Congrats Brand India!

Ram

Lets not forget, its the brand that is India is the biggest winner here. How symbolic is it see the President of South Africa noless, begin his address with a 'Namaste' or Akon having more references to India than South Africa, while performing in front of a South African audience. We have begun to do now what the Americans have been doing now for 70 years - Project our soft-power! :isalute:

Guest Hiten.

:isalute: Don't forget to thank Mr. Modi for hosting an event that was impossible to do given that he had very little time on his hands. We should also thank the RSA organizers. :isalute:

:isalute: Don't forget to thank Mr. Modi for hosting an event that was impossible to do given that he had very little time on his hands. We should also thank the RSA organizers. :isalute:
I agree Modi also deserves a lot of appreciation for proving everybody wrong and making it successful on his own terms irrespective of any problems And a great thanks to South Africa and the organizers there :isalute:

Lets not forget' date=' its the brand that is India is the biggest winner here.[/quote'] I thought you kept saying your team would emerge from the tourney as the big winner. Didn't follow much, but are you telling me that DIDN'T happen? :woah:

WE have been projecting our soft power in SE Asia since the time of the Cholas.... As Swami Vivekananda said - now the Mother will lead and her Children will follow. BTW the IPL is now worth 2 Billion! Kudos and hats off to Modi all said and done is a true wizard.

^ IPL is a great success and all, but it is good to still be wary of Lalit$Modi. It remains to be seen if he can invest some of these riches that BCCI has earned back into developing the fundamentals and grassroots for cricket in India, and also invest these for development of Test cricket and stadiums etc. Will be good if they do that.

^ IPL is a great success and all, but it is good to still be wary of Lalit. It remains to be seen if he can invest some of these riches that BCCI has earned back into developing the fundamentals and grassroots for cricket in India, and also invest these for development of Test cricket and stadiums etc. Will be good if they do that.
I admire Lalit Modi but I am not sure if he will invest in education etc. in India like he did in South Africa.. last year he gifted Rajasthan CM Raje a check and that got bounced for which he is already facing a court case

^ IPL is a great success and all, but it is good to still be wary of Lalit. It remains to be seen if he can invest some of these riches that BCCI has earned back into developing the fundamentals and grassroots for cricket in India, and also invest these for development of Test cricket and stadiums etc. Will be good if they do that.
Indeed, chaps are being unearthed left right and center... Ravi Teja, Pandey etc etc. We now not only have bench strength but also sofa and couch strength back home. I hope they invest some of that in improving our stadia, Chepauk to begin with would be nice.

Guest Hiten.

You guys do realize that the stadiums are not owned by BCCI. Initiative has to be taken by the stadium owners, to improve the facilities. BCCI "rents" these stadiums and all they can do is push/threaten the stadium owners if a certain set standard is not met.

You guys do realize that the stadiums are not owned by BCCI. Initiative has to be taken by the stadium owners' date=' to improve the facilities. BCCI "rents" these stadiums and all they can do is push/threaten the stadium owners if a certain set standard is not met.[/quote'] BCCI helps pay the maintenance costs from a common kitty, that is the kitty that comes from IPL, sponsorships and the like.

You guys do realize that the stadiums are not owned by BCCI. Initiative has to be taken by the stadium owners' date=' to improve the facilities. BCCI "rents" these stadiums and all they can do is push/threaten the stadium owners if a certain set standard is not met.[/quote'] But BCCI is responsible for ensuring certain standard for BCCI sponsored events http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/391358.html

It was an excellent edition of IPL and the crowd attendance was as good as it can get. Technically it's an Indian domestic tourney and hosting that in South Africa and, making it a success it fantastic. I think BCCI/IPL has surprised a lot of cricket followers. There are always going to be people that are not going to warm up to this event but they will fall in line slowly and surely. On another note, here's hoping they don't overdo such tourneys.

Guest Hiten.
It was an excellent edition of IPL and the crowd attendance was as good as it can get. Technically it's an Indian domestic tourney and hosting that in South Africa and, making it a success it fantastic. I think BCCI/IPL has surprised a lot of cricket followers. There are always going to be people that are not going to warm up to this event but they will fall in line slowly and surely. On another note, here's hoping they don't overdo such tourneys.
2 IPL's per year would certainly kill some following. IMO, Champions league is overkilling of T20 format.

I thought you kept saying your team would emerge from the tourney as the big winner. Didn't follow much' date=' but are you telling me that DIDN'T happen? :woah:[/quote'] How is rooting for Chennai Super Kings and being happy that India's soft-power is spreading throughout the world mutually exclusive? :dontknow: