks they won the WC. BIG Difference.
We lost two T20s when we toured NZ. India somehow produces their dullest game against the kiwis :((... 0-3
We lost two T20s when we toured NZ. India somehow produces their dullest game against the kiwis :((... 0-3
Irfan delivered home made pies in the last over. Indians were over-attacking in NZ. If only.. if only.. oram didn't take that catch that would have been 4th six in a row for Yousuf . rest would have been history!
Guest gaurav_indian
Irfan delivered home made pies in the last over. Indians were over-attacking in NZ. If only.. if only.. oram didn't take that catch that would have been 4th six in a row for Yousuf . rest would have been history!
Excuse me its cricket.And there are no ifs and buts in cricket. Coming to the OP you cant underestimate any team in T20.Even Sri Lanka,NZ and South Africa are favourites.Before laughing at the other teams you should look at their players carefully.NZ have got the batsman and bowlers to do the job.I hope our team is not overconfident just like few fans here.

I can understand fans wanting their team to win the cup etc but come on, give us a break, make some realistic predictions I know t20 is unpredictable, but if you're a good team, you're a good team irrespective of whether you play t20, ODI or test cricket. A team that adheres to the basics of good batting, bowling and fielding does well t20 is based purely on luck ? Oh really ? And luck is something you can go to the shop and buy ? If its luck, why do teams exert so much time and effort on coming up the plans, training regimes etc ? Why not send a bunch of has beens and hope they are lucky on the day ? One shoddy win on a dodgy pitch against a Z grade team and suddenly, we're favorites for the cup ? yea right. Pull the other leg while you're at it

Guest gaurav_indian
I can understand fans wanting their team to win the cup etc but come on, give us a break, make some realistic predictions I know t20 is unpredictable, but if you're a good team, you're a good team irrespective of whether you play t20, ODI or test cricket. A team that adheres to the basics of good batting, bowling and fielding does well t20 is based purely on luck ? Oh really ? And luck is something you can go to the shop and buy ? If its luck, why do teams exert so much time and effort on coming up the plans, training regimes etc ? Why not send a bunch of has beens and hope they are lucky on the day ? One shoddy win on a dodgy pitch against a Z grade team and suddenly, we're favorites for the cup ? yea right. Pull the other leg while you're at it
Was india favourites before the 2007 T20 WC?

ha ha ha No At no stage, were we the outright favorites, but as time went on, there was a sneaking suspicion that if India played their brand of aggressive, "no fear" cricket, as one commentator termed it, there was a chance that perhaps we could win My gripe is not so much with the prediction that India, Pakistan or anyone else could win. Its more to do with the fact that Misbah claiming Pakistan as the outright favorites. The no 1 t20 team in the world ? Oh please, winners don't choke under pressure, not once but twice, and I have a sneaking suspicion he might choke again

Guest gaurav_indian
ha ha ha No At no stage, were we the outright favorites, but as time went on, there was a sneaking suspicion that if India played their brand of aggressive, "no fear" cricket, as one commentator termed it, there was a chance that perhaps we could win My gripe is not so much with the prediction that India, Pakistan or anyone else could win. Its more to do with the fact that Misbah claiming Pakistan as the outright favorites. The no 1 t20 team in the world ? Oh please, winners don't choke under pressure, not once but twice, and I have a sneaking suspicion he might choke again
I wont be surprised if out of Sri Lanka and NZ win this T20 WC.But they will have to beat india in the final for that.:eyedance::eyedance:
Guest gaurav_indian
If India get truly outplayed by a better opposition, than I wouldn't mind it so much However, if the Indian team have brain farts, as they had when India played the t20 against N.Z. prior to the test or ODI series, than well, the loss starts to sting
:nervous::nervous:I am worried about the indian bowling. Ishant hardly takes wickets.But i hope in english conditions he will bowl well.RP Singh is in good form.Zaheer is injured.Pathan is a gamble.
Excuse me its cricket.And there are no ifs and buts in cricket. Coming to the OP you cant underestimate any team in T20.Even Sri Lanka,NZ and South Africa are favourites.Before laughing at the other teams you should look at their players carefully.NZ have got the batsman and bowlers to do the job.I hope our team is not overconfident just like few fans here.
Look mate. Strength against one team is not going to be strength against another team. For instance Afridi is strength of Pakistan against other teams. but not against India. When two teams match up how well strengths of each team cancel out other team's strength is going to be important. I would say NZ is still capable of beating India. But that doesn't mean India will be losing to other teams as well.
Guest gaurav_indian
Look mate. Strength against one team is not going to be strength against another team. For instance Afridi is strength of Pakistan against other teams. but not against India. When two teams match up how well strengths of each team cancel out other team's strength is going to be important. I would say NZ is still capable of beating India. But that doesn't mean India will be losing to other teams as well.
So according to your logic Bhajii,Zaheer and Ishant wont do well against the pakis?Check their record against them.
So according to your logic Bhajii' date='Zaheer and Ishant wont do well against the pakis?Check their record against them.[/quote'] Irfan did well lat time 4-0-16-3. Batting is never Pakistan's strength. you can bank on any bowler to be a difference against Pakistan. But for Pakistan they seriously bank on Afridi and Gul to make the difference.
Dark horse you might call them.. but favorites??? no way man..
spot on. they're OK. they might win, but its more likely they'll get knocked out in the super 8s or semis. i'd say india are favorites, though i'd be surprised if they won for the 2nd straight time.
quick q... they might be the pharvarights.. but do they have enuff sponsors to cover their asses for the trip to eng??? you know taliban wont support em now so am wondering..
They struggled to break even in dubai series. Yes they will have trouble finding a sponsor.
Chucfridi and gul? Both of them have horrible record against India in one dayers Umar Gul 11 matches 37.92 avge 5.64 economy Half-brainidi 61 matches 57.97 avge 5.07 economy Both of them have had thrashing at the hands of Indian batsmen. Most memorable is this one. 12.1 Umar Gul to Pathan, no run, short leg side delivery, Pathan plays and misses the ball 12.2 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, just short of a length, Pathan edges the ball 12.3 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, length ball outside off stump, Pathan smashes on the front-foot to cover point fence, smashing shot! 12.4 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, slower ball outside off stump, Pathan picks up the slower one and just lofts it over cover, great shot! 12.5 Umar Gul to Pathan, (no ball) FOUR, swinging down the leg stump, Pathan flicks it away wide of the short fine leg fielder, ball races away to the fence, poor bowling! 12.5 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, Four more! length ball and given width outside off stump, Pathan smashes through extra-cover, this is great bating and poor bowling form Gul 12.6 Umar Gul to Pathan, 1 run, line and length, Pathan drives it away, fielded by Younis Khan Great over for the Indians with 22 runs off the over, moisture losing out on the wicket and this will be a 350+ score
which match is this?