Modi hints at two IPL tournaments a year

Sachinism

Thats a really lame logic' date=' does that mean Test Matches are the best format for advertising? Its not about the duration, its about the viewership.[/quote'] ODI viewership is poor you mean to say? It has still lot of viewers. Come on even Test has viewers but depends on the Test. Just that crowd won't be there. But there is no proof One dayers are having poor viewership. That is one of the erason why they have 7 ODIs and 2 Tests.

ODI viewership is poor you mean to say?
Stop twisting words, T20 has more viewership than any other format. Its not about longetivity its about the viewership in advertising, just addressing your twisted logic.

[table=head]Year|No of ODIs 2000| 34 2001| 24 2002| 35 2003| 28 2004| 32 2005| 27 2006| 30 2007| 37 2008| 29 2009| 10 [/table] I don't expect this to drop. Even in NZ they played 5 ODIs. I have no problems with combination of ODI/Test series . But i am not a big fan of exclusive bilateral ODI series either. But when it happens i don't fail to watch. Btw this is India's stats

Stop twisting words' date=' T20 has more viewership than any other format. Its not about longetivity its about the viewership in advertising, just addressing your twisted logic.[/quote'] Why do you think they introduced a 7 minute "strategy break' then?

To avoid the 5-ball overs' date=' which plagued the LOI formats.[/quote'] 5 ball ovrs? That is mainly an ad break. They could squeeze in a few ad that time. Not a single player like it. They still have it anyway. Why. it is all about money. One dayers will keep generating money . Recent one dayers were good to watch actually. Tendulkar/Yuvi plunder 69 runs in 5 overs power play. IT was all fun. It gives time to good players to settle down and attack. It is a better sight than class players trying to slog from the get go and looking ugly.

5 ball ovrs? That is mainly an ad break. They could squeeze in a few ad that time. Not a single player like it. They still have it anyway. Why. it is all about money. One dayers will keep generating money . Recent one dayers were good to watch actually. Tendulkar/Yuvi plunder 69 runs in 5 overs power play. IT was all fun. It gives time to good players to settle down and attack. It is a better sight than class players trying to slog from the get go and looking ugly.
All this is fine. All i have a problem is the statement below.
ODI means more commercials because it is longer.
More Commercials, isnt what the Ad company is looking for, its max viewership. kthnxbye.

Not any more please There is anyways going to be almost two IPLs from now .. one will be IPL and one will be champions league... I dont want any more But at the same time I will also love to see AFL being a huge failure and IPL overtaking it .. India and BCCI could get cricket being famous in US and then it would be a huge money spinner .. but then he should also pay to India instead of going free without even taxes

Guest gaurav_indian

Modi ke bache ek league football ki bhi karwa.Indian football ke baare mein koi sochta hi nahi.:mad:

Modi ke bache ek league football ki bhi karwa.Indian football ke baare mein koi sochta hi nahi.:mad:
Whatever anyone would say I respect Lalit Modi from the depth of my heart. He has proved everyone wrong and made IPL huge success by his clever marketing. He is simple genius in marketing and he has been a great boon for Indian cricket. I hope he also starts helping schools etc. in India too like he did in South Africa.

oh, i forgot about Champions league. lol. we already have IPL & Champions League, why more now? haven't you made enough $$$, Modi? :whack:
thats what I am saying .. it is almost like two IPL already .. Champions league is also his league .. I think CL will earn even more money than the IPL if it is promoted properly .. the viewership of CL will be tremendous in all countries IMO as all the top T20 teams will participate

oh, i forgot about Champions league. lol. we already have IPL & Champions League, why more now? haven't you made enough $$$, Modi? :whack:
Not just L$M, even players play a part in controlling whether Test cricket and ODIs have a future or not.