I may not return for IPL next year - McGrath

vvvslaxman

Nannes is 31' date='is fast can get wickets.McGrath hadn't bowled a ball for a year.Nannes was given chances n he has grabbed them.so his is justified inclusion.by purpose,i meant playing him in Dead Rubbers[b']?if he had done well in Dead rubbers,would u have left out Nannes of S/F?
So there is a chance that Mcgrath could have done well. You agree. Why not given chance before then. He could have bowled better than Nannes. How would we ever know that? I cannot buy any argument from Delhi management unless he is carrying some serious injury. Mcgrath himself is flummoxed.

I AM NOT discounting McGrath past achievements' date='no doubt he was a legend,but fast bowling is a physically Demanding job n u cant take it beyond certain age.Pollock was also a legend,why do u think he chose to be a coach of MI ,he could have also played,na?[/quote'] That is pollock's choice. KNowing these Aussies they are dedicated at their work. Look at Hayden. He is fitter than any of these 23 year old "youngsters" from CSK. It is a shame that we would never know how Mcgrath would have done in South African conditions. Nannes will be in for rude awakening next season in Indian conditions.

So there is a chance that Mcgrath could have done well. You agree. Why not given chance before then. He could have bowled better than Nannes. How would we ever know that? I cannot buy any argument from Delhi management unless he is carrying some serious injury. Mcgrath himself is flummoxed.
i am just speculating.there is as much a chance of him failing as succeeding.initially they Played Nannes since McGrath did not have any match practice n would have been rusty.then Nannes took his chances n kept performing game after game.it would have been unfair to drop him then

That is pollock's choice. KNowing these Aussies they are dedicated at their work. Look at Hayden. He is fitter than any of these 23 year old "youngsters" from CSK. It is a shame that we would never know how Mcgrath would have done in South African conditions. Nannes will be in for rude awakening next season in Indian conditions.
yes but hayden is a batsman.as i said fast bowling is much more strenous job.We have seen McGrath n have liked him,now we are seeing something new,its ll good for me

Lord, We are talking about IPL T20 where Rohits, Rajat Bhatias and host of trundlers doing well. ALl you need is little bit of smart bowling not express pace. Otherwise Steyn would have played every match. Ntini would have played every match. Mcgrath is a canny bowler who sure must be fit enough to bowl 4 overs. So nothing will cut it, without playing him in atleast one match we cannot conclude he would be a failure.

Lord, We are talking about IPL T20 where Rohits, Rajat Bhatias and host of trundlers doing well. ALl you need is little bit of smart bowling not express pace. Otherwise Steyn would have played every match. Ntini would have played every match. Mcgrath is a canny bowler who sure must be fit enough to bowl 4 overs. So nothing will cut it, without playing him in atleast one match we cannot conclude he would be a failure.
BUT pace is important too,specially at death wen u need to bowl yorkers.canny bowling can be done be nehra too..Steyn didn't play coz of a thumb injury n Ntini we know cannot bowl at the death.its all about options u gotta pick best from available options,n i think Nannes over McGrath is the rite choice for the 4th forun player

DD suck. I wish they loose just because they didnt play this legend and made him warm the bench. I guess every legend has atleast a wee bit of ego. Imagine if Dravid or Ganguly had been asked to do like that! I wish Mcgrath played for CSK. We would have welcomed him with both hands. On the other hand I don't honestly find anything extra ordinary with Nannes. He just may be as good as Mcgrath, but he definitely cannot exceed him. IMO Mcgrath is a better bet. Just goes on to prove that Shewag and Gambhir are no captaincy material. They don't even know how to rotate bowlers and keep them fresh. I'm so surprised that Maharoof gets picked ahead of Mcgrath and Vettori some time.

DD suck. I'm so surprised that Maharoof gets picked ahead of Mcgrath and Vettori some time.
this is wat frustrates me the most. how can they pick tht useless maharoof over Mcgrath.?? :dontknow: i hope DD loses n shusses all the northies here.. :--D

I have been saying from the first match itself that McGrath is unhappy for not given chance to play at all... I am a DD supporter but I think Veeru is a fecking captain because he cannot make the right choice.. I am still sure that McGrath would have been better than Nannes with all his experience.. anyways Nannes has not taken a lot of wickets and even Nehra has taken more a lot more wickets than him McGrath was not given chance although 120 kmph range bowlers like Andrew McDonald and Maharoof were given chances.. at least McGrath should have been tried in dead matches .. there were three irrelevant matches played by DD and McGrath should have played.. Veeru is not at all good in team selection and as a captain and hope that he never gets chance to lead the Indian team from now on .. hope that Gauti or Raina is made the vice captain instead of him

I think the reason given to him bout his fitness not being upto the mark is flimsy. If you have doubts bout someone’s fitness, give him a game and see how he fares. DD didn’t even do that. I have a feeling that the DD management simply think Glenn isn’t up to the mark anymore, in terms of skill and talent. And this threat bout not returning for next year is just a mind-game meant to convey to the powers-that-be that he should not be taken for granted. Indirectly, Glenn is laying the blame on the DD management by saying – ‘If you’re not playing me, why should I come?’

DD suck. I wish they loose just because they didnt play this legend and made him warm the bench. I guess every legend has atleast a wee bit of ego. Imagine if Dravid or Ganguly had been asked to do like that! I wish Mcgrath played for CSK. We would have welcomed him with both hands. On the other hand I don't honestly find anything extra ordinary with Nannes. He just may be as good as Mcgrath, but he definitely cannot exceed him. IMO Mcgrath is a better bet. Just goes on to prove that Shewag and Gambhir are no captaincy material. They don't even know how to rotate bowlers and keep them fresh. I'm so surprised that Maharoof gets picked ahead of Mcgrath and Vettori some time.
I completely agree... Nannes has not done anything exceptional to make us believe that he is exceptional .. Nannes had been inconsistent.. sometimes he gets hits a lot, sometimes he gets wickets and sometimes he does not.... his line and length has also differed and although sometimes he has bowled exceptionally but there are times when his bowling has been really bad with being smashed for 4's and 6's .. McGrath should have been given chance at least in a few matches

This is lame. The man worked so hard to get fit to come play here and he's not even played. Worse - he doesn't know why he's not being played. Thats disgusting.
I agree :agree: That is a great insult to the legend.. I still respect the legends of fast bowling like Ambrose, McGrath, Akram etc. and it is disgusting to see McGrath being neglected.. it is not only about money and I am sure he is not much worried about money.. it is more about playing .. he has been a cricketer and for him playing in a cricket match is much more important that earning money .. his wife had died last year and he was sad.. he told that he would enjoy the IPL and hopefully be more happy.. but Veeru and DD management have made him more unhappy instead and treated him harshly not giving him a chance even in dead rubbers :mad:

I think the reason given to him bout his fitness not being upto the mark is flimsy. If you have doubts bout someone’s fitness' date= give him a game and see how he fares. DD didn’t even do that. I have a feeling that the DD management simply think Glenn isn’t up to the mark anymore, in terms of skill and talent. And this threat bout not returning for next year is just a mind-game meant to convey to the powers-that-be that he should not be taken for granted. Indirectly, Glenn is laying the blame on the DD management by saying – ‘If you’re not playing me, why should I come?’
That is what pisses me off ... how can you judge anybody without giving him a single chance And regarding his ability or talent, DD also knows well about his talent... he was the best DD bowler last IPL .. and when McGrath was the best bowler in even Indian conditions where it is much more easier to score runs then why would McGrath be ineffective in SA conditions which is better for fast bowlers .. Anyways McGrath has a better economy rate and average even in Indian conditions last IPL than Dirk Nannes has even in this IPL

i havent read above posts' date=' but imo he can be a bowling coach for DD, just like Pollock is now for MI.[/quote'] Leave next year that is a different thing.. but Nannes helped DD lose the semis too and I dont know how McGrath is pathetic compared to him .. at least McGrath should have been tried in a few games .. McGrath has the experience and he would have mixed the balls to batsmen like Gilly etc.

whats his problem - hes making money.
it is not about making money .. it is about getting insulted and made to sit on the bench being one of the best bowlers of all time .. he had proved himself last year too and even McDonalds and Maharoofs were preferred to him by Veeru in the playing XI... at least McGrath should have been given a chance A cricketer does not play cricket only for money