IPL format sucks

amits

the rules and the format is well known. there is no point in crying after losing the semi finals. even in world cup, there is a knock out format in Semis and final. so, no reason to crib. DD was beaten fair and square.

dude even Gambhir sucks. He also didnt bother to pick Mcgrath. Its a simple math.... rotate your bowlers and keep 'em fresh. These guys are nowhere near Dhoni. I'm glad India are under Dhoni. Sehwag is a miserable captain. Unimaginative and doesn't know when things goes out of hands. Delhi did well only based on brilliant performances by Dilshan and ABD(always)& Last minute rescues by dinesh kartik helped the team. bowling, field placing wise.... its a very ordinary captaincy. Lets see how Dhoni does his part when he has to face the song. From what I have seen Dhoni never gives up a loss so easily...he will push it to the brink (eg: last match against BRC and KXIP with low scores to defend)
gambhir never had a say in picking the xis. he was a makeshift captain & was captaining only on-field & not off-field. and Sehwag is a miserable captain. who ever made Sehwag captain for this ipl after the 2nd test against nz, should be :whack:ed badly

Stop your whining if 4 teams go through, it should always be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 But I do feel sorry for DD, they dominated the whole tournament and got Gillied when it mattered
I wouldn't say dominated. CSK choked while chasing against Delhi. 34 in 4.. with Albie and Flintoff they gave up. Infact Chargers were equally good. Only problem was getting over finish line.

amits.. why the eff didn't you create this thread before.. Why now when Delhi has lost.. You look silly and stupid after creating such thread after Delhi has lost. go find a bin of your size and fit yourself and put a "use me" sticker on it.. bloody charcoal sucker

talking of leagues, does the epl(football league) have a semi-final & final??? epl is league. for the knockouts they have a separate tournament(fa cup) a league should never have knock-outs, only a tournament has it. and ipl is a league. epl is a league. fa cup is a tournament

amits.. why the eff didn't you create this thread before.. Why now when Delhi has lost.. You look silly and stupid after creating such thread after Delhi has lost. go find a bin of your size and fit yourself and put a "use me" sticker on it.. bloody charcoal sucker
i would have created this thread last year if delhi had won the semi-final

hume to apno ne loota, gairo me kaha dum tha... mere kashti thi doobi waha, jahan paani kam tha... :giggle:
waah waah Mehul !! Sums up right for Dillii for @m!7$ : woh kashtii kharid rahaa hai , baakii sab sochanaa hai !! What a whiner.

Dhoni never rotated his bowlers either. Nitini hasnt played a game and even when he got in a foreign fast bowler' date=' he got Thusara in but not nitini.[/quote'] Do you see how much of a weak bowling attacj CSK has and Dhoni still manages to tighten up the screws. Its not just the bowlers, but making shrewd bowling changes on field while reading batsmen temperament. Dhoni does exactly that!!

I see a point in Shwetabh's arguement' date=' amits have you heard about the Champions League ?[/quote'] if u r talking of the football champions league, they have group stages as well & the champions league is a knockout tournament. all teams dont play against each other there, so it cant be called a league. in a league, all teams have to play against each other

if u r talking of the football champions league' date=' they have group stages as well & the champions league is a knockout tournament. all teams dont play against each other there, so it cant be called a league. in a league, all teams have to play against each other[/quote'] The English Ligue 1,2 and Conference have knockouts.

if u r talking of the football champions league' date=' they have group stages as well & the champions league is a knockout tournament. all teams dont play against each other there, so it cant be called a league. in a league, all teams have to play against each other[/quote'] amits you are right, for once I agree with you. But you need these K/Os to make the tourny interesting." It is strictly business".

The ‘no-need-for-a-knockout game-in-a-league-format’ is premised on the fact that it ensures the best team wins. But what the protracted league phase ensures is that only the top teams make it to the knockout stage. So, irrespective of who of the final 4 wins, it does not make a difference because all 4 teams are quite evenly matched, especially in a franchise based model.

The ‘no-need-for-a-knockout game-in-a-league-format’ is premised on the fact that it ensures the best team wins. But what the protracted league phase ensures is that only the top teams make it to the knockout stage. So' date=' irrespective of who of the final 4 wins, it does not make a difference because all 4 teams are quite evenly matched, especially in a franchise based model.[/quote'] I don't think RR was matched by any of the other three teams in last year's IPL.