Gilli Kicks Dilli

spectre

SRT.
But I would say Tendulkar in his 20s .. I have hardly ever seen that kind of attacking cricket by Tendulkar after he went into his 30s ... Gilly has played attacking cricket for most of the time though he played international cricket for a lot lesser time than Sachin Tendulkar was a fierce attacker hitting four and sixes in the 1990s but not nowadays

Gambhir has a long way to reach Gilly's sort of demolishing power yet with proper cricketing shots .. Raina might fit to that role if he opens but Raina plays best at no. 3 and so it is not beneficial .. Gilly and Hayden were one of the best opening pairs of all time and that is why Aussies dominated world cricket for a decade .. there is no such opening pair in world cricket now
That wasn't the question. It was who performs for India in crunch situations/big games.

But I would say Tendulkar in his 20s .. I have hardly ever seen that kind of attacking cricket by Tendulkar after he went into his 30s ... Gilly has played attacking cricket for most of the time though he played international cricket for a lot lesser time than Sachin Tendulkar was a fierce attacker hitting four and sixes in the 1990s but not nowadays
His last innings was 163* - with 16 fours and 5 sixes.

I was responding to flamy's query' date=' regarding India's big match player, i would find it difficult to look beyond SRT, RD may be.[/quote'] Dravid most definitely is. Laxman, to a certain extent. Kumble, its hard to tell - he delivers in most games he plays in :P

To be honest though, our team has very rarely raised their game to the standards that the Australians do in crunch games - and barring Sachin, almost never in the 90s. But with Dhoni that's coming to change ever since the T20 WC, where we've done remarkably well in the games we needed to win.

Dravid most definitely is. Laxman' date=' to a certain extent. Kumble, its hard to tell - he delivers in most games he plays in :P[/quote'] We are back to the fab four :--D, imo RD,SRT,AK in both forms of the game.

To be honest though' date=' [b']our team has very rarely raised their game to the standards that the Australians do in crunch games .
This is true. Aus are truly big match players over the last decade. Laxman to some extent in Tests has done it for India.

To be honest though' date=' our team has very rarely raised their game to the standards that the Australians do in crunch games.[/quote'] Graph, thats if we paint the overall picture, post 08 we have doing well in most of our crunch matches, well the Asia Cup final was a blob, we did well in the CB series, major ODI series following that, won a crucial ODI series in SL last August amidst Mendis Mania. The SA loss hurts though. :((

Graph, thats if we paint the overall picture, post 08 we have doing well in most of our crunch matches, well the Asia Cup final was a blob, we did well in the CB series, major ODI series following that, won a crucial ODI series in SL last August amidst Mendis Mania. The SA loss hurts though. :((
Yeah. The Asia Cup final was lost to a freak. When we were 73/1, we were on top.
Dhoni/Yuvi combination have done more than anybody else in the last few years. They have won so many matches by providing finishing touch.
Yup. Dhoni, especially, has become an excellent ODI bat - and has been there quite a few times to get us the match.

Gilly's knock was sublime. Enjoyed it thoroughly. I thought Hayden will do similar for CSK and he looked like he could for a short while but didn't materialize. DC has better batting than most and definitely deserve to be in the finals. Again, Gilly is a star when it comes to finals/Semi Finals.