IPL Points Table - Road to the Semis

ludhianvi

If Punjab wins tonight BRC v DC will be a decider as to who will proceed irrespective of whether KKR wins or not. If CSK wins and KKR loses, Punjab will be tied with one of either BRC or DC on points. NRR will come in handy then for BRC or DC. If CSK and KKR both win then DD, CSK and KKR will be the top three teams. BRC and DC will then have to fight for the last spot. The biggest impact on the semi finalists is going to hinge on the result Punjab produces tonight. My bet, both KKR and Punjab will win. If not both at least RR is noted for their ability to win under pressure. Punjab is also capable of playing well under pressure. It will be interesting if Punjab and KKR win their respective games. Punjab will advance on the points while KKR will be tied with CSK on points. The Net run rate will then decide who will go through. Against in that scenario, BRC v DC will be a humdinger.
:whatchutalkingabout How?

Will Steyn play ahead of Boucher? I think they need him to counter Gilly. Chargers have formidable hitters. Boom or Bust Gibbs, Gilly, Rohit, Symonds, Dwayne smith it is a power packed line up. RP and Ojha have been nothing short of briilliance. But one thing i noticed today was the intensity of BRC players. Especially Van der merwe and Kallis. Both of them were pretty animated. Van der merwe looked like he was going to kill somebody. Good to see the competitiveness increases.

Will Steyn play ahead of Boucher? I think they need him to counter Gilly. Chargers have formidable hitters. Boom or Bust Gibbs' date=' Gilly, Rohit, Symonds, Dwayne smith it is a power packed line up. RP and Ojha have been nothing short of briilliance. But one thing i noticed today was the intensity of BRC players. Especially Van der merwe and Kallis. Both of them were pretty animated. Van der merwe looked like he was going to kill somebody. Good to see the competitiveness increases.[/quote'] I had the exact same suggestion...If you look at BRC's stats, Boucher has played only 12 balls per match as compared to Kallis's 25 and Ross Taylor's 22. He has also been not out 4 out of 8 times and he didnt get to bat against Mumbai. In all he hasnt been needed 50% of the times (although he has been wonderful whenever he came out to bat). So it'd be great if we can take a gamble and improve the bowling by adding Steyn who is sure to savei 2*4 = 8 runs (just based on his ER) and if he gets a couple of the Hyderabad biggies, then we'd have the match in our kitty...

I am a bijee purchan so I can't go through all this. So can someone post all the permutations for the semi-final contenders' date=' right now. :orderorder:[/quote'] CSK beats Punjab, Deccan is through. I guess thats what you were looking for?