Sachin Speaks Up

Re: Sachin Speaks Up

Atleast he is admitting failure and apologising to the nation. Give him credit for that. He could have easily chosen to relax on some beach, far away from this mess.
He is doing damage control cause tons of crores are riding on his "good" name, probably at the insistence of his corporate payees. If he really was admitting to failures, he would have done so soon after he landed back home. Sorry, no credit here.

He is doing damage control cause tons of crores are riding on his "good" name, probably at the insistence of his corporate payees. If he really was admitting to failures, he would have done so soon after he landed back home. Sorry, no credit here.
Indian players returned on the 29th. SRT spoke on the 3rd. Should he have held a press conference on the tarmac itself?

He is doing damage control cause tons of crores are riding on his "good" name' date=' probably at the insistence of his corporate payees. If he really was admitting to failures, he would have done so soon after he landed back home. Sorry, no credit here.[/quote'] Indian players returned on the 29th. SRT spoke on the 3rd. Should he have held a press conference on the tarmac itself?
He speaking now obviously because of the whole chappell report fiasco. Didn't you see how these guys, all of them, ran away like pussies from the airport? Why not stop and say a few words to the fans instead of running away like a criminal?

He is doing damage control cause tons of crores are riding on his "good" name' date=' probably at the insistence of his corporate payees. If he really was admitting to failures, he would have done so soon after he landed back home. Sorry, no credit here.[/quote'] Indian players returned on the 29th. SRT spoke on the 3rd. Should he have held a press conference on the tarmac itself?
If he had done that it would have been thrown out as emotional, senseless babble after the loss. There is no denying that Tendulkar's performance was poor and maybe he should be dropped/rested but people have really jumped the gun here.

Re: Sachin Speaks Up This is the best Soap Opera in a long time. Hey If we are not winning the WC al least have this drama bazi. Seriously though only if we would have listened to SteWaugh when he was screaming and telling us not to touch greg "Underarm" Chappel and all the reports from his South Australia coaching stint.

Re: Sachin Speaks Up So if GC will continue to fire from behind RD or say things in private dressing room affecting SRT' performance, then I dont mind him going public. He is answerable to Public not GC. Come on guys, just because he couldn't perform in last few years doesn't make him bad as GC is making him. Many of his performances were because of his recent physical inabilities to some extend. All his fault is that he doesn't play the way he used to be. Why dont we 1. Compare what he was when he had played for 5 years, with Yuvi as he is right now. 2. Compare what he was when he had played for 8 years with Sehwag now. 3. Compare what he was when he had played for 3 years with Dhoni now. Saala tragedy is all these chokers including Gangs are not been discussed at all. It hurts when his 17 years of service is questioned now because he couldn't perform. I would have accepted all these criticism if we had lost by say 1-2 wkts or say 10-15 runs where every1 has contributed except him. I dont think he will come public like this unless there is very substantial reason. I dont think he is paid by us or by GC. Neither he earned all this fame by going public with the statements and all the crap. Baring dravid, no one has earned even half of what he has earned. He brought life to our cricket yaar owise, how could you forget the way we used to just surrender in late 80s and in 90s when he gets out every1 including, Dravid, Azhar would just do the formalities of playing out 50 overs. I would trust a die hard indian cricket lover and great player any day. If Greg tried to play around with SRT's batting position then he should have been 100% sure who will open and what are their credibilities. With terribly out of touch opener on one end (Motu) and totally inexperienced on the other (Uthappa or any1 else), it would be any1' guess that we were always playing batsman short in everygame. So all this experimenting crap ended up with these two guys. So vulnerable that they cant even stand BD. I vote for SRT ---0---0> :wtg: :wtg:

This is the best Soap Opera in a long time. Hey If we are not winning the WC al least have this drama bazi. Seriously though only if we would have listened to SteWaugh when he was screaming and telling us not to touch greg "Underarm" Chappel and all the reports from his South Australia coaching stint.
No Kidding. This guy has been diastrous. But did he one good thing, move people out of their comfort zones. We had a non-performing captain and players taking their place for granted. Thanks to him, questions are being asked of every player. But he has a huge ego and is poor in managing and working with people.

Ravi' date=' Tendulkar lost his credibility just by this.[/quote'] I don't know about lost credibility :shrug: I will take future media reports and Sachin interviews with a pinch of salt. I did think it was a bit unusual for him to go around bashing the coach without him being named in the public. You never know with the media really. Perhaps BCCI stepped in??? Nevertheless it is good Chappell is gone and Tendulkar has said he was misquoted. Lest the dirty linen is not being washed in the public ala Pakistan style. I for one thought Indian cricket was going Pakistan way, the bickerings about coach, players and the rest. Glad these are put to rest now.

Everything can be laid to rest now that Sachin says there was no problems whatsoever with Greg Chappell :chin: So much ado about nothing :shrug:
Ravi, Tendulkar lost his credibility just by this.
Not really. If people can love him after scoring ducks, wait till he scores a few runs. The guy is simply untouchable.

Ravi' date=' Tendulkar lost his credibility just by this.[/quote'] I don't know about lost credibility :shrug: I will take future media reports and Sachin interviews with a pinch of salt. I did think it was a bit unusual for him to go around bashing the coach without him being named in the public. You never know with the media really. Perhaps BCCI stepped in??? Nevertheless it is good Chappell is gone and Tendulkar has said he was misquoted.
No Ravi, Even if you read the interview that Sachin gave, he only said that it hurt IF the coach questioned his attitude. If media blew it to something else. as they've been doing with Greg too, what can anyone do? Unless the interview is in direct question and answers, don't believe it. But to say that Sachin lost credibility because of that, I'd like to know how!

Re: Sachin Speaks Up ^^ AFAIK, SRT is one of the hardest guys to get to interview--he always keeps his views to himself. and i can literally see the newsroom at ToI: bhidu, sachin aaya hai , usko yeh pooch, woh pooch. shame on ToI editor for distorting one of the most soft spoken guys to ever grace the beautiful game. i am embarrassed to even admit to being a journalist. at no point did SRT ever speak against the erstwhile coach.

Ravi' date=' Tendulkar lost his credibility just by this.[/quote'] I don't know about lost credibility :shrug: I will take future media reports and Sachin interviews with a pinch of salt. I did think it was a bit unusual for him to go around bashing the coach without him being named in the public. You never know with the media really. Perhaps BCCI stepped in??? Nevertheless it is good Chappell is gone and Tendulkar has said he was misquoted.
No Ravi, Even if you read the interview that Sachin gave, he only said that it hurt IF the coach questioned his attitude. If media blew it to something else. as they've been doing with Greg too, what can anyone do? Unless the interview is in direct question and answers, don't believe it. But to say that Sachin lost credibility because of that, I'd like to know how!
I didn't say he has lost credibility. I said he has lost none :hic: I was suggesting to head coach there is nothing to lose by refuting what was written. I do not need any proof about Sachin's commitment to the sport or the team. I know and seen him well enough to understand that.

^^ AFAIK, SRT is one of the hardest guys to get to interview--he always keeps his views to himself. and i can literally see the newsroom at ToI: bhidu, sachin aaya hai , usko yeh pooch, woh pooch. shame on ToI editor for distorting one of the most soft spoken guys to ever grace the beautiful game. i am embarrassed to even admit to being a journalist. at no point did SRT ever speak against the erstwhile coach.
How much did the sopranos pay you :shrug: