Ex-ICL player Razzaq set for international return and in ongoing T20 WC?

Guest gaurav_indian

He's way better than Arafat even if he's rusty or anything...also it will be his first game back, he must be pumped and might just deliver a performance we need in order to win one of the super 8 games. Either way even with Razzaq, it will be extremely difficult to beat Sri Lanka.

Razzaq "was" a terrific player. Is he still good enough? I can't be sure. It's not like Wasim Akram has made a come back. I have my doubts about Razzaq. He has been out of international cricket for quite some time and I don't reckon he is of that quality that can come in and make an impact. Even Lara struggled to score in ICL let along international cricket after having taken a break. If it were Gilly or Hayden or Warne making comeback I would be wary as an Indian supporter. I reckon Razzaq's comeback is not going to help Pakistan. After about a couple of games he will be dropped.

Brilliant news!!! He was in terrific form with the bat in the RBS T20 cup two weeks ago in Pakistan, he bowled pretty well too. With Popeye in the side, Pakistan certainly looks one of the favorites to win. Now if Salman Butt could get or fake injury so that we can bring in dynamite Imran Nazir, then this cup will sure be ours.

:hysterical: @ Imran Nazir..... What's his record in international BTW? The only player if brought in will benefit Pakistan is Mohd Yousuf (not for Twenty20s). Other than that the ones in the team are just fine. BTW why so much hatred towards Salman Butt. He was hailed as a top bat by Pakis in the past and I don't think he is as bad as he's made out to be. I think he's been the best young batsman for Pakistan in a long time. As usual Pakistan always seems to thrash good ones and keep hyping useless ones like Afridi.

:hysterical: @ Imran Nazir..... What's his record in international BTW? The only player if brought in will benefit Pakistan is Mohd Yousuf (not for Twenty20s). Other than that the ones in the team are just fine. BTW why so much hatred towards Salman Butt. He was hailed as a top bat by Pakis in the past and I don't think he is as bad as he's made out to be. I think he's been the best young batsman for Pakistan in a long time. As usual Pakistan always seems to thrash good ones and keep hyping useless ones like Afridi.
He can score against India but seems to fail against everyone else
Never said Salman Butt is bad. I would always prefer him over any other opener in One Days and Test, but for T20 he just doesn't do it.
Well.... Salman butt scored some runs with some quality shots in the last two games by Pakistan. He was quite good against England. The rest were crap including Misbah and Younis against England.
I don't think you've seen Salman Butt's fielding. He drops at least one catch per game, and that also easy ones. Also, in this format I would not prefer him, he's more suited for one day cricket.
Brilliant news!!! He was in terrific form with the bat in the RBS T20 cup two weeks ago in Pakistan' date=' he bowled pretty well too. With Popeye in the side, Pakistan certainly looks one of the favorites to win. Now if Salman Butt could get or fake injury so that we can bring in dynamite Imran Nazir, then this cup will sure be ours.[/quote'] .. and then you wonder whats wrong with Pak cricket. As king wrote razzaq WAS a great player, made for t20 but tell me one thing if he wasnt good enough 2 yrs ago when he announced his retirement, what makes you think he will change your fortunes now ? Can he turn things around for Pak, i dont know , he has 3 games but even if razzaq helps you win t20 WC (which is highly unlikely, yes you could win but not because of razzaq) what next ? do you start recalling all dropped players, nazir, azhar mahmood, sami even if they do well for the next 4-6 month they arent consistant enough to be part of team for long, if they were they wouldnt have been dropped in the first place. You need to rebuild your team which means accepting 1-2 yrs of painful losses. Unless you arent willing to do all that your team is not going anywhere.
Guest gaurav_indian
.. and then you wonder whats wrong with Pak cricket. As king wrote razzaq WAS a great player, made for t20 but tell me one thing if he wasnt good enough 2 yrs ago when he announced his retirement, what makes you think he will change your fortunes now ? Can he turn things around for Pak, i dont know , he has 3 games but even if razzaq helps you win t20 WC (which is highly unlikely, yes you could win but not because of razzaq) what next ? do you start recalling all dropped players, nazir, azhar mahmood, sami even if they do well for the next 4-6 month they arent consistant enough to be part of team for long, if they were they wouldnt have been dropped in the first place. You need to rebuild your team which means accepting 1-2 yrs of painful losses. Unless you arent willing to do all that your team is not going anywhere.
He wont play 3 games.He will play only 2. This is bad news for their legend Fawad Alam.Senior players like Rana Naveed,Abdur Razzaq,Yousuf will make a come back into this team.And their new players will warm the bench.I also dont understand how quickly pakistani fans change their loyalities.2 years ago they werent giving a damn about Abdul Razzaq and Naved Rana when they were in poor form.And then he went to ICl and people started calling him traitor(which ofcourse is a very common word there).They call their pets traitor when they sh** outside their homes.And now when Razzaq is coming back into this team.They are hyping him as the next big thing. Thaali ke baingan hai ya phir dhobi ke kuttay jo na ghar ke na ghaat ke.
Guest gaurav_indian
India is missing Tendulkar' date=' Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Kumble, Agarkar :--D[/quote'] Nope dont be like Pakistani fans lol.They wont talk about their playing eleven.Its always the guys who are either sitting in their homes or warming up the benches will be discussed.And its the mentality of losers.Look at us we dont have Viru but we arent making any fuss about it.Its a team game. Fav comments from pakistani fans "Razzaq didnt play thats why we lost" "Fawad Alam didnt play he is our lucky mascot" "Inti didnt have a mango shake before the match" "Salman Butt woke up on the wrong side of the bed " "Afridi didnt open thats why he failed" "Arafat is injured becoz we wanted to call Razzaq"