Anil Kumble debuts as international commentator

Lord

They're also intelligent, insightful people who know when to open their mouths. Benaud and Michael Holding are quieter sorts who don't talk all the time like say a Shastri or Bill Lawry, but both are still fantastic commentators and when they do open their mouths, people listen. I expect it'll be far more pleasant listening to these two on the mic than say Danny Morrison or any of the ****witted IPL shills screaming about DLF and Citi, or Arun Lal going on about lizards, birds and vegetarian sausages, or Rameez/Waqar/Fernando/etc even opening their mouths.
I like Arun Lal's little bits about nature. It's interesting. Bumble is definitely the best though, when he was in India going on about 'lathi charges'. Hilarious
He was dangerously close to sounding like Aamir Sohail today. Pair him with Chappel or someone.
I have great respect for him but I do not like him as a commentator Even Harsha Bhogle is a shimit commentator Geoffrey Boycott used to be a great commentator .. where is he nowadays I believe Sourav Ganguly would have been a good commentator .. his command on English was a lot better than Kumble ... Srinath is not bad either but I think he is working more as match referee nowadays
I have great respect for him but I do not like him as a commentator Even Harsha Bhogle is a shimit commentator Geoffrey Boycott used to be a great commentator .. where is he nowadays I believe Sourav Ganguly would have been a good commentator .. his command on English was a lot better than Kumble ... Srinath is not bad either but I think he is working more as match referee nowadays
Nope. I think Kumble's is better. I just think he's still getting used to it, and we're being far too judgmental on a very very very early stage of this potential career.
Nope. I think Kumble's is better. I just think he's still getting used to it' date=' and we're being far too judgmental on a very very very early stage of this potential career.[/quote'] yes it is too early to judge him but he sounds too robotic right now .. Dravid and Ganguly are lot less robotic whenever they speak... I am not saying Kumble is bad but he will need to improve a lot for sure

Kumble has better command over language and more tolerable voice. Just that he has to learn the art of commentary from the scratch. Manjrekar when he started commentary had a strange habit of picking out a thing and talking about incessantly till the end of the match. Say for instance.. a team doesn't have a third man. Lot of runs go there. He will keep talking about it until the third man is placed.. Now he has improved. Not repeating the same thing.

He was much better yesterday.
True. Much better. But he has be careful in not saying the obvious. Many times yestersday he kept on saying X c&b by Y at 16, Aus something for something. These things are there in the scorecard and he doesn't need to read that out. Wasim Akram has tuned into a "Mr Obvious" now. I hope Kumble concentrates on finer parts of the game which we fans crave for!
This is what Prem Panicker has to say about Anil Kumble's commentary: The WC has fielded a great lineup, with the odd exception and even so – color me biased, if you will — the best periods are when Harsha Bhogle teams up with Anil Kumble. They are not much given to superlatives — to get a ‘fantastic‘ out of them, the on-field action actually has to merit it. And Anil is in my book the MVP of the commentary team: a distinctive voice, a calm, measured delivery that reeks of authority. “He was understandably a bit nervous to start of with,” Harsha said in mail just now in response to a note from me. “But he is very earnest; he asks about how he is doing and looks to improve. He was asking if he sounded energetic enough — I suggested to him that he talk to someone about ten yards away. His second stint in the studio was already significantly better than the first. He is keen to speak with the producers about how he is doing and how he can add something different — in all, good to have him.” Amen! I hope the producer tells him to concentrate more on highlighting the finer points and less on just reading the scorecard! And this is what Anil Kumble had to say about his experience: Having the entire field in your vision is very different from watching the action on a small screen in front of you. Commenting on what's happening only on the screen is a tough ask and that's the first lesson I have learnt inside the commentary box. Also, getting used to a whole lot of stats on the screen and picking only the relevant ones, takes some doing. It is a question of getting used to it and the help that I am getting from my co-commentators is useful. On the plus side, the nice, warm commentary box is certainly the place to be, keeping the English weather in mind.

Which Indian commentator is biased? Harsha Bhogle is not, Sunil Gavaskar is not and more often than not Ravi Shastri tries to anti jinx and hence goes against India. I do not rate other say L Sive or Lal or anyone else! And we have certain commentators from almost every major cricket nations so that they can give information regarding how things are done in their respective countries. I don't find anything wrong with that!

I said subcontinental commies not just India. Even in case of Indian commies, I think SG can be biased at times. I remember he almost weeped when MI lost a close one against KXI in this IPL and if you are not going to rate LS & Lal as commies well then that leaves us with just one. Ramiz, Wasim, Ranjith, Ranil, and Athar Ali Khan are all biased, if at all they qualify as a commies at first place. Even the English got one in Atherton and Nick Knight can be a bit annoying at times.

I said subcontinental commies not just India. Even in case of Indian commies, I think SG can be biased at times. I remember he almost weeped when MI lost a close one against KXI in this IPL and if you are not going to rate LS & Lal as commies well then that leaves us with just one. Ramiz, Wasim, Ranjith, Ranil, and Athar Ali Khan are all biased, if at all they qualify as a commies at first place. Even the English got one in Atherton and Nick Knight can be a bit annoying at times.
No-one is more biased or annoying than Ian Botham. During the Eng-Ind series all he talked out was the Ashes. I though this was quite ignorant really. Hate to keep repeating myself but the best commentator is without a doubt, Bumble.

harsh bogle was so annoying today, especially whe he was talking to nasser about scottish and irisih names nasser even said 'i dont know what u are on about at the minute haarshar' then there was this loooooooong silence b4 haaarshar read the score crap commentary and kumble is really boring