5 finds of the tournament

karteekmvs

5 most interesting finds of IPL2 1. Bhookha Naan: Caught pants down. When the Australian team took off with some unbelievably good players under an excellent captain, a lot of idiots claimed credit. Bhookha was one of them. Now that a new and average team was handed to him, his abilities are fund out. Find no1. 2. SRK: Naam to suna hi hoga. He was not found in SA towards the later part as his team was found busy finding a place to hide. Neither the team nor SRK was found, but we found that finding anything (coach, captain, players or the identity of FIP) is not SRK's cup of tea. Find-Fail. 3. That CSK fielder (whats his name?) who was involved in that famous run out of Bravo that never happened. IPL is all about entertainment and I was never entertained more in another fielding attempt. He never found the ball, but he was found the fielder of the year.:adore: 4. The dog: That refused to leave the field. Investigations found that it had come looking for Sreesanth....since dogs have been chasing pussies for ages. Sreesanth was not found, but the dog was found to be of great value to Modi as it ensure more air time than in any other match. 5. FIP: What a find. Still not found out, but.....what a find.:adore:

5 most interesting finds of IPL2 1. Bhookha Naan: Caught pants down. When the Australian team took off with some unbelievably good players under an excellent captain, a lot of idiots claimed credit. Bhookha was one of them. Now that a new and average team was handed to him, his abilities are fund out. Find no1. 2. SRK: Naam to suna hi hoga. He was not found in SA towards the later part as his team was found busy finding a place to hide. Neither the team nor SRK was found, but we found that finding anything (coach, captain, players or the identity of FIP) is not SRK's cup of tea. Find-Fail. 3. That CSK fielder (whats his name?) who was involved in that famous run out of Bravo that never happened. IPL is all about entertainment and I was never entertained more in another fielding attempt. He never found the ball, but he was found the fielder of the year.:adore: 4. The dog: That refused to leave the field. Investigations found that it had come looking for Sreesanth....since dogs have been chasing pussies for ages. Sreesanth was not found, but the dog was found to be of great value to Modi as it ensure more air time than in any other match. 5. FIP: What a find. Still not found out, but.....what a find.:adore:
Nice ones Dom, that dog incident reminded me of one in Football, where once a squirrel entered the playing arena and and there was no sign of him leaving it until finally he got bored and left himself. Highbury, 2005/06 vs Villareal S/F _41578772_football_416.jpg o8lvHCymTxk

This maybe off-topic, but I really do think the Rajasthan Royals pulled a fast one of the rest of the team by playing TWO bowlers with suspect actions. And what has made it worse is that both of them turned in MoM winning performances. How unfair is that? This comparison may sound extreme, but that’s literally like playing two drug-boosted players like Shoaib and Asif. And especially given whats at stake (Big money, reputation of the owners, player prestige), it just seems odd that a team can play players with suspect bowling actions and just get away with it. Did the Royals play both of them despite already knowing that there could be questions marks over their action? We don’t know, but surely just watching these guys, there must have been some reservations. For that matter, I think Siddharth Trivedi also isn’t clean.

I still believe the run out that never happened was the historic moment not only of IPL but of cricket as a whole .. I have not seen a more pathetic fielding and runout opportunity in my life .. hats off to the great legends who missed that fielding and run out with almost three chances in the same ball :adore:

Nice ones Dom, that dog incident reminded me of one in Football, where once a squirrel entered the playing arena and and there was no sign of him leaving it until finally he got bored and left himself. Highbury, 2005/06 vs Villareal S/F
Squirrel > Gunners

I still believe the run out that never happened was the historic moment not only of IPL but of cricket as a whole .. I have not seen a more pathetic fielding and runout opportunity in my life .. hats off to the great legends who missed that fielding and run out with almost three chances in the same ball :adore:
That was not Bravo, he was DR Smith. The English players did a similar one against the Windies in the first match at Lord's.

The inaugural season had made heroes of the likes of Marsh, Yusuf, Jadeja, Nayar, Dhawan, Dhawal, Sidharth, Gony, Dinda, Pomersbach, Yo Mi, Mishra, Ojha etc. And this season had its share too. 5) Kamran Khan: 6 wickets in 5 outings at an average of 20, strike rate of 17.6 and economy of 7 is seriously amazing for an 18-year old who has not played first class cricket. The backing from the captain would have done him a world of good. It is sad that he has been injured, though. 4) Shadab Jakati: 11 wickets from just 7 games at outstanding average of 13.8 and strike rate of 11.4 and its a shame MSD did not pick him in the team earlier considering the role the spinners have been playing this year. An economy of 7.23 is about par in this tournament and he is a useful lower-order batsman who can hit some big blows. 3) Tirumalasetti Suman: 191 runs at an average of about 24 and a good strike rate of 135. His gentle off-spinners have earned him 5 wickets at an average of 18 and an economy of just under 6.5. Sadly, he was not picked for 4 games. The best part is he has done this quiety and no one would have really realized his performances. 2) Yusuf Abdullah: 14 wickets from just nine games at a strike rate of one every 2 overs and an average of 17 and that after a very disappointing first two games when he went for 39 off his 3 without picking up a wicket. The return of Binga means an automatic ouster but he had done his job for the team. 1) Amit Singh: Again a shame that Warney has included Trivedi ahead of Amit. Economy of 5.4, average of 9.5 and strike rate of 10.5 totalling 8 wickets in just 4 games. Thats simply outstanding. Dirk Nannes misses out in spite of taking 12 owing to his high average compared to Kamran.
I'm a bit disappointed at this year's IPL in a sense that it hardly threw up new talents upfront and hardly any unknown name made a name for themselves this year, apart from Kamran in the earlier part of tournament but then he was marred by suspect action. Amit Singh once again is not someone who seems to have talent to represent India one day. Apart from T Suman, not a single, relatively unknown batsman has made a mark. The conditions have been trying in almost all the matches and this was a golden opportunity for many domestic batsmen to shine. Unfortunately Pujara and Dhawan were injured and Rahane couldn't make a mark in more than one inning. Where have all the domestic cricket performers gone? Kulkarni was supposed to do well but he was mostly disappointing. So was Balaji! What do you all think?

I think it is Mortaza. In him' date=' we found something we never thought we could...a bowler worse than Agarkar.[/quote'] But I gurantee he would not have dared to bowl 6 full tosses in the 19th over ... Balaji has more guts than him as only he could dare to bowl 6 full tosses that too in the 19th over .. though the competition between Agarkar, Mortaza and Balaji is very close but I think Balaji will win with yesterday's performance All hail Balaji :adore: