Congrats Pakistan

Texy

Congratulations? Oh brother. Give us a break. Pak were always expected to beat NZ as they have pwned NZ since the beginning of time. Nothing surprising about this result.
exactly... i was damn sure pak will win this match... so no surprises there.. its unbelievable how this team is coming back... their team looks to b so bad.. with butt and akmal opening and no real big hitters..dont look all threatening.. even with the bowlers.. but amazing how they come in top 4.. and fall in the abyss as all want to... we hava superstar team whose players look like can win the match on their own.. but theres not much difference between them and us..we might be ahead but they r not far beind us .. kudos to Pak..

Pakistan main strength is their bowling attack .. If you see the last few games, they have won the matches because of their bowling....But their batting is still the weak link ... With their current batting form they cannot survive against the quality sides like SA, SL and India...

lol I am Pakistani..maybe you read a post in which I was angry by our team's performance and said something bad about them..
In the Paki-Ind women's match thread when someone made a comment about burqa ... u werent pleased and at the end of ur comment u said "Im not even a paki" :--D Havent met many pakistanis who call themselves PAKI .. anyway

Im not sure why people are so surprised the Pak team hasnt played much cricket recently- that much is true- but its no where near 'in transition' or 'young' or 'inexperienced' or even as 'bad' as is often made out- the core of the team is very much the same as it has been for a while The T20 format suits the teams skills well- stroke playing batsmen, tight bowlers. Them doing well after a few matches to get into rhythm is not so surprising. Umar Gul is the best bowler in the world in t20 - up vs a cr@ppy batting line up he could do spells like yesterday, we know that

I didn't watch the game and obviously gutted NZ lost but kudos to Pakistan. I still think Pakistan cricket team is no good but one of their blokes once in a while performs miracle to win a crucial game like Gul did last night. Just that Pakistan has to hope one of these blokes pull it off against a team when in desperate need. Again the Pakistan cricket fans should have zero expectation otherwise they will be disappointed. When Pakistan wins it's a bonus for the fans as they didn't expect to win.
We are a better team than team India so at least give credit where its due. Keep in you mind that Pakistan lost by only 5 runs the last time around so don't really get too carried away. And what are you talking about Gul? The best T20 bowler (the bowler who's everywhere on the top T20 bowling performance) is being regarded as 'he performs once in a while'...HAH.... you seem to posses nil knowledge of cricket. Pakistan on its days is the most formidable team. We got the best T20 pacers and spinners! It's just our batting which has let us down lately, we were just missing the balance and now with Razzaq's inclusion I think we have got the right balance to lift the trophy. Comeone Pakistan let's roll over Ireland and then the remaining teams. Wonder if we will even see you guys in the semis or final. :--D Pakistan Zindabad!!!!!!!!!:two_thumbs_up:
We are a better team than team India so at least give credit where its due. Keep in you mind that Pakistan lost by only 5 runs the last time around so don't really get too carried away. And what are you talking about Gul? The best T20 bowler (the bowler who's everywhere on the top T20 bowling performance) is being regarded as 'he performs once in a while'...HAH.... you seem to posses nil knowledge of cricket. Pakistan on its days is the most formidable team. We got the best T20 pacers and spinners! It's just our batting which has let us down lately, we were just missing the balance and now with Razzaq's inclusion I think we have got the right balance to lift the trophy. Comeone Pakistan let's roll over Ireland and then the remaining teams. Wonder if we will even see you guys in the semis or final. :--D Pakistan Zindabad!!!!!!!!!:two_thumbs_up:
let's not get too cocky....
Is he the same bowler who got whipped by the Indian batsmen in warm up match?
Even Bangladeshi fans that visit here once in a while used to think they are the best team in the world and T20 WC belonged to them. Pakistan is a **** team no doubt about that. Just because you reckon they are formidable doesn't make them one. I really want you too look at the stats in this century and look at the number of ODI, test and Twenty20 wins they have posted. I know some Pakistani fans that have given up watching cricket not able to digest the consistent failures. On a given day anyone is formidable including Ireland. The consistency has to be shown not just in one tourney or over a month. It's a constant struggle for Pakistan to put a proper team on the field. One day the captain resigns, the next day the chief selector, the next day the captain, the next day the coach and even the board chief is changed like an attire. You talk about Pakistan cricket and it's set up. Nothing has changed with Pakistan with one win. Even if you get to Semis yours is a **** team no second doubt about that. If you want a good look at where Pakistan stands now, have a look :
http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/rankings/rankings.html

Pakistan is placed no.6 in test championship and 5 in ODIs..... if you reckon that is a sign of formidable side then you are right they sure are world beaters. This is surely the problem with fans like you that are half blind. You take mediocrity and one win will make you start feeling at the top of the world. No wonder your team doesn't have to do much other than just win one or two games once in a while. Again whether Pakistan wins this tourney or not who cares. I'd wish you guys end up losing all the games but if it doesn't happen I won't lose sleep over it. You win the world cup, it wouldn't make me lose sleep. Unless you guys can string together enough wins over a period of 6 months or a year you are still crap IMO.

Easy bro. You have done well in just one match (unless you count the one against Netherlands). Take it easy.

LOL@some people going way overboard. So Pak won a T20 against their whipping boys. That doesn't make them the greatest team on earth nor did the loss the SL make them the worst. They are somewhere in the middle but certainly inferior to India and South Africa. Pak fans better hope and pray that Pakistan don't meet India in the semis or finals otherwise they will suffer another massive heartbreak.