W T F is going on, why cant they just hand over the trophy

jf1gp_1

Just out of curiosity, did the captains ever get a chance to speak, or by that point were people beyond caring after all the sound and light shows and superstar singers and dancers? Sounds like the circus needed a better ringmaster for the finish.
They did speak, but a good three hours after the match concluded, which IMO diluted Deccan's achievement. Once the match was over, it was supposed to the Deccan chargers moment under the spotlight, as they bask under the glory being crowned champions. But, it was a total anti-climax. We had a whole host of people starting from the President of South Africa to an award winning pop-singer hogging the stage and lots of pyrotechnics that for a moment actually made you forget that this was supposed to be a celebration night for the Champions.

They did speak' date=' but a good three hours after the match concluded, which IMO diluted Deccan's achievement. Once the match was over, it was supposed to the Deccan chargers moment under the spotlight, as they bask under the glory being crowned champions. But, it was a total anti-climax. We had a whole host of people starting from the President of South Africa to an award winning pop-singer hogging the stage and lots of pyrotechnics that for a moment actually made you forget that this was supposed to be a celebration night for the Champions.[/quote'] Classy. Good to see the cricket came first and di ck stroking and ego inflating speeches and shows didn't come in the way. Bet RSA President Jacob Zuma was happy to be sharing the stage and all those honours with a convicted criminal who has drug possession, assault and kidnapping on his record.

I never got to watch Gilly hold the trophy. First of all, I was pissed at the way we lost. But couldn't stick around after the show. 3 hrs...Good thing I didn't waste 3 more hrs. Whatever it is, I was sold over by the format. THough it needs doles of luck also to win, there is some proper cricket played in between all the hits and giggles.

Though I agree with all of you that the circus went on long enough, i think theres a bit more than just egos here. Cricket SA did a big favor helping the IPL brand move seamlessly, obviously Modi knew he wont get the same flexibility in seating, hospitality etc in England, so anyways I think this is a backhanded thank you for hosting, allowing brand IPL to save face and just in case opening a wedge to allow future IPL RSA versions in case of any issues in India. BTW Modi's got an awful lisp.