Going Going... GONE....Australia

Guest gaurav_indian
^Calm down yaar - how many threads with one line OPs do you want on the laugh at Australia' date=' make fun of Australia theme?[/quote'] And what was wrong with Mendis vs Australia thread?That will be revisited again and again.
^Calm down yaar - how many threads with one line OPs do you want on the laugh at Australia, make fun of Australia theme? .
as many as you can, i have waited years and years for something like this to happen and today it finally has i cant wait to get home and watch highlights, i want to see the look on pontings face when SL got the winning runs
^Calm down yaar - how many threads with one line OPs do you want on the laugh at Australia, make fun of Australia theme? Do you think umpire pays us some non ICF that we will let his thread stay and merge yours. Similar threads got merged.
I dont create threads often... and once in a while I create and you guys merge it for no reason, sometimes I dont even know where it disappeared. All we are demanding is some consistency in your approach
And what was wrong with Mendis vs Australia thread?That will be revisited again and again.
I don't know - I didn't even see it but if some mod merged it he might have thought it's similar to some other thread.
then why is the timid captain thread not merged?
That's about Ponting's captaincy today - yours was about laughing at Australia and enjoying their ouster like umpire's. I merged them using my judgment. Now let's move on and enjoy Australia getting kicked out shall we?:giggle:
during the pre match chat on start cricket, harsha made a comment that went like "the best T20 players of australia are in melbourne and brisbane - they are hayden and gilly" and Ian Chappel was quick to snub it as an irrelevant joke.Mr. Ian - now eat this... IPL has created world class T20 players and their national teams are riding on their success. Kallis, Dilshan, Bopara, Nannes, Gayle, Fidel to name a few
And unfortunately the whole of saffie team as well :((

We are only into 4th day of T20-WC and i already have list of fav moments. 5 - Holland Beat England 4 - WI finish a 20 over game against Aus in 15 overs 3 - Pak not just losing but showed they are brainless idiots 2 - Ireland kick BD out of (cant forget 07 loss just cant) and now this 1. Aussies out in 1st round All i need is one from Holland, win tomorrow .. and ofcourse Dhoni lifting the title again

Aussies have been knocked and you blokes are fighting over some threads being merged. Come on folks, just let the hair down and enjoy. Don't let any other trivial issues dilute your happiness today. This is the day to enjoy and rejoice. Sri Lanka, you beauty....... So much for not playing IPL, suck on this folks. Last WC Aussies said they didn't take it seriously enough but made it to semis. This time around they took it seriously and they didn't make it to the second round. Brilliant.... Ultimate shame is that England went on to the second round after being down and out but the Aussies surrendered meekly. Not good ....... The sight of Haydos and Gilly walking in to take strike was a sight to behold and used to send shivers up the opponents. The current team including Ponting hardly look menacing so are the bowlers. I'm glad they are out of the tourney, the ICC referees will have less tough time watching players. Andrew Symonds will be laughing all the way to the bar today......... :hysterical:

Aussies have been knocked and you blokes are fighting over some threads being merged. Come on folks, just let the hair down and enjoy. Don't let any other trivial issues dilute your happiness today. This is the day to enjoy and rejoice. Sri Lanka, you beauty....... So much for not playing IPL, suck on this folks. Last WC Aussies said they didn't take it seriously enough but made it to semis. This time around they took it seriously and they didn't make it to the second round. Brilliant.... Ultimate shame is that England went on to the second round after being down and out but the Aussies surrendered meekly. Not good ....... The sight of Haydos and Gilly walking in to take strike was a sight to behold and used to send shivers up the opponents. The current team including Ponting hardly look menacing so are the bowlers. I'm glad they are out of the tourney, the ICC referees will have less tough time watching players. Andrew Symonds will be laughing all the way to the bar today......... :hysterical:
:two_thumbs_up: me too :two_thumbs_up:

Australia is facing a problem which quite a few other teams have had in the T20 format - not enough power hitters. Having Ponting, Clarke, and M Hussey in the middle order is a terrible strategy. Compund that with Watson being terribly out of form, Symonds being the bar fly yet again, and Haddin not being even a patch on Gilchrist the line up is just not meant to be a dominant force in T20. To compund matters Lee and Johnson give away too many extras and hit me deliveries to sustain any sort of pressure on the batting side. Their game against spin has been horrific over the last year starting from the tour to India - they have constantly been choked out of ODIs and T20s by half decent spin bowling from South Africa and Pakistan and now up against Murali and Mendis really had no clue about what to do. Australia really need to change their approach to the T20 game if they are to become a top 3 side in the format.

I posted this on another forum - c&ping here "As much as I like Australia, they deserve this. They've come into the T20 with a side that's more to test the fitness and form of players they're waiting on for the Ashes (Lee and Watson, and based on their T20 form neither should be in the test squad), rather than picking the best side to win. I've been quite frustrated with the approach of the selectors in keeping the ODI team a closed camp and not wanting to split the ODI/T20 teams from the test team (especially in terms of captaincy, and already letting Ponting know he'll lead at the 2011 World Cup). There are youngsters like Luke Pomersbach, Adam Voges, George Bailey and Mark Cameron showing a ton of talent and potential in the domestics, and a T20 side should really have been stacked with power hitters like Voges and Bailey rather than the likes of Michael Hussey, Watson and Clarke. Also shocking how Doug Bollinger - who was a standout bowler on flat, unresponsive pitches in the UAE against Pakistan recently - was completely ignored here for senior players like Lee and Bracken. Terrible selection and a completely wrong approach to the tournament - the West Indies and Sri Lanka definitely deserve to get ahead of this team and advance. Hopefully this elimination and embarrassment will have the sort of effect that India's had in the 07 World Cup, and get the selectors to take a hard look at the team and future."

Truth to be told the current Aussies players aren't that inspiring. Most look out of depth. You can always pick a special player with one look and there isn't one from Australia in the recent past. Australia is struggling to put together good players. I suppose there is a dearth in quality cricketers in Australia otherwise how can the likes of Hauritz and A McDonald be chosen to play Ashes? These days the baggy green cap is won quite easily. I thought this is not the case a while ago but I need to rethink now with Gilly, Hayden have also retired. I think for the next decade or so Aussies won't be able to match their glorious past. The likes of Clarke, Hussey aren't even as good as Damien Martyn or Slater let alone Haydos, Gilly or Ponting.