Bangles

Did you see how Gilly was struggling to pick his pace in IPL. or how Punter was struggling for 2 hours against him. Rubel is a nobody. Probably a big hit in Bangladesh. At the international level he is a nobody.
sharma is good, don't get me wrong (i'm prolly his biggest fan outside india) but gilly is what 35, 36 now? reflexes wane with age you know...but this is about speed alone. plus we aren't even getting into the other things of bounce/steep rise, etc. has ishant be consistently clocking 145+, forget about 150, which he happened to exceed once in australia? rubel was clocking 140+ about as consistentl as anyone yesterday, and today he was pretty consistent at the 145 mark, hitting 148 once. like i said, we'll find out what the speed gun error is saturday when we see rubel's pace compared to ishant's. unless ishant will be bowling all slower deliveries, it should be a reasonable litmus test. and let me reiterate, that the guns might be juiced up a bit. but then again rasel was at 75-78 mph which is usual pace.
You sound like Pak fans who are obsessed with speed regardless of the class. Their 93 mph demon Sami finished his test career with an average of 51. Even Ryan Harris clocked 92 k in the IPL. But he is a shy*e bowler.
who cares about class? i'd rather have a bowler with a 100 average who can hit 90 miles per hour than glenn "pigeon" mcgrath and his 21 test bowling average.
who cares about class? i'd rather have a bowler with a 100 average who can hit 90 miles per hour than glenn "pigeon" mcgrath and his 21 test bowling average.
This is gold, a legendary post....:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: something like I will take Tofee Kumar a anyday over sehwag... sami was a shame even when he hit 90mph.. if ur cricket administrators have such a thought.. u will always be cleaning up our a.rse with a begging bowl as minnows...
Did you see how Gilly was struggling to pick his pace in IPL. or how Punter was struggling for 2 hours against him. Rubel is a nobody. Probably a big hit in Bangladesh. At the international level he is a nobody.
Performance will talk.
On 6th may' date=' Rubel will prove that he is not overhyped at all.[/quote']
Performance will talk.
for a player who has played jus 5 ODI tht too against SL n zimbos.., u r talking here like hes gonna set the world on fire with his pace go easy on him.. afterall ur the guys who were hyping ashraful as the next tendulkar..:winky:

I would understand this over-confidence coming from teams like Australia (grrr), SA, New zealand. But amount of arrogance from these bangla fans despite being at the bottom of the pile for a decade is mind boggling. We don't mind giving credit where it is due. First try to move up the ranking above one of the top 8 countries. Till then continue pinning your hopes on "upset wins" in circus game (T20) and pyjama game (ODI) .