Resurgent Pakistan - On to the Semis?

No way we cannot beat Sri Lanka. We'll be extremely lucky if we do so. Sri Lanka are too disciplined of a side' date=' unlike ours. Pakistan should think about winning against NZ, against them we have a realistic chance.[/quote'] At least you are realistic unlike some. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking but this almost sounds like Pakistan has one hand on the cup already..... :winky: If Pakistan does win then good for you folks but we all know they are not the team of the 90s but nothing wrong dreaming.
Oh yeah' date=' its all about getting in form at the right time you see. [b'] Pakistan is a DANGEROUS side provided the openers give some stability. I would say even open with Afridi and Razzaq as the openers have been shaky anyways. This will atleast provide some quick runs and give momentum to the innings.
That's a very correct statement multani, in todays situation - Good on you to accept !! :giggle:

It will take some effort to beat the rampaging Lankans. If Younis wants to win, he has to think aggressive like Javed(the coach) and Akram(the captain) in the 90s. Open with Afridi, keep Razzaq as a floater, give Misbah more time in the middle(higher than Malik), chuck Butt out and keep Akmal as the second opener. And don't chase if you win the toss.

Pakistan has a chance with the ball not with the bat. They can possibly put pressure on Sri Lanka by taking out couple of batsmen at the top but Pakistan's ground fielding and catching doesn't help them there though. It's almost taken for granted Pakistan is going to let go at least 15 runs in the field and about couple of catches as well. Ideally Pakistan lose out 20 odd runs in misfields and dropped catches. When it comes to Pakistan chasing they will need to score 20 extra runs. They could probably lift their bowling and even batting but how about fielding and catching?

More like resurgent pak--on their way home.:giggle: Seriously though SL and NZ are sides i expect to go through to the semis from that group.
I also expect SL and NZ to go through from that group They are in an easier group for sure but I dont think they will be able to beat anybody except Ireland at least not SL by any chance

Multani bhai, thanks for creating this thread.. I was thinking the same last nite.. we started gelling very well now..dont care about people who r creating negative vibes here. Inshalla we will beat srilanka today....I know we will..I guarantee that.. if we win inshallah, multani bhai i send u 1 MIL ICF$.. pakistan-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Guest gaurav_indian
The Pakistan team is gelling at the right moment, just before the super 8. Points to ponder: Weakness: The top order. If we can have a stable opening pair, then the middle order can be devastating near the end overs. So far, the top order has been failing without giving too much stability at the top. In my opinion, Salman Butt provides a stable base and he should be persisted with. Its too bad that the likes of Imran Nazir or Nasir Jamshed. All-rounder spot. With Razzaq coming back into the team, it solidifies the batting and provides the x-factor. While his ICL stint was good in patches with the bowling, his batting was very helpful. And even Fawad Alam can come in as well. Bowling Great spin attack with variety in Malik, Ajmal, and Afridi. These spinners can surely take wickets and at the same time stop the run flow. Just before you know it, the other teams will be crying 'MAA' Fast bowlers : Umer Gul is exceptional with his yorkers and with support from Razzaq and either Tanivir/Aamer Just watch out, the semifinals are there for PAKISTAN to take. From then onwards, anything can happen. Watch it for the sizzling Pakistan Team
:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Sri Lanka has not even started bowling yet. I wo't make any predictions yet. It has to be said Pakistan has made a fantastic come back and given themselves a good chance here. I was going to switch the TV off as I thought it was going to be a one sided encounter but then just watched a couple more overs and couple more and so forth. Now the game seems to be in balance and Pakistan has a chance. Here's hoping it's a close one.

I think the Pakistan fans won't be too disappointed even if they lose. I think Pakistan fought well enough to come back in this game. Whether they will win or not is a different question but they sure did fight back from a very hopeless position.