Ishant Sharma - Overrated, Inconsistent?

zubinpepsi

yea i agree he had done well in shades.. but shudnt he b more inconsistent to b a good bowler.. look at his average .. tests are 34 and in ODIs 30.. hardly earth shattering.. infact our other less ordinary bowlers have around the same stats.. wats the use if he bowls 1 one over good n the rest garbage.. he seems to b off color if u look at his recent matches (i mean the intl matches).. and im afraid tht hes losing it.. and playing for a loser team like KKR doesnt help him.. so do u guys agree that he is gonna be a bad choice for T20WC?
i think we need one bowler like Ishant who is quick and can get wickets by beating batsmen for pace.we also have loads of good swing bowlers who can complement him well in England.

Ishant is still good but the fame has got a bit to him it seems.. he is not as dedicated and fast as he was when he got into the Indian team .. he has to be a bit dedicated and get his concentration back.. he is just a college guy still and maybe he is diverted by the fame and money.. he just needs to get his concentration back thats it

he is not over rated he has lost his way, his line and length is heading towards what was irfan pathan's when he lost his form sharma didn't used his potential to good effect while in nz, the conditions were ideal for a pacy bowler like him giving width, the batsmen will always use his pace he needs to get his line and length sorted, he needs to sit out of the squad for a series his strength was to bowl at the stumps, or just a stump or two outside the off seems to be bowling too wide

just 1 bad match for indias frontline fast bowler, and even that too a masala ipl match & the only 158 kph+ bowler to play for india & u start making fun of him:mad: and if it hadnt been for kkrs pathetic fielding, ishant sharma would have got more wickets than what he has

he is not over rated he has lost his way, his line and length is heading towards what was irfan pathan's when he lost his form sharma didn't used his potential to good effect while in nz, the conditions were ideal for a pacy bowler like him giving width, the batsmen will always use his pace he needs to get his line and length sorted, he needs to sit out of the squad for a series his strength was to bowl at the stumps, or just a stump or two outside the off seems to be bowling too wide
Regarding the above (sitting out of the squad for a series) - he should NOT sit out of any Test series. But, its a big mistake that a quality Test bowler with good potential is being wasted in T20 and ODIs. That's the sad part. If he can focus on the five day format, then he really can hone his skills and become a consistent fast bowler for us in Tests.

Guest Hiten.
Regarding the above (sitting out of the squad for a series) - he should NOT sit out of any Test series. But, its a big mistake that a quality Test bowler with good potential is being wasted in T20 and ODIs. That's the sad part. If he can focus on the five day format, then he really can hone his skills and become a consistent fast bowler for us in Tests.
How exactly is he being wasted in T20's and ODI's ? Are his current IPL + Indian team captain making him bowl bad line and length ? In today's cricketing world, it's all about versatility, just because IS is good bowler we cannot put him in a bunker when India plays ODI's, T20's or even when IPL season comes up. If you had any thinking ability without blaming IPL for everything, you would have thought that IS is strike bowler of the weakest team in IPL and his performance will be noted by everyone whereas his performance would be glanced only once when he plays for India (as we are playing best cricket atm). This might as well make IS responsible bowler...never mind. For you, IPL is all about cheerleaders and $$$ .. yet you follow it passionately. Hypocrite

....you would have thought that IS is strike bowler of the weakest team in IPL and his performance will be noted by everyone whereas his performance would be glanced only once when he plays for India (as we are playing best cricket atm). This might as well make IS responsible bowler...never mind.....
Eh? He was part of the India squad in NZ, and his below par performance in that series was discussed here. So, his showing whether it is part of Indian squad or IPL is noted by folks and talked about. Just because India is playing good cricket and we won the series, those who are following it, dont just glance over. In this very forum, Ishant was noted and talked about.

Guest Hiten.
Eh? He was part of the India squad in NZ, and his below par performance in that series was discussed here. So, his showing whether it is part of Indian squad or IPL is noted by folks and talked about. Just because India is playing good cricket and we won the series, those who are following it, dont just glance over. In this very forum, Ishant was noted and talked about.
Oh lord. Did the discussions involve dropping IS from future ODI's and T20's ? No it did not as the matter was mutually understood as IS being on a learning curve, blah blah... Now noting his performance for KKR, people have actually started doubting his ability in T20's and are hoping against hopes that IS is not included in our playing XI during T20 WC. Again, if you hate IPL so much why do you bother watching it at all ? If your answer it to "judge our local talent and how they fare in RSA" leave that to us....you don't need to turn towards this gimmickry from your purest of pure form of cricket.

Huh? All these dropped catches excuses made me feel like I was reading a different forum. From whatever matches I've seen, Ishant has bowled very ordinary stuff. His length has been all over the place and completely not in tune with the match situations. He has it in him to do much better even in the T20 format - there might be any number of reasons for his ordinary performance but to harp about dropped catches is utter tosh. But I don't see it as any reason to be alarmed about anything - he is still into his 2nd year of international cricket coming from an experience of a handful of FC matches. He is not going to develop into a finished product overnight. Those who have actually followed the evolution of fast bowlers over the years would understand. There is also another thread about Sreesanth trashing him after he went for some runs in a T20 - I wonder why Ishant defenders did not venture there. And he is the guy coming out of a stress fracture. Both are extremely talented bowlers and given the right amount of time and support are going to shine through. That however does not take away from the fact that Ishant has been very ordinary this IPL and no amount of posting cricinfo commentary snippets can negate that.

Nothing exta ordinary about Ishant Sharma in this edition of IPL. He's definitely one of the better better bowlers in this edition but it's a bit disappointing to see someone like him that had terrific variations such as slower ones, yorkers, boncers settle into a back of the length bowlers like Munaf Patel. That said there are not too many successful bowlers in this format of the game. The ones that are at the top of the table are players that have played over a decade of international cricket. Still Ishant Sharma is the 10th best bowlers that has taken 10 wickets at an average of 24 giving away 7 rpo. That isn't too bad really in Twenty20s. Nehra, RP Singh and Malinga are the only three seamers that have been better than Ishant Sharma in terms of average and RPO. If you term Dirk Nannes as success then Ishant needs to be commended for his efforts as well. Even Warne has given away 7.60 RPO at an average of 26. Now how many times have we seen Warne being praised in the last few days? Come test cricket, he's the first bowler in India you would pick. I hope people don't discount him as a test bowler going by his returns in IPL.

Ishant is keeping Laxmipathy Balaji out. When will Balaji get a chance to prove himself????? :hitler:
i said ishant was over rated the day i joined this forum and every started calling me a PAKI. NOW U ALL SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT??. the only 2 persons in indian cricket who maintained their pace were srinath and sreesanth. now look at what sreesanth has become because he was ignored so badly by the bcci. we had ONE bowler who had pace and we destroyed him. ishant sharma is another munaf in the making. Edited

i said ishant was over rated the day i joined this forum and every started calling me a PAKI. NOW U ALL SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT??. the only 2 persons in indian cricket who maintained their pace were srinath and sreesanth. now look at what sreesanth has become because he was ignored so badly by the bcci. we had ONE bowler who had pace and we destroyed him. ishant sharma is another munaf in the making. Edited
You mean maintained over 14 tests and getting injured for a year ? :hysterical::hysterical: Sree is an extremely talented bowler, but what the **** are you talking about here without any logic ? So if Sree is playing badly, thats the result of BCCI but if Ishant does that, thats because he is over rated ?

he is the ideal seamer for tests but, i still remeber his CB Series heroics he is not being wasted in T20s, just needs to find his rythm