IPL format sucks

amits

The ‘no-need-for-a-knockout game-in-a-league-format’ is premised on the fact that it ensures the best team wins. But what the protracted league phase ensures is that only the top teams make it to the knockout stage. So' date=' irrespective of who of the final 4 wins, it does not make a difference because all 4 teams are quite evenly matched, especially in a franchise based model.[/quote'] Huh? Delhi were a clear 6 points ahead of DC this year - that's almost 50% more than DC's total points. Last year, RR were a good 7 points clear of DD.

Maybe there isn't much of a difference between 3-8 but 1 and 2 get automatic qualification right?' date=' it makes sense to me.[/quote'] The reason is very similar to one over here, evenly matched teams.

Have a super-4 and a Final. That makes sense. A top team of 8 teams is eliminated having one bad day with a player being taken over by a psychotic ghost!
Though not a fair comparision but still aussies (after dominating league games) have only lot one game in the last 8 WC semi finals and finals games they have played.

amits, there are no words, phrases or idioms that can sum up just how pathetic, disgusting and infantile you are. You're a stupid waste of space on the web who gives this site and any teams you support a bad name just by association. Please do us all a favour and cut the cable connecting your computer to the internet so none of us have to suffer from this stupidity any further. Meanwhile, I'm off to find some hard liquor. I need something to kill the brain cells that just got stupider by reading that moronic-beyond-description post of yours.