Watching IPL leads to death: Father stabs son to death over TV watching

suraj

MUMBAI: A 24-year-old cricket fan would have never imagined that his insistence to watch Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket match would cost his life. A watchman has been arrested for allegedly stabbing his 24-year-old son to death at his residence in Gomes Chawl in suburban Andheri on Sunday night, police said. Meghnath Kamble, in a fit of rage, has stabbed his son Sandesh on right side of his chest with a knife at his one room residence following an argument broke out between them over television watching. "Sandesh, who was pursuing computer repairing course, was watching IPL match at his house when his father Meghnath arrived home at around 10.30pm yesterday, winding up his job," a senior police officer said. "Meghnath asked his son to switch off the television as he was tired and wanted to take some rest. But Sandesh refused to do so following which Meghnath shouted at him and warned him," the officer said. "Furious Meghnath went to the kitchen and returned with a knife. He then stabbed his son on his chest with the knife, injuring him seriously. When the incident occurred, the victim and the accused were present inside home," police said. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Dad-kills-son-over-watching-IPL-game/articleshow/4509465.cms

This has nothing do with IPL' date=' I guess he was irritated that his son would not "obey his orders" instantly. Really sad, and I hope they put the guy in prison for life.[/quote'] I was gonna post EXACTLY the same thing. This aint an IPL/Cricket issue. Its an issue of domestic violence.