So the Semi-Finalists r Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore

amits

with queens xi punjab losing today(cant even chase 116:hysterical:), the semi-final spots have been virtually decided. all 3 of punjab, hyderabad & bangalore had 14 points from 13 matches, but punjab had the lowest run-rate out of the 3 & this loss has decreased their run-rate even further. now with both hyderabad & bangalore through, unless bangalore get a huge thrashing which decrases their run-rate to below that of punjab, bangalore & hyderabad should be the ones to go through the semi-finals will most likely be - 1 v 4 - delhi v loser of bangalore-hyderabad match 2 v 3 - winner of bangalore-hyderabad v chennai

U sure' date=' varun? Just calculated on the 150-50 scenario[/quote'] BRC: For: 1824/256.0 Against: 1869/253.2 On a 100-170 Scenario: BRC: For: 1924/276.0 Against: 2039/273.2 NRR: -0.492 (which is

I've one question - if brc beat dc' date=' irrespective of margin, shouldn't punjab be qualified for semis, as punjab defeated dc twice in their league matches against eachother???[/quote'] the rules specify net run rate as the criterion. then wins/losses. then probably Head to Head i think.

i wish RCB beats DC in a thriller today. that way DC will be the 4th semi finalist and DD will have the job of handling the unpredictable DC in semis. CSK can play RCB with Hayden and Ntini(i think he cud be the surprise package for semi finals).